Search Unity

Remove from list button doesn't do anything

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Baste, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Baste

Baste

This button:

upload_2018-10-11_11-54-58.png

Clicking it doesn't seem to have any effect. The version is still in the list. Tried restarting the hub, no dice.

2. afshinity

afshinity

Unity Technologies

Sorry for the inconvenience. Would you please share your logs with me in a direct message or report a bug that we can investigate more.

By any chance, did you change any json files in the UnityHub folder?

3. Baste

Baste

I for sure have not edited anything in the "Unity Hub" folder, which I assume is the one you mean? Where the executable lives. I don't think I've even opened it before just now.

The log (I assume AppData/Roaming/UnityHub/logs is the interesting one) is this:

That is after I
    - closed the hub
    - deleted all the logs
    - opened the hub
    - tried to remove the project
    - quit the hub (right-click icon, select "quit hub", not just minimizing it)

4. afshinity

afshinity

Unity Technologies

I could reproduce (with some manual triggers) your case. From the logs, it looks like the editor in question (which is installed through the hub) is missing a file (and because of that is considered as a located editor).

This happens when you choose the hub folder to install an editor using the download assistant (which I guess is the case for you since I can see 5.5.1f1 and 5.6.5p2 in that folder).

I will send a workaround/hack in a direct message to you but in general, we assume that you are choosing other locations than Unity Hub folder for your installation outside of the hub

5. Baste

Baste

Ah, right.

I won't be choosing other folders. It's already a huge pain that the Hub doesn't allow me to install other versions than the latest version. It's already a minor pain that there's a "Unity/Hub" folder and a "Unity Hub/" folder in program files and I can't really remember which is which.

I really don't want the added pain of having my different editors installed all over the place. If you insist that the way that we have to use older installs is to find them manually on the download archive, please at least support that.