Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Remote Workflow

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by Sherwinnie, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Sherwinnie

Sherwinnie

I just want to check on the exact workflow that is required for updating remote content. When I generate the artifacts, I notice every group is built into AssetBundles individually. For me, I am working with very large files (drawings, animations...etc), and when I build the artifacts, they are generated into Assetbundles around 20mb to 50mbs. Then, I deploy them onto my CDN, everything seems to work fine. However, this problem comes when I want to modify the existing groups. When I modify them, even just a very small portion of them, the whole Assetbundle is changed, and in-game, I need to re-download the whole Assetbundle again, which is quite large. Is there anyway to go around this? Generating each Group into smaller Assetbundles maybe?

Thank you for helping!

2. SneakyFoxDev

SneakyFoxDev

First of all, did you set up bundle mode in group settings in correct way? Pack together means that all files in group will be downloaded again, pack separatly - redownload only one addressable object.
    Otherwise, it can be a bug I think

Sherwinnie likes this.
  3. Sherwinnie

Sherwinnie

God, I didn't know there is such a mode. Will definitely try out now! Thank you!