Search Unity

Question Remove Player from Player Management - Unity Gaming Services

Discussion in 'Unity Gaming Services General Discussion' started by Gokul46585, Sep 12, 2022.

1. Gokul46585

Gokul46585

Hi, Can anyone tell me how to remove the players i have created for testing purposes
    upload_2022-9-12_17-37-30.png

2. MiTschMR

MiTschMR

This is currently not possible, I have however submitted a feature request.

3. Gokul46585

Gokul46585

thanks for the reply. i found the solution. you can request app deletion through api call
    await AuthenticationService.Instance.DeleteAccountAsync();

4. MiTschMR

MiTschMR

Ah sorry, I thought you meant through the GUI. Yeah, API calls are also supported if the user is logged in.

5. CameronDWills

CameronDWills

I also would very much like a way to delete player accounts in the UGS dashboard! This is useful for many things... test accounts... banning a player... removing accounts that are missing important data fields needed in-game that without them would throw errors, etc

6. Gokul46585

Gokul46585

Yes, by the time I just wanted to delete the player and I can't login as every player and delete their account as well. So it would be great if they added the feature like you requested in the gui itself.
    Thanks.

7. Gokul46585

Gokul46585

Anyway I have other doubts as well. The inventory items i had in economy i can't get them as numbers as in currency, like for currency we have balance, but for inventory item it just have a name that's it. If I want my player to have some object, i want to specify the quantity of that object but here it is not available.Is there any other options to do it. I also tried to give custom data json but i didn't get the custom data on the getinventoryasync()

8. codoraunity

codoraunity

Hello Everyone, i am following this thread any update. The "await AuthenticationService.Instance.DeleteAccountAsync();" will only delete the currently logged in user. i-e only one user. What about the rest? Please update if there is any workaround !.

9. CameronDWills

CameronDWills

In my game for quantities what I use is the instance data. So a player only "gets" an item once... and I store the quantity as an entry in that items instance data. If the quantity ever drops to 0, I use game logic to just not show the item in the UI. This way, they don't have to keep having items added to their inventory and possibly hitting the inventory cap in Economy.

This is the only way currently I think. What I had to do in my game was have the gamelogic check if the account is one that should be deleted (for example, accounts that dont have the cloud save variable 'beta test'). If they don't have this variable in their cloud save keys, then automatically delete their account (and in my use case, recreate a new account)