Search Unity

Remove Analytics folder from Save Folder

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by aNormalGuy, Jun 3, 2019.

1. aNormalGuy

aNormalGuy

Hey everyone,

So I'm looking through the folder where our saves are stored. I see an Analytics folder but I we shouldn't have that active. Is there a way to make sure that this folder isn't created?

AnalyticsFolder.PNG

Thank you!

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

You could disable Unity Analytics, but then, you would not have access to Unity Analytics data! We create that folder to cache local events in case we don't have a good Internet connection. I doubt your Saves are stored there. What are you saving?

3. aNormalGuy

aNormalGuy

I've now disabled Unity Analytics from the Package Manager but the folder is still created when I've started the game. The thing we want to avoid is having certain anti-virus warn about our game when they try to start it. Not sure if Unity Analytics has anything to do with it but we had a tester who had this issue.

AnalyticsFolder_2.PNG

Our saves are stored in this folder which is two folders back from the Analytics folder in the previous image. What we're saving is simply the users progress through the game and settings, nothing different from our previous game.

Our previous game was released using Unity 5 and we never seemed to have this issue with anti-virus softwares warning about the game. I don't want this to come accross as anything else than curiosness but could it have anything to do with Unity 2018?

4. aNormalGuy

aNormalGuy

Now that I think about it, could be that the previous game is launched from Steam and this new one is currently only sent as a .zip file to testers. Should do more tests on that part for the future.