Search Unity

Question Remote Config in a Unity Asset?

Discussion in 'Unity Remote Config' started by MurphyMurph_21, Oct 17, 2022.

1. MurphyMurph_21

MurphyMurph_21

Can I use Remote Config in a published asset on the Unity Asset Store?. I don't want to hardcode my Vivox credentials into the demo scene of an asset I am making. I know I can have users of my asset use their own credentials but for simplicity I wanted to provide mine so they can get started quickly with the demo scene, and then they can use their own credentials once they understand how my asset and Vivox work

2. RandolfKlemola

RandolfKlemola

Unity Technologies

Hey MurphyMurph_21, thanks for reaching out to the support team! While the use case you've described would work, credentials should generally not be distributed to the game client unless it is a public key. It might be worth considering cloud code in that case.

There is a section in the Cloud Code documentation that outlines the integration between Vivox (and other services) & Cloud Code: Cloud Code: Integration with Unity Services: Using the Vivox SDK

Best,
    Randy

MurphyMurph_21 likes this.
  3. MurphyMurph_21

MurphyMurph_21

Hey Randy, thanks for the suggestion and Link to the resources, I will check it out. Thanks for a better solution for my use case! God bless!