Search Unity

1. Unity 2018.3 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Our response to Improbable’s blog post (and why you can keep working on your SpatialOS game). Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to provide direct feedback to the Unity team? Join the Unity Advisory Panel.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice

Remove package from project

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by yuyenkan999, Jan 10, 2019 at 8:09 PM.

1. yuyenkan999

yuyenkan999

I am new to Unity, my Unity version is 2017.3.1f1

recently my project showing error while compilling

The package Newtonsoft.Json with version 12.0.1 could not be found in C:\Users\User\.nuget\packages\. Run a NuGet package restore to download the package.

Since the package is not necessary, I want to remove it from my project, but I have no idea how can I do it, I saw some post talk about package manager under window tab, but it is not showing in my Unity.

any idea what can I do?

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

One thing you might try (make a back up first) is to choose Reset Packages to Default under the Help menu. I was having a similar problem recently, and it worked for me.

3. yuyenkan999

yuyenkan999

There is no Reset Packages under my help menu?

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

Ah, it's different type of package! This is referring to a nuget package, not Unity Package Manager. sorry. Please show a screenshot of your project, and the error? That seems like a Visual Studio message.

5. yuyenkan999

yuyenkan999

ah, I deleted all cache like migrationBackups folder, app.config, and obj folder then rebuild solution then it is solved.