Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct here to familiarize yourself with the rules and how to post constructively.

2. Unity 2022.1 is now available as the latest Tech release.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improve your project's performance with our new guide on profiling in Unity.
    Dismiss Notice

Reload Script Assemblies upon every Play/Stop in empty project

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by paulrumyancev, Jan 6, 2022.

1. paulrumyancev

paulrumyancev

I want to raise the issue of "Reload Script Assemblies" popup again. It turns to really critical one.
    In my case, almost clean (1 script) project popups up "Reload Script Assemblies" popup every time I enter Play mode. (attaching GIF)

Though there is a related thread devoted to discussion of increased compilation times "when changing one C# script"
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/improving-iteration-time-on-c-script-changes.1184446/
    The issue seems to be more critical

Attached Files:

2. Trindenberg

Trindenberg

If you go into Project Settings > Editor > Enter Play Mode Settings you can turn off Domain Reload. Play becomes instant.

spamove and jmcusack like this.
  3. paulrumyancev

paulrumyancev

It's turned off

Attached Files:

4. Baste

Baste

No, you have to turn on "enter play mode options" to have the option to turn it off fire. So turn on the first toggle.

That's... I hadn't thought about it before, but yeah the menu design there is pretty awful.

Novack, spamove and jmcusack like this.
  5. paulrumyancev

paulrumyancev

Oh yeah! It helped! Thanks! And yes, the design is terrible! How can one guess it?

unityunity