Search Unity

Resolved Remote config vs cloud save usecase

Discussion in 'Unity Remote Config' started by Catoag83, Apr 3, 2023.

1. Catoag83

Catoag83

Hi. Am making an RPG game with items that carry stats and other vital information that i don't want the players to tinker with. I want to have the stats stored on the cloud and am trying to figure out what service to use. Initially, i was thinking remote config was the way to go but found out later that the data was cached locally in a human-readable JSON file making it useless for anything other than player prefs. The second option was cloud save but this is only player-specific data and is also more suited for player prefs.

Is there a cloud service am not aware of, or what are the rest of you guys using?

Is there a data verification with the server that verifies that the data is not tampered with?

2. Julian-Unity3D

Julian-Unity3D

Unity Technologies

Cloud code would be your answer: Cloud Code (unity.com)

Sometimes, you need to isolate your game logic away from the client device, such as when:

• You need to instantly update the game logic without requiring the player to update their installed version.
    • You want to prevent malicious users from altering the client code, changing their state, and cheating. You might also want to prevent users from reverse-engineering your game logic.
    • You want to use multiple online services without making the game feel sluggish or difficult to write on the game client as you integrate with more server-side components.

3. Catoag83

Catoag83

Thanks Julian. the more i read am starting to think that remote config and cloudsave was not created for what i was trying to use if for. Think il just revert to storing data in scriptable objects as read only containers.

Julian-Unity3D likes this.