Search Unity

Remote download path always set to RemoteBuildPath

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by novaVision, Mar 21, 2021.

1. novaVision

novaVision

Some very weird things just happened in my project. I worked on Unity Cloud Content Delivery system integration and I had to set the RemoteLoadPath from my script - it had to be generated according to current platform and set the proper bucket id. After playing with this Addressables remote loading stopped working at all - it always refer to RemoteBuildPath (ServerData/[BuildTarget]) instead of RemoveLoadPath.

I tried to cleanup all cache, rebuild - nothing helped. I tried to restore to direct asset load URL which worked fine before but it also still refer to RemoteBuildPath.

I even tried to remove => install the Addressables package, and still nothing.

What kind of magic is it?
    sample.png

Code (CSharp):
    2. Exception encountered in operation Resource<IAssetBundleResource>(lesson_1.bundle), status=Failed, result= : Invalid path in AssetBundleProvider: 'ServerData/Android/remote_scenes_lessons/lesson_1.bundle'.
    4. UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.AsyncOperations.AsyncOperationBase`1/<>c__DisplayClass55_0<UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.ResourceLocators.IResourceLocator>:<add_CompletedTypeless>b__0 (UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.AsyncOperations.AsyncOperationHandle`1<UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.ResourceLocators.IResourceLocator>)
    5. DelegateList`1<UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.AsyncOperations.AsyncOperationHandle`1<UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.ResourceLocators.IResourceLocator>>:Invoke (UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.AsyncOperations.AsyncOperationHandle`1<UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.ResourceLocators.IResourceLocator>) (at /Users/Romaha/Documents/Projects/2021/CatoScience/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.16.16/Runtime/ResourceManager/Util/DelegateList.cs:69)
    6. UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.Initialization.InitializationOperation/<>c__DisplayClass16_0:<LoadContentCatalogInternal>b__0 (UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.AsyncOperations.AsyncOperationHandle`1<UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.ResourceLocators.IResourceLocator>)
    7. DelegateList`1<UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.AsyncOperations.AsyncOperationHandle`1<UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.ResourceLocators.IResourceLocator>>:Invoke (UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.AsyncOperations.AsyncOperationHandle`1<UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.ResourceLocators.IResourceLocator>) (at /Users/Romaha/Documents/Projects/2021/CatoScience/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.16.16/Runtime/ResourceManager/Util/DelegateList.cs:69)
    8. UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.ChainOperation`2<UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.ResourceLocators.IResourceLocator, UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.ResourceLocators.ContentCatalogData>:OnWrappedCompleted (UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.AsyncOperations.AsyncOperationHandle`1<UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.ResourceLocators.IResourceLocator>)
    9. DelegateList`1<UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.AsyncOperations.AsyncOperationHandle`1<UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.ResourceLocators.IResourceLocator>>:Invoke (UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.AsyncOperations.AsyncOperationHandle`1<UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.ResourceLocators.IResourceLocator>) (at /Users/Romaha/Documents/Projects/2021/CatoScience/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.16.16/Runtime/ResourceManager/Util/DelegateList.cs:69)
    10. UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.ResourceManager:Update (single)
    11. MonoBehaviourCallbackHooks:Update () (at /Users/Romaha/Documents/Projects/2021/CatoScience/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.16.16/Runtime/ResourceManager/Util/MonoBehaviourCallbackHooks.cs:26)

I am on Unity 2020.2.7, Mac, Target Platform - Android

Kamand0l likes this.
  2. novaVision

novaVision

After tons of testing I found that this happens only with "Bundle Naming" set to "Filename". Settings it to "Append Hash to Filename" fixed the issue. Is it a bug or expected behaviour? If expected, can someone explain me please, why?

3. Kamand0l

Kamand0l

Please, I would like to know this too as using "Filename" for "Bundle Naming" is critical to aid in getting deterministic asset bundles.

4. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

I'll raise this with the team for their input!

5. davidla_unity

davidla_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey all, what versions of the package are you using? There was an issue with Filename bundle naming that we fixed semi-recently. The latest version of the package is 1.17.15 so give updating a try and see if you're hitting the issue we already fixed. You may need to clean your build cache before rebuilding.

If you're still seeing the problem please file a bug with a project that reproduces the issue.

6. novaVision

novaVision

David, if you would check my log I provided initially you would see this:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. com.unity.addressables@1.16.16
    I believe that's the answer for your question.

Will check new 1.17.15

unityunity