Search Unity

Removing projects from Unity Cloud Build

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by matbrummitt, Sep 12, 2015.

1. ThermodynamicsMakesMeHot

ThermodynamicsMakesMeHot

I don't see what the problem is allowing a deleting for those people who really don't care about losing everything because these were all just test projects and now full of nonsense and invalid data your stuck with it.

2015....and here there still is no option for a user to control their own data. How far is too far protecting people from their own ineptitude?

Why not add a recycle bin akin to archive that will delete after 60 days..maybe too long but still that would at least allow the garbage to be taken out.

Print3d and Kiwasi like this.
  2. Print3d

Print3d

I actually found out that every little simple test project i made since i started playing with the editor (around two months ago, really a beginner) is still there and to my surprise there's no way to delete it... This has to be sorted out or, AT LEAST, make it clear that when the editor starts by default you are actually saving everything in the Cloud without being able to remove anything...

Can't quote this enough .

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

I've been absent for a while and deleting projects we added to the cloud build is still not possible, as is deleting the organisations we created...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2017
  4. Quadrant

Quadrant

Wow this is horse dung. Its my content, I want it deleted permanently. The fact that its still archived means I do not actually control my content. Do I really need to get a lawyer involved?

KateHayashi likes this.
  5. Skeckulous

Skeckulous

Yes. You do.
    Do it!

KateHayashi likes this.
  6. Deleted User

Deleted User

Yes, I just noticed this yesterday too. We are still unable to fully remove our projects from the cloud. Neither can we remove the name we put in "Organisation". I put my name in it then. At least, if I delete this account will my archived projects be deleted? @David-Berger

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2018
  7. isaphan

isaphan

I tried the curl command from a unix terminal and though I got no error response, it didn't do anything. Unity won't allow users to delete their own content. Given it's now 4 years that nothing was done, I guess it's a (bad) policy?

8. Salzian

Salzian

Want to bump this again because by the given timeframe, this is getting ridiculous. I now have 25 archived projects from past tests and no opportunity to delete them permanently in any way. I get that it can be a problem for people accidentaly deleting their project by removing it from one of the services. If the underlying system works that way, that's unfortunate. But please give us back the "delete everything" feature. Apparently it worked before so I dno't get it why it hasn't returned for so long by now.

Please fix!

unity_nul8qwxuJogqdg likes this.
  9. acmshar

acmshar

Another vote for this functionality. I created a second project with the same name as an archived one and I'm concerned this could lead to an issue in the future if I can't delete the archived version.

10. Deozaan

Deozaan

Hmm... Doesn't GDPR require they comply with requests to delete your data? Is Unity Tech based in a country that needs to comply with GDPR?

11. Zamaroht

Zamaroht

Is it possible to archive a project via API across all Unity services in any way? Thanks

12. Deleted User

Deleted User

And two years later, I still cannot remove the projects I have archived...

I have submitted a request about that; I hope it will be accepted and the projects I have created will be permanently removed.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2019
  13. LeleUnity

LeleUnity

I want to delete my project which has been uploaded to their servers by error! It's sensitive data! I want to delete the collaborate feature not the unity ADS which I need! How i possibile? I get only ARCHIVE PROJECT, NOT DELETE PROJECT! PLEASE HELP!

14. Deleted User

Deleted User

What about reading my post just above yours and use the link I put in it?

15. jasongaged

jasongaged

LOL, I read all the comments and I still can't delete my project all I can find is disable project in cloud build. but i can't clear my project

16. Matt25

Matt25

We are now midway through 2021, and still no "delete" feature! cheers!

17. Kiefie

Kiefie

Wow. what a mess.

I was enthusiastic about using Collab until I discovered the bunch of garbage projects I created while testing will be there forever.

This hurts me deeply. Even though I stop using Collab, they will remain, forever tormenting me from the deepest depths of my soul. Is this Programmer Hell?

Last edited: May 20, 2021
    zetaFairlight likes this.
  18. zetaFairlight

zetaFairlight

This is needed. There are a lot of test projects and even projects that I don't need to see. Some "archived" projects (since there's no delete function) even collide with PlasticSCM... How I'm supposed to use Collab or even use Plastic?

19. screenshot1.png

Hit the question mark in the header of your dashboard and the last entry is to file a ticket with them. Just ask them to remove all of your archived projects. (If you want to remove all of them).

20. AlanMattano

AlanMattano

Can you improve the Delete button? There are a lot of users failing to find the way to delete the project from Unity Services: https://answers.unity.com/questions/1108794/delete-a-project-from-unity-services.html

and last answer by yousafgrewal6 · 9 hours ago

21. Hakayak

Hakayak

Hello, is it possible to delete the projects instead of archiving them? Why are you preventing this?

22. Jerixik

Jerixik

Very soon, this problem will touch on 2022 :(

23. rajivrao

rajivrao

Unity Technologies

Thanks for the heads up and appreciate the feedback. For a variety of reasons, Cloud Build doesn't own the deletion/archiving choice for built assets. I will ping the team that does and see if this is something that we can have surfaced for UCB users.

Nomad1108 likes this.
  24. nooklp

nooklp

hello from the end of 2023

25. Nomad1108

Nomad1108

26. x98160

x98160

still no delete option... ive just read through all this