Search Unity

Question Remote Config with separate back-end validation of campaigns

Discussion in 'Unity Remote Config' started by marios-trophygames, Jan 24, 2022.

1. marios-trophygames

marios-trophygames

Hello,

I did a test on remote config and was curious to know if it would work with a pipeline that validates campaigns on a separate back-end first, before sending the updated content to the client.

My use case is using Remote Config for in-game offers/discounts. I was thinking of a test case where a user matches with a campaign that gives them a certain discount (based on specific user data) and then receive the data that shows a discount in their app. In the case of my game, there's also back-end validation for that offer in the current implementation (deltaDNA), which means that it's the back-end's responsibility to check if a user matches a campaign, then run validation logic and present the user with data. This way players can't cheat and access discounts, as our back-end stands in between the client and the remote config.

After reading through the remote config docs, it seemed like the remote config REST api (https://remote-config-api-docs.uca.cloud.unity3d.com/) would be able to be used this way, but this doesn't seem to be the case (from what I understood).

Is it possible to use Remote Config this way? Or is it made for less risky data configuration in the app?

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

You could use Remote Config from your own server, then communicate from your client to your server.

3. marios-trophygames

marios-trophygames

Through the remote config REST api? I find it a little hard to understand how I would pass unity related info without the client->RemoteConfig step. Since in this case, it would be client->back-end->RemoteConfig->back-end->client

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Perhaps I didn't understand your issue. What feature would you require of Remote Config that isn't available currently?