Search Unity

1. Check out the Unite LA keynote for updates on the Visual Effect Editor, the FPS Sample, ECS, Unity for Film and more! Watch it now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Removing projects from Unity Cloud Build

Discussion in 'Unity Cloud Build' started by matbrummitt, Sep 12, 2015.

1. ThermodynamicsMakesMeHot

ThermodynamicsMakesMeHot

I don't see what the problem is allowing a deleting for those people who really don't care about losing everything because these were all just test projects and now full of nonsense and invalid data your stuck with it.

2015....and here there still is no option for a user to control their own data. How far is too far protecting people from their own ineptitude?

Why not add a recycle bin akin to archive that will delete after 60 days..maybe too long but still that would at least allow the garbage to be taken out.

Print3d and Kiwasi like this.
  2. Print3d

Print3d

I actually found out that every little simple test project i made since i started playing with the editor (around two months ago, really a beginner) is still there and to my surprise there's no way to delete it... This has to be sorted out or, AT LEAST, make it clear that when the editor starts by default you are actually saving everything in the Cloud without being able to remove anything...

Can't quote this enough .

3. AnneSchmidt

AnneSchmidt

I've been absent for a while and deleting projects we added to the cloud build is still not possible, as is deleting the organisations we created...

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  4. gaveitatry

gaveitatry

It was reported on Nov 02, 2015, that deleting projects is disabled TEMPORARILY until Unity implements a better approach. It is now Feb 24, 2018, over three years later. Unity, your idea of "temporary" is bogus. I am really OCD about having projects that I want completely erased still lurking around somewhere. I don't want these projects "archived" or "disabled". I want them completely erased! Why can't you understand that?

So Aram-Azhari provided some information in post#23 on how to delete these projects.
    curl -X DELETE -H "Authorization: Basic yourAPIkey" https://build-api.cloud.unity3d.com/api/v1/orgs/your-organization-name/projects/yourprojectIDnumber

But I have no idea what I am supposed to do with this line of code. I don't know what a Unity terminal is. There is this link https://build-api.cloud.unity3d.com/docs/1.0.0/index.html where you can enter your API key at the top left of the page and then navigate to 'Archive Projects' and type in your-organization-name and yourprojectIDnumber. But anytime that I do that, I get this as a result:

Response
    No Content, Status: 204

Also, according to Aram-Azhari in post#23, there is supposed to be a "Disable Project" section, not a "Archive Project" section, on this https://build-api.cloud.unity3d.com/docs/1.0.0/index.html page. Regardless, I don't know how to get this curl -X command to work, and I don't want to disable or archive anything. I just want to completely erase things that I no longer need or want.

Unity, you used to provide a "delete" option. And you told us 3.25 years ago that you only TEMPORARILY disabled the "delete" option. It is about time you put an end to this TEMPORARY business and give us a way to delete projects again. Just add additional warnings like "Do you understand that blah blah" and prompt the manager to click OK, I Understand - DO IT! confirmation buttons.

Please?

5. Quadrant

Quadrant

Wow this is horse dung. Its my content, I want it deleted permanently. The fact that its still archived means I do not actually control my content. Do I really need to get a lawyer involved?

6. Skeckulous

Skeckulous

Yes. You do.
    Do it!

7. AnneSchmidt

AnneSchmidt

Yes, I just noticed this yesterday too. We are still unable to fully remove our projects from the cloud. Neither can we remove the name we put in "Organisation". I put my name in it then. At least, if I delete this account will my archived projects be deleted? @David-Berger

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018