Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Remote Settings refresh not working

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by Razorlance, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Razorlance

Razorlance

I've been trying to add Remote Settings to my game, I've added my secret project code into the editor and the remote settings window now has two buttons for Dashboard and Refresh and some text directing me to add some key-values or refresh to pick-up ones I've already created. I've also set up one key-value of type float on the dashboard under the Development configuration and synced it.

However when I hit refresh nothing happens, apart from the button registering the click (by going darker in colour very briefly). I've tried removing and adding the key-value to sync it again but it doesn't help.

When I add a remote settings script to a game object, then link a float parameter there are no fields to choose from, I'm guessing because the key-value isn't recognised in the Remote Settings window.

Finally I've also tried restarting Unity but that doesn't help either.

What I'm I missing? why do the key-values not show up on the Remote Settings window?
    Thanks

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Are you using the Development or Release settings? Please set a value for both to test.

jigarkansara likes this.
  3. Razorlance

Razorlance

I'm using just Development settings but I added a key-value to the Release settings then refreshed in Unity and both key-values are there now, thanks for the help.

4. jigarkansara

jigarkansara

Thanks.

After adding to both dev and release it worked.