Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Remove collaborator broken

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by idunlop_oefun, Jun 23, 2015.

1. idunlop_oefun

idunlop_oefun

Are you aware this feature is broken? I have several projects that I've tried to remove a specific collaborator from only to get this error message:

'Sorry, we were unable to complete your request.'

Any work arounds?

2. hypeNate

hypeNate

Unity Technologies

Hi @idunlop_oefun - hmm, it seems to work for me. Perhaps there's a bug related to your project / account. I will PM you and ask for some additional information. If anyone else sees this issues, please leave a note here!

3. idunlop_oefun

idunlop_oefun

Thanks - just sent you a message.

4. mikensecretlocation

mikensecretlocation

I have the same issue. Unable to remove a collaborator from a project. Tried it from two separate accounts. URL just redirects to <project>&err=The+requested+object+was+not+found. and I get a "Sorry, we were unable to complete your request." error message

5. sagocloudbuild

sagocloudbuild

Not sure if it's related, but I can't add collaborators. I get the same 'Sorry, we were unable to complete your request.' error message.

6. David-Berger

David-Berger

Unity Technologies

@mikensecretlocation could you please give it a go again? We fixed a bug and it should work again.
    @sagocloudbuild could you please log out and login again and maybe also try a different browser, just to be sure and please let us know how it goes so we can have a look if it still does not work.

7. sagocloudbuild

sagocloudbuild

I tried a different browser (on a different machine) and I'm still having the same problem. I've opened a support ticket :)

8. David-Berger

David-Berger

Unity Technologies

FYI: we pushed a fix for this problem and it should work properly again! :D

9. mikensecretlocation

mikensecretlocation

Thanks works fine now

David-Berger likes this.
  10. antifuzz

antifuzz

Erm... I may be being a doofus today, but I can't see how to remove a collaborator. Where am I meant to do this?

11. David-Berger

David-Berger

Unity Technologies

You just go to the collaborator page and klick on the little trashbin symbol next to the collaborator name. :cool:

12. antifuzz

antifuzz

I don't see trashbins there. I only see one next to a "pending" user, not to the others. See attached.

Attached Files:

13. David-Berger

David-Berger

Unity Technologies

The members without trashcan are your team members, I guess? They have the same organisation as you and those can no be deleted. Does this make sense? :)

14. antifuzz

antifuzz

Thanks David that makes sense I guess. However, one of those members has now been removed from our organisation altogether, but I can't remove him as a project collaborator.

Also, what happens if we have more members of our organisation than collaborator "slots"?

15. zibas

zibas

I'm also unable to remove a collaborator. Tried multiple browsers. Removing them just give a loading spinner saying "Removing Collaborator" then the list refreshes with the person still there. Sometimes they shift orders.

16. David-Berger

David-Berger

Unity Technologies

Does it work via Unity Editor in the Services tab?

17. zibas

zibas

They aren't listed as members in the services tab. They only appear in the cloud web collaborators list.

18. David-Berger

David-Berger

Unity Technologies

Are you logged in with the correct account? Better double check that. :)

19. zibas

zibas

Yep. I only have one account.

20. unitychrism

unitychrism

Hi there,

Please direct message me the e-mail address of the collaborator you're trying to delete, and I will investigate.

21. Skyblade

Skyblade

@unitychrism Hi, I sent you a direct message at January 16, 2016, did you read it?

Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
  22. davemeta

davemeta

23. ESG-Steven

ESG-Steven

Hey There!

I'm getting the same bug as @davem123us
    It's brutal getting every build from every project we have so we'd like to control collaborators

24. dannyd

dannyd

Unity Technologies

It looks like we are incorrectly showing the "remove" button for users that are part of the organization the project belongs to. You should not be able to remove a member from a single project if they belong to the organization the project belongs to. Will look into getting this fixed.

If you want to remove the user from the organization, you can manage that here: https://id.unity.com/organizations

25. ESG-Steven

ESG-Steven

@dannyd Sorry for the late reply. I don't want to remove them from my organization, but we have a large office with many projects. Everyone is very annoyed they have to choose between getting emails from every project or none. I want to remove them as a collaborator because they have nothing to do with that project and they are just getting spammed with emails. Perhaps I've missed a different setting?

26. dannyd

dannyd

Unity Technologies

@ESG-Steven: You didn't miss anything. It's basically all or nothing for emails right now. We want to add the ability to set email preferences per-project for individual users but haven't implemented it yet.

For now, email filters are probably your best bet.

ESG-Steven likes this.