Search Unity

remove a custom event

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by chouchangke525, Nov 3, 2015.

1. chouchangke525

chouchangke525

Is it possible to remove a custom event in the dashboard? If not, is there some workaround?

2. marc_tanenbaum

marc_tanenbaum

Unity Technologies

Unfortunately there's no way to do this at present.

3. miracledojo

miracledojo

Is now there an option to do this?
    Actually, I have a problem with 100 events per hour per user limit.
    If I disable some events in the dashboard, will that affect this limit or those events will still be processed in the back end?

Maybe to delete those events from the code?

Thanks in advance.

4. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

Yes, you can now disable events in the Event Manager. This will stop the event from getting processed (so it won't show up in Data Explorer), but it will still be available in Raw Data Export.

The 100 event per hour per device limit is on the client-side. It does not affect the dashboard and any changes made on the dashboard will not affect that limit.

Your best bet is to restructure your events so they fall under those limits. If you would like to discuss how to best structure them, please open a support ticket:

https://analytics.cloud.unity3d.com/support/

5. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi ap-unity,

In the CustomEvents, Events Manager page on Unity Analytics, it is not showing any events. Do I need to be the project owner to disable customEvents?

6. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

There is a delay between when you send an event and when it appears in the dashboard. This will typically be 8-16 hours after you first visit the dashboard.

If you are still not seeing your custom events in the Event Manager, please open a support ticket:
    https://analytics.cloud.unity3d.com/support/

7. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi ap-unity,

I can see my custom events but I have some old events that I wish to remove but that aren't appearing in the eventManager.

8. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

Would you be able to provide the following information:
    • Have you used Data Reset at any point?
    • Where do you see the events that are not in the Event Manager?
    • Where do you want them removed from?
    There is a limit to how many event values we may process, but that should affect all pages equally, so the events shouldn't be displayed in one place, but not another.

9. Deleted User

Deleted User

No problem.

Data Reset on Analytics - Not that i know if.
    If I go into the data explorer I can see all CustomEvents.
    I want them removed form the CustomEvents list as they are old and are no longer being used.

Also since i'm here what is the limit of number of custom events?

10. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

11. Deleted User

Deleted User

Sorry i'll start over but the limit of number of custom events I was referring to the processing but i've read the forum article now.
    I have a custom event that I am no longer using. How do I remove it from the data explorer as an option?

12. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

@Jordan_Blinx You can toggle the visibility of events on the Event Manager tab. You can remove all events by doing a Data Reset, but use carefully.

13. Deleted User

Deleted User

I don't see an option to toggle visibility of events.

https://puu.sh/AZtMg/8f4f51bbb8.png

14. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

@Jordan_Blinx You have no custom events to clear, according to the Dashboard screenshot that you provided. They would be listed in the Custom Events list in the lower section. Did you perform a Data Reset?

15. Deleted User

Deleted User

I don't think any data reset has been performed. If I can see the custom events in the data explorer why wouldn't they show in the Custom Events list in the lower section?

16. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

@Jordan_Blinx Can you provide a screenshot of your Data Explorer showing your custom events? You are correct, custom events that show in Data Explorer should also show in Event Manager.