Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Removed assets

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nibek1000, Dec 3, 2017.

1. nibek1000

nibek1000

Hi,
    How does removed asstets work? I know that if I downloaded or I bought asset I can still download it. But what if asset is removed and I want to buy it? Can I download it from other websites and use it without pay? I tried to contact with asset developer...
    What can I do to get this asset and use it?

2. Ryiah

Ryiah

If it's been removed you won't be able to buy it from Unity's Asset Store.

Yes, but you cannot do so legally unless the author has made it available for free.

Outside of trying alternative methods of contacting the developer, or pirating it as mentioned above, you'll have to accept that some assets are simply no longer available for use.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  3. superpig

superpig

Drink more water! Unity Technologies

Usually when we mark something as 'deprecated' on the store, it's hidden from search and from new users, but users who already bought it can continue to download it. I think we usually only outright remove an asset when it's necessary for legal reasons (e.g. DMCA violations).

theANMATOR2b, Joe-Censored and Kiwasi like this.
  4. verybinary

verybinary

when you buy an asset, it gets downloaded into a hidden folder on your box. im not sure why unity wants to hide our purchases from us, but unless you're working with a fresh install, you can grab it from that folder.