Search Unity

Remove assets from "My Assets" ?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Aeskyphaz, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Aeskyphaz

Aeskyphaz

Hello;
    I ran into a little proble today; I was willing to clean my Asset Store "My Assets" list, because there are quite a few assets in here that I only tried out once and never touched again. It tickles me because I would like to keep only the ones that I paid for in this list...
    Is there any way to clean it up, by which I mean removing assets from this list ?

Thank you in advance,
    Aes

2. ArachnidAnimal

ArachnidAnimal

In the asset store window in Unity editor, there should be a garbage can icon next to the asset. Clicking it moves the asset to the "bin", and will no longer show up in the default asset store page in the Unity editor.

3. Aeskyphaz

Aeskyphaz

Thank you very much :)

4. DeepShader

DeepShader

Bildschirmfoto 2018-09-21 um 20.18.30.png This isn't possible anymore. Any idea how to delete an asset inside the editor without delete it manually from the folder in my system?

papirosnik likes this.
  5. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Removing an asset from your list in the Asset Store has nothing to do with removing it from one of your projects, if that is what you mean by "inside the editor".

6. Deleted User

Deleted User

There is a "hide" button, just under the "Open in Unity" button. You must go on the assets store here, not within Unity to find it.

unity_2jihan000 likes this.
  7. DeepShader

DeepShader

I know, but it has to do much with disk-space which is used :p So I want to remove unused but downloaded assets from my system. In earlier versions of Unity there was a delete button, but now I've to go manually to the folder in my system and delete the assets there. So my question was, if there's an easier way inside of Unity :p

8. DeepShader

DeepShader

I don't want to hide anything I bought from the bought-list in Unity, I want to remove the downlaoded-files/assets from my system without doing it manually from the folder in my system :p

papirosnik likes this.
  9. Deleted User

Deleted User

All right, your post was a bit unclear. The only way to delete the downloaded assets is by doing it manually. May I ask why you don't want to do that?

Edit : Wait, you can delete a project from within the editor, just select everything that is under "Assets" in the Project view, then press the "DEL" key and click on "Delete". You won't be able to delete the packages that way though.

Capture4.JPG

Is that what you wanted?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2018
  10. DeepShader

DeepShader

Argh.. please read what I wrote: I want to delete the Assets Unity downloaded through the Asset Store which are in the download-folder in my system NOT(!) in my project.

Look at my screenshot... there was a trash-bin in earlier versions, which disappears in 2018.x

I don't want to do it manually in the folders on my system
    Windows: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Unity\Asset Store
    macOS: ~/Library/Unity/Asset\ Store/

But it seems that Unity removed that really useful feature...
    Bildschirmfoto 2018-09-22 um 13.45.51.png

11. zetaFairlight

zetaFairlight

I want to selectively revome some of them (not the right to download it again) but from my SSD

AliceWasNeverHere likes this.
  12. Deleted User

Deleted User

What about deleting them manually? I do that all the time.

13. DavidLieder

DavidLieder

Why not do it manually? Good maintenance of your desktop workstation is your responsiblity, and not the job of the Unity company. I deleted my entire desktop computer's local Unity asset downloads (from three years), and then just downloaded what I use a lot.

14. DavidLieder

DavidLieder

Not sure what you mean by "SSD". Local desktop "downloaded" assets are stored in folders named according to their asset developer, at:

Windows: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Unity\Asset Store-5.x

15. Deleted User

Deleted User

How to completly delete asset ???

16. DavidLieder

DavidLieder

DELETE ASSET FROM LOCAL DESKTOP COMPUTER:

To delete it from your local computer, go to the local folder where all the assets are kept. But that will not change the online list.

Windows: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Unity\Asset Store-5.x

DELETE ASSET FROM UNITY ACCOUNT FOREVER:

To delete from your Unity account list forever, at this time you have to go to the old asset store and find the trash can next to the asset name, as of December, 2018 when I wrote this.

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/?stay#!/account/downloads

The new asset store has a "hide" link but it keeps changing. They released the new asset store and then keep changing things; it's in a state of alpha so I wouldn't even suggest using the new store until the Unity staff in charge of the asset store get their act together and fix it. Hard to say what "hide" means. It's like other features in the new asset store which magically appear and then are removed later.

17. Deleted User

Deleted User

lol thanks you so much, i learn all new assets i bought and im sick so im pretty tired

DavidLieder likes this.
  18. DavidLieder

DavidLieder

You're welcome. I just deleted all my local assets the other day and downloaded just what I use the most.

Good luck with it all. :cool:

DMGdesign likes this.
  19. browne11

browne11

I ran into this today. SSD Drive was rammed full with downloads so far back it was nostalgic!. A totally understand how to manually delete it, but a little clear all button in Unity would make more sense. You can't expect many to figure out how to purge those files. Plus, it's quite confusing that this folder is not in your project folder. Compare it to your internet browser for a second and tell me that the clear browser history isn't similar! They have a button :)

20. DavidLieder

DavidLieder

I agree. Perhaps one day it will be better. But for now it is good to have an understanding of where to find the Unity asset cache on your hard drive.

For example, last night I noticed that some assets had changed the name of the folder, so there were two versions of many assets in the cache. This means there was an older version and then the updated version. So I deleted all the duplicates and downloaded the updated versions again.

It is also confusing because the names of the folder is the company name, and not the asset name, so looking down a list of 100+ cached assets will be a long list of company names, and finding a specific asset is very difficult. It is possible to use a utility like "File Seek" free version for this: https://www.fileseek.ca/Download/

papirosnik and browne11 like this.
  21. CRISTALSONIC

CRISTALSONIC

so I am just jumping into this chat but were do I find the folder that that are downloaded in on windows 10? I do not have app data on that file path

22. Vectorbox

Vectorbox

The 'AppData' folder is hidden by default.

• Navigate to C:\Users\ 'Your Account Name'
    • Open the 'View' menu
    • Select 'Hidden Items'
    • The 'AppData' folder will now be accessible
    It's a good idea to deselect the 'Hidden Items' option when you're done.

ColtonAmes likes this.
  23. cpmullen

cpmullen

Thank you for this thread. I had no idea where Unity packages where located but now I do. Thanks

DavidLieder likes this.
  24. CyanBluThePro16

CyanBluThePro16

But what will happen when you delete it?

25. cpmullen

cpmullen

It`ll go to the Recycle Bin, and then you empty it. You can packages back by going to the Package Manager and re-downloading it.

26. MSolanoOs

MSolanoOs

I'm not able to find ~/Library/Unity/Asset Store with the latest versions of Unity :/ Any new solutions for permanently deleting packages installed on Mac?

fakeshop likes this.
  27. Ob1Ju4n

Ob1Ju4n

In Windows 10 I found them in C:\Users\<your_username>\AppData\Roaming\Unity\Asset Store-5.x and from the documentation, in MacOS, it seems that you can find it under ~/Library/Unity/Asset Store-5.x. Hope it helps!

Arhetektor1 likes this.
  28. babaramanamarama

babaramanamarama

I am deleting packages manually, but not because I want to do it, but because unprofessional unity developers can not add damn single button to package manager!!! I do not mind handling things "manually" when it is absolutely necessary, but such things as removing downloaded content good engine should do itself. Thats the difference between professional engine and unity!

P.S. For example in Unreal you can delete all local cached content by single click!

Last edited: Apr 12, 2022
  29. Avatar-Vick

Thanks. This worked for me. I don't know why the folder containing the downloaded assets is so hidden.

30. therealcyberleon

therealcyberleon

regarding C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Unity\Asset Store-5.x
    Just an addition for anyone asking how to get to the folder "Appdata", cick the start button and type %appdata% then enter to search for it. It does not usually show up. Windows seems to not really want us users to be there. That is why we users have the "feeling" that it should be managable from the asset store, but instead the asset store just displays the contents of that folder.

31. IDK, my assets aren't in the AppData folder... newer Unity versions allow you to move your asset store and package cache to different paths.
    Capture.PNG

32. elmoteroloco

elmoteroloco

Well... I actually came here because of the original question that was never answered correctly... Does anyone know if it is possible to remove unused packages from the My Assets space of My Account on the Unity website? I know I can hide them, but that's not the case, I want them deleted! Xp (I'm totally green at this game development thing and I'm running multiple tests so I became "overcrowded with assets" and I didn't like that mess at all, so if there's a way I'll be very grateful!)

33. marked_one

marked_one

I stumbled upon this thread while searching the solution for the Asset Store Cache folder. For anyone having the same problem, here is a simplistic package that allows you to remove downloaded assets from your drive right from within Unity: https://github.com/marked-one/AssetRemover

Last edited: Mar 7, 2024
  34. bagusbaelah

bagusbaelah

Thanks bro