Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

removing asset store is a bad move

Discussion in '2020.2 Beta' started by TokyoWarfareProject, Jul 23, 2020.

1. TokyoWarfareProject

TokyoWarfareProject

For some reason the other thread is locked.
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/no-dont-do-it-dont.925772/

Let me explain you why this is bad.

I know videos don´t play, I know surfing in a browser can be a better experience, BUT, having the assets at your reach on a tab, TIED TO YOUR MAIN DEVELOPER ACCOUNT is a big plus.

In my case, I do have several accounts, my legacy account which has all the assets/purchased tied to, and other accounts for forum acces to specific subforums (requirement) such as console development.

This means, that when I browse on the explorer I've my console account(S) so I brose but I don´t purchase on brower because that would require constant log out log in.

On top of that, an extremelly annoying mod banned my legacy account form the forums ( ridiculous ban) blocking my account form the forums yet obviously active for purchases. Once you accidentally log in with a banned account you CAN NOT LOG OUT! and unles you flush your brower losing all other cached data for other forums etc you can´t log in again.

Easy solution---> when playing a video open a broweser and play on youtube.
    You could make the asset store hidden by default and make it available only on demand, via settings option.

thank you.

2. AlkisFortuneFish

AlkisFortuneFish

Hence not solving the issue of having to ship a constantly out of date web engine with the Editor.

phobos2077 likes this.
  3. richardkettlewell

richardkettlewell

Unity Technologies

The integrated asset store is not coming back.

But I’m sure the package manager team will be happy to listen to constructive feedback about how to make the new inventory of purchased assets inside the package manager window meet your needs.

dzamani, JoNax97, NotaNaN and 6 others like this.
  4. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

One thing I would love is that asset links from the browser ( open in unity ) actually opened in unity and not in the hub.

I have multiple unity versions installed and the open in unity link never seems to open in the unity version that I have currently running

Ruslank100, Deozaan, transat and 2 others like this.