Search Unity

Removing Firebase analytics from project

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by nickfourtimes, Nov 22, 2017.

1. nickfourtimes

nickfourtimes

Hi, I added Google Firebase to our project via this guide, to enable us to do some light analytics. However, I was wondering if it's also possible to remove Firebase from our game (for one thing, it's triggering a needless "Missing Push Notifications Entitlement" warning from Apple).

Is there a way to completely remove Firebase from builds? Right now it's generating a separate target or project called Pods in my Xcode solution, even if I remove any explicit script calls to Firebase, and I'm not sure how to remove that.

2. psbgames22

psbgames22

I have the same problem. If anyone have any solution please post it.

3. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Cannot you just remove the Firebase package from the Unity project?

4. HEATH3N

HEATH3N

What do you mean "remove the Firebase package"? Is there some new way to remove arbitrary packages from Unity projects that I don't know about? Because when I install any package, a bunch of different folders are created and existing files are modified and as far as I can tell there's no easy way to remove it.

5. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Yeah, they don't seem to include instructions on how to remove it and Google isn't providing much help. What have you tried? Generally deleting the folders created in the file system is sufficient for most packages, but make a back up first.

6. nimarit

nimarit

Was anyone able to solve this?

Every time I try removing the packages and re-installing Firebase, I get a duplicate dll error, amongst other things. Just not sure about the proper procedure to fully remove Firebase cleanly from any files that were modified by it

7. gferrari

gferrari

I need resolve similar problem with Firebase Message. I can't remove it

ak4514768, touchzing6 and unnanego like this.
  8. unnanego

unnanego

anyone?

9. tn7111

tn7111

Maybe not the best way, but you may re-import unitypackage into the project. When you do, at the beginning it shows you all the files it's going to install and to which locations. Memorize all the locations (screenshot). Then cancel import and remove all of the leftovers.

Also don't forget about GoogleService-Info in Assets folder if you have one.

faithmorante and SaturnusK1 like this.
  10. Eloren

Eloren

11. davidair

davidair

Attached Files:

Benymo likes this.
  12. MeTheOo

MeTheOo

You can use External Dependency Manager to uninstall packages
    スクリーンショット 2021-05-05 18.49.07.png スクリーンショット 2021-05-05 18.49.17.png スクリーンショット 2021-05-05 18.49.07.png スクリーンショット 2021-05-05 18.49.17.png

13. guneyozsan

guneyozsan

After closing Unity, delete all Firebase related folders. Open Unity, it will regenerate some dll's. Close Unity and remove generated files by discarding changes using source control. Repeat open-close Unity and delete generated files. After 2 or 3 times no files are generated anymore. Clear the meta files and related empty folders and you should be done.

nilesh_unity833 likes this.
  14. drorco

drorco

AndyUnityDeveloper likes this.