Search Unity

Remote Unity developer looking for full time work - low salary expectations (see post)

Discussion in 'Commercial: Job Seeking' started by michaellandonhatfield, May 17, 2022.

1. michaellandonhatfield

michaellandonhatfield

I am an experienced software developer and high school math/science teacher with a demonstrated history of working in the software and education industry for over 20 years. I have a passion for using Unity 3D along with C# and Visual Scripting to develop games and applications. Skilled in Microsoft Word, Statistical Data Analysis, PHP, ASP, and Statistical Modeling. I have extensive software development experience working with Unity, C#, Construct 3, PHP, ASP, Java, Java Script, and Python.

I started my career in software in the mid 1990's and then went back to college in 2009 to become a public school math and science teacher. For a little over 3 years now I have also used Unity/C# to create and publish a few games in the Google Play store and online at simmer.io as well as teach students game development. I am currently looking to leave the classroom for a full time position in the game development industry.

The only question I have trouble answering in interviews is 'What is your expected salary?'

Honestly? As a public education teacher in NC I make less than $50,000 annually. Anything over that to me is a bonus - especially starting out. I have proven myself over the years and have always been able to work my way up in standing with the company and in earnings, so starting lower than industry norm is not a deal breaker for me.

I'm looking for a position that will allow me to sharpen my skills, grow with the company, work on a great team and be expected to produce on my own. The perfect job would incorporate game development and education.

Personal Portfolio - www.mrmikeonabike.com/portfolio
    LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/michael-hatfield-2b1a4b45/
    Resume is attached and can also be found on my personal website.

Contact information: michaellandonhatfield@gmail.com

Attached Files: