Search Unity

1. Check out the Unite LA keynote for updates on the Visual Effect Editor, the FPS Sample, ECS, Unity for Film and more! Watch it now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Remove Vuforia from project

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by HollyManolly, Jun 13, 2018.

1. HollyManolly

HollyManolly

Hi guys, since Vuforia has been natively supported by Unity, I'm having difficulties removing it from a project once it has been imported. So, how do you go about this ? I have tried removing all of the related assets, as well as deleting the UnityPackageManager folder frm outside Unity. The scriptable object representing its configuration always finds a way to pop up in the Resources folder, and every scene takes a hold of the MainCamera, attaching a Vuforia Behaviour on it.

2. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

@HollyManolly Which version of Unity are you using? Is Vuforia still marked active in the Player Settings -> XR Settings?

chauBV likes this.
  3. bibloc

bibloc

@HollyManolly Look in your ProjectSettings.asset and remove everything related to Vuforia :

- m_BuildTarget: iOS
    m_Enabled: 0
    m_Devices:
    - Vuforia

m_BuildTargetEnableVuforiaSettings:
    - m_BuildTarget: Standalone
    - m_BuildTarget: Metro
    m_Enabled: 1

scriptingDefineSymbols:
    4:
    7: VUFORIA_ANDROID_SETTINGS;VUFORIA_SAMPLE_ORIENTATION_SETTINGS
    14: VUFORIA_WSA_SETTINGS

become

m_Devices: []

scriptingDefineSymbols:
    4:

I think it's a bug when you upgrade a old project (Unity 5.6 => Unity 2018).
    ProjectSettings keep Vuforia configuration no matter XR Settings state.

Nikhil12 and h3rmes like this.
  4. shacharoz

shacharoz

it also happens to me on 2017.3

5. Dami-Juana

Dami-Juana

Also happens to me on 2017.2p1