Search Unity

Removing the unity watermark from app start

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by CyberInteractiveLLC, Feb 12, 2019.

1. CyberInteractiveLLC

CyberInteractiveLLC

If I bought one of the unity subscriptions to remove the startup unity splash screen, then when that subscription ends, would I still be able to build without the spash screen for the same project?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  2. drcrck

drcrck

3. CyberInteractiveLLC

CyberInteractiveLLC

that is very annoying, I wish I could pay some fee just to remove the watermark without the other things bundled with this licenses

4. Antypodish

Antypodish

You got 1 year prepaid subscription, if you like.
    Other stuff comes already free with an editor :)

5. I believe you missed something. I don't think there is watermark anywhere in any project. There is something in WebGL projects, but AFAIK they remove it without Plus/Pro subscription. You should really contact the support instead of the forum.

If you refer to the splash screen as 'watermark' then it's a completely other story.

6. Antypodish

Antypodish

I assumed that in case of OP. Even this is not technically water mark.

7. Yeah, it's confusing. That's why I gave two answers. :D Sometimes people do not understand how important is it to use the proper terms for certain things.

Joe-Censored and Antypodish like this.
  8. CyberInteractiveLLC

CyberInteractiveLLC

I edited the original post, hopefully the small mistake didn't disturb you too much.

9. Antypodish

Antypodish

No, since you are not buying subscription for the project, but for editor.
    But if your project makes decent $$, you wont have an issue.

10. It's not about my disturbance. It's about the ability to give you adequate answer. If we don't speak the same language then information is falling through the cracks and will be lost in the void.

Since you're talking about splash screen see @Antypodish's answer. You get the subscription for your editor, not per project, so after your subscription ends, you won't be able to build your projects without splash screen.

But I believe this investigation would have had to be done before you buy any subscriptions...

Joe-Censored likes this.
  11. Jaimi

Jaimi

You can of course just work in the free version of the editor until you are ready to release, and then subscribe.

Ryiah likes this.
  12. quirkylemon103

quirkylemon103

so if you make the game and then subscribe and publish the splash screen wouldn't be there but if updated the game
    then it would be there unless your subscribed

13. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Well again, you subscribe for a minimum 1 year period before you can cancel, so you'll have plenty of time to push out post release updates. After a year you can decide if it is worth it for you to continue with the subscription, but once you cancel you will be back to the behavior of the Personal license.

Ryiah likes this.