Search Unity

Resolved Remove Google Play Games console logs

Discussion in 'Android' started by Shadowing, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Shadowing

Shadowing

I have this issue with using google play games where it spams my console log with a ton of logs.
    Anyone know how to remove that?

2. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

Is that log from your game or from Android itself?

3. Shadowing

Shadowing

Its in the editor so I guess its just the Google play games plug in. It spams on every compile.
    I'll paste what it says here in a bit

Thanks for the response.
    I use Unity 80 hours a week. So unwanted logs is super annoying lol.

4. Shadowing

Shadowing

This is what my logs look like

5. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

If the plugin prints it, there's not much you can do, if they didn't implement any setting to remove it. Did you try asking the creator of Google play games plug in?

6. Shadowing

Shadowing

ya its been 2 weeks now still waiting for a reply. I think i saw a settings thing somewhere on another thread though. need to go see if i can figure out how to open that.

7. Shadowing

Shadowing

This is the giant issue with free plug ins in Unity. Never any good support with it. I actually try not to use free stuff when ever I can. Some free stuff does have some good developers behind it though. Like TextMeshPro for example. This is google games so i have no choice. I even cringe when i see people selling assets to low like $5 or $10 or when i see a great asset go on sale for 75 percent off. First thing I'm thinking is this guy is working for free.

Its like those huge summer sales on Steam when developers are selling their game for 85% off. Its a really sad thing.

I couldn't get google games log in to work anyways in 2018. Never could get it to return a server auth code. I need to try again now that im using 2020.

8. mdbtfw

mdbtfw

We ran into this problem as well and discovered that somehow verbose logging got turned on during some plugin upgrade at some point.

Look for ProjectSettings/GvhProjectSettings.xml and make sure none of the VerboseLogging settings are True:

Code (csharp):
    1. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    2. <projectSettings>
    3.   <projectSetting name="Google.IOSResolver.VerboseLoggingEnabled" value="False" />
    4.   <projectSetting name="Google.PackageManagerResolver.VerboseLoggingEnabled" value="False" />
    5.   <projectSetting name="Google.VersionHandler.VerboseLoggingEnabled" value="False" />
    6.   <projectSetting name="Google.VersionHandler.VersionHandlingEnabled" value="True" />
    7.   <projectSetting name="GooglePlayServices.AutoResolverEnabled" value="False" />
    8.   <projectSetting name="GooglePlayServices.PromptBeforeAutoResolution" value="False" />
    9.   <projectSetting name="GooglePlayServices.UseJetifier" value="True" />
    10. </projectSettings>

9. Shadowing

Shadowing

@mdbtfw thanks so much you the man. total fix.

Now i just need to find some time to try to get google log in working. Back in Unity 2018 could never get it to send me a unique log in key.
    I think i read that was just a issue in 2018 and doesn't exist in 2020.

10. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

1. Open Assets -> External Dependency Manager -> Android -> Settings from top menu bar.
    2. Deselect Verbose Logging
    3. Click on OK.

Screenshot 2021-09-22 at 6.58.43 PM.png

Thanks,
    VB Team

Shadowing likes this.
  11. Shadowing

Shadowing

oh was wondering where that was

12. ayoayomide124

ayoayomide124

Thanks, @Voxel-Busters if you experience a similar issue in 2024