Search Unity

Removing Asset Reviews

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by browne11, Apr 27, 2023.

1. browne11

browne11

I have an ongoing feud with an asset developer who wouldn't refund me. It had bugs and was short of time to help him debug it on my computer. The entire point of this asset was to save time.

Long story short he denied my refund and I reviewed him poorly. After getting my reviews removed due to that being part of their policy I wrote about bugs instead. They removed that one as well.

This is an ongoing issue with Unity from many others who say pretty much all reviews are effectively curated to increase sales. I have given over 20 5-star reviews, and all of my 1-2s are gone. I think I had 2 in total.

I understand that developers need some protection, but you have gone too far in one direction. As with everything there needs to be balance.

I suggest you take a hard look at your competition who is growing much faster than you and start to provide some customer service so that long-standing Unity veterans like myself will continue to support you on our platforms.

Thanks

NorthernDevGuy likes this.
  2. NorthernDevGuy

NorthernDevGuy

Have to say I agree with this. I too have had a post removed, even though it was purely feedback from the point of view as a consumer getting a product that is broken/unusable.
    I get there are protections for refunds and all that, fine. I can eat the cost of the asset, but at least let me state my opinion as a consumer as the review system is intended for.

Ne0mega and browne11 like this.
  3. Ne0mega

Ne0mega

This is an issue. If the review sucks, let it be anyway. People can make up their own minds. I generally ignore reviews that say "buggy, support is useless or such"

But if you pay $100 for an asset, or it gets deprecated six months later, only to be re-released as a new version with bug fixes and two new tiny features... You arent even allowed a warning review for others and to voice your displeasure. I mean, they have your money, you feel ripped off, and you are told to shut up by unity asset store, cant even leave a review.

Hence, my purchases went from about $1500 a year to $15 every two years, (ive bought one package since).