Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Remote config retrieved multipule times (+1 every play)

Discussion in 'Unity Remote Config' started by nobluff67, May 6, 2023.

1. nobluff67

nobluff67

Hi,

I run the remote config in the editor, and each time it runs it fetches and extra time. So in other words if I press play the first time it runs once, and on the 10th play it fetches 10 times. The only way it reset to once is when I make any code change and unity compiles. Code is 100% based on the sample code, no changes.

This doesn't happen in a new project.
    It does happen when I create a new scene in current project.
    I have deleted library and that did not help.
    I have created a different remote environment, that doesn't help.

Has anyone come across this? Are there any suggestions on what I can try?

2. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

You probably have a static event handler and forget to unregister the event and/or you have domain reload disabled. Is that a possibility? Because that will give you this exact behaviour including resetting only on recompile.

Also if you use a lambda you cannot unregister that.

Like this:
    Code (csharp):
    1. some.event += () => {}
    2. some.event -= () => {}
    This leaves the original event lambda registered because these two lambdas are seperate instances (imagine a “new” keyword in front of them).

nobluff67 likes this.
  3. nobluff67

nobluff67

Thanks was exactly what it was (unregister the event), thanks for helping with my sanity.