Search Unity

Removing Scene Bindings from Playable Director

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by Stacklucker, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Stacklucker

Stacklucker

Hi,

is there a way to remove scene bindings from the playable director, or delete/clear the whole list?
    I need to dynamically set the bindings of a certain director to the one of another and achieve this by using
    "GetGenericBindings" for all the tracks on director A and then feeding the key/value pair into director B by using "SetGenericBinding" on director B.

The problem is that my scene binding list keeps growing larger and simply sets any previous key/value pairs ( which I now don't need anymore) to null, respectively. I now have hundreds of "null" key value pairs, how do I get rid of them?

Cheers.

[EDIT]

After some more searching I found a workaround posted by @julienb here (https://forum.unity.com/threads/scenes-binding-not-being-cleared.539167/).
    It seems to be a bug. Is this still not fixed, after 3 years?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
  2. DavidGeoffroy

DavidGeoffroy

Unity Technologies

It's been addressed in Unity 2020.2.0. Since it requires a new features, it cannot be backported to previous versions.

upload_2021-1-19_13-23-3.png

3. TheHemohscinProject

TheHemohscinProject

did you figure out how to make it work? I tried it and the timeline still affects the other animators even after being destroyed somehow, though it's likely that just like literally everything else it's something that only affects me