Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Relief Terrain Pack (RTP) v3 on AssetStore

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by tomaszek, Oct 22, 2013.

1. kaamos

kaamos

Oops, didn't realize there was an update available. None the less, just updated to 3.2f without any improvement to the situation...

2. _Luthien_

_Luthien_

Hi, this is probably a very straightforward issue that I'm having but I haven't found an answer despite frantic searching (in the manual, the forum, elsewhere ...).

It's this: I have a terrain on which I have enabled RTP (also using Terrain Composer). i'm using 8 textures
    At first, I had "Add Pass" selected and everything seemed to work fine.
    I experimented a little, and at one point I decided to try how things would work with "Add Pass" disabled. So I deselected it and recompiled the RTP shaders

And from that moment, everything in the terrain that's further away than a given distance from the camera is completely white. Eventually I decided to post a question here and saw that there was an update. So, I updated RTP.
    This reset a couple of options, and now it turned out that layers 5 - 8 rendered black. It turned out that "Add Pass" had also been selected again after the update, so I deselected it again and recompiled the shaders ... and then I had my original problem back again.
    Unfortunately, enabling "Add Pass" now has no effect anymore. And it's giving me a bit of a headache by now ... so here goes: does anyone know what causes this white terrain in the distance? Is there a "Skip rendering everything beyond 100 meters away" option that I have overlooked?

I'm sorry if it is indeed a very basic thing, but Unity + TerrainComposer + RTP + Horizon[ON] is quite a learning curve ;)
    PS I know the terrain looks weirdly glossy, even apart from the white distance ... I'm afraid I've toggled quite a few switches in the process of trying to solve this one.

3. tomaszek

tomaszek

I can't see your screenshots. You would need to give me your exact setup. Platform, RTP setup (if it's not default
    one). Have you tried on the fresh project with my example scene ? I tested it on U5.1 and it worked for me.

One of users told me that something got stucked in Unity's terrain settings - Material - custom was set to Unity's default (not custom). It's supposed to be custom material that uses ReliefTerrain-FirstPass.shader. RTP should assign one, but maybe there is something wrong at this place.

Tom

ksam2 likes this.
  4. tomaszek

tomaszek

With 8 textures you need to either use add pass or select 8-layers mode in first pass settings in LOD manager. Refer to my working modes video on yt:

The video was made on U4 while on U5 we've got always materials enabled.

Different look at far distance (far distance is to be set in RTP/Perlin normal section). You can enable in RTP that color there can be taken from global colormap. If you don't have assigned any (RTP/Global maps/global colormap) your terrain might look like this.

Glossy terrain - either your textures doesn't have alpha, or you increased glossiness of layers. For far distance it's separate slider in Layer PBL properties section.

I don't want to make you frantic, but not going thru my manual and videos will cost you a lot steeper learning curve, trust me :).

Tom

5. Autarkis

Autarkis

Yep, i mean the number of geom blend objects that im selecting to run the whole blending operation on, probably due to the number of tris in all those objects. No error in console!

6. xevious83

xevious83

Hi tomaszek, congratulations for such an amazing plugin!

I bought it four days ago and I've been testing it with great results, worked like a charm, until i've upgraded to unity 5.1... now parallax mapping doesn't work anymore on my project, and uv blending not working too, far textures appear as a flat color. It's weird, because previous scenes in the same project seems to be fine. Think I've upgraded to unity 5.1 so soon... :(

7. _Luthien_

_Luthien_

I have 8 layers mode in the first pass selected already :)

That might be worth looking into, thank you!

The glossy terrain isn't a problem: it's just a result from me trying all sorts of things to solve this issue. I mentioned it because it looks weird on the screenshot, and to possibly avoid answers like "Ah, but what do you expect if you make your terrain look like it's being varnished with a high-gloss finish, eh!" :)

I daresay that's a true statement!
    But then again: I can most definitely assure you that the option of merely stubbornly and frantically avoiding to search the manual or any other appurtenant sources of applicable information, by way of a viable option to resolve this regrettable dearth of environmental colourisation, never stood as much as a ghost of a chance to even start crossing my mind, so to speak.

8. tomaszek

tomaszek

The most probably material used on the terrain has been overriden. Open Unity's terrain settings. Material dropdown should be at "custom". When I make new terrain in U5.1 and assign RTP it somehow doesn't put material state to custom with RTP's material. Need to look closer.

So - select Material "custom" in drop down list in Unity's terrain settings. Then go to RTP/Settings/Main and use Refresh All. It should be back working.

The option that might suggest white rendering (taken from empty or just white global colormap) at far distance is placed in LOD manager/ First pass settings/Global maps features/No detail colors at far distance checkbox. If that's the case - uncheck it and recompile shaders.

Is it one terrain object shown on your screenshot ? If you still have problems with it give me exact LOD manager setup used and terrain setup, lighting path, Unity version, RTP version, working platform. I can try to reproduce the issue then. Or just drop me a line on the forum private message and we can establish Skype screenshare to solve it.

Tom

_Luthien_ likes this.
  9. kaamos

kaamos

You're exactly right about the materials... thanks so much. Works like a charm now!

10. tomaszek

tomaszek

The thing that makes RTP misworking in U5.1.

ReliefTerrain.cs - lines 210-211 and 232-234

Code (csharp):
    2. #if UNITY_5_0
    3. terrainComp.materialType=Terrain.MaterialType.Custom;
    4. #endif
    These conditionally compiled parts are simply skipped in U5.1 (and up). But as I drop U4 handling for good now it's fine to remove #if and #endif lines completely. Material type set in script here need to be always of Custom type.

Will include this fix in next RTP3.2g update (which will be U >= 5.1 compatible only).

Tom

kaamos likes this.
  11. xevious83

xevious83

Working like a charm now! thank you very much :D

12. _Luthien_

_Luthien_

Hello Tom,
    thanks for your help!

Unfortunately, that's not it either. That was one of the first things I tried because the name suggests a connection. But it didn't make any difference.

No, that screenshot had a row of four terrain tiles in it.

Today I tried a couple of other things. Because I could not find anything in the RTP settings that influenced this problem, I considered all other options. Eventually I disabled RTP altogether to see if the problem still persisted.

It did: nothing much changed at all, which was very puzzling. I had disabled RTP via the Terrain Composer splat map settings, and also removed the script from every terrain tile and also the LOD manager from the Hierarchy.
    Still, the white terrain.

Then I had a look at the individual terrain tile settings. In the Inspector there's a material attached to the terrain tile:

- which I could not find among the assets anywhere. I could view its properties in the inspector though.
    Interestingly, it does say Reliefpack / ReliefTerrain-FirstPass in the dropdown list after Shader:

And when I reset the tile material to Default (the left tile in the screenshot above) the white terrain is finally gone.
    So, it seems I somehow assigned a material or shader to the tiles within RTP and messed up its settings.
    By the look of it, it's a FirstPass shader that has no textures assigned to it, and only has white as its Main Color. Which does explain the white color, but not why it only started at a certain distance away. from the viewpoint.
    Maybe some other shader takes precedence closer up?

Anyhow.... :oops:.

Thank you, it's appreciated!
    But I'll first try to set things up again from scratch, this time avoiding assigning white-only shaders :confused:

13. _Luthien_

_Luthien_

I removed RTP from all tiles as I described above, and then I enabled it again via Terrain Composer.
    Unfortunately, all previous settings returned, together with the problem.

Is there any way to completely reset RTP so I can start again with a clean slate?

14. tomaszek

tomaszek

Remove RTP. Install back. Install back RTP and try to setup it "by hand" (not via TC). It will mean assigning globalmaps manually for every tile though.

Tom

_Luthien_ likes this.
  15. _Luthien_

_Luthien_

Ah, thank you. Manually re-assigning the global maps isn't a problem I think.

16. tomaszek

tomaszek

Try with less terrain tiles first to check if you're able to get it working. Anyway - TC is helpful for larger scenes with multiple tiles, but without it you can also live. Assign manually 8 layer textures (2x8 drag&drop ops, albedo maps are already taken by RTP on component initialization from Unity terrain) + 2 maps per terrain object (colormap/normalmap). Rest is done in RTP.

For testing you could start with one terrain tile, then add next one and check if you can setup this. Introduce TC integration then. We could see at which stage things go wrong.

Tom

_Luthien_ likes this.
  17. ksam2

ksam2

Can you make reflections looks better in deferred mode? for some reason I have to work with deferred but reflections looks artifact.

18. tomaszek

tomaszek

Screenshot please

Tom

19. _Luthien_

_Luthien_

This is what I did; removed RTP as you explained. Disabled it on Terrain Composer. Tweaked some splat map generation settings in Terrain composer (but all with RTP disabled). Generated splat maps.
    Then, I imported the RTP package again.
    Assigned the RPT script to every terrain tile.
    Manually added the color maps to the terrain tiles.
    Now I set the LOD manager so that it used 4 + 4 passes.
    Initially, all seemed fine. It looked better than before even.

I just had a bit of a problem with the directional light, the shadows seemed somehow off, as if it did not match the rotation of the light object itself. A bit odd but no big deal so far.

Then I wanted to add one feature to the RTP shaders that I had forgotten to switch on - superdetail. So I checked it, and recompiled the whole thing.

And then the white distance problem was back. And I cannot get rid of it - again. I reverted all the changes that I made, but I can't get rid of it.
    Sheesh, this really is giving me a headache by now. It makes no sense at all.

I'll check out your latest suggestions, but I'll first let it rest for a day or two. Thanks for your help.

20. mjenny82

mjenny82

Hi everyone,

I joust bought RTP a few days ago, and it's really awesome :)
    I have a question and I hope somebody can help me:

I would like to use geometry blend ingame. So in my game while running it, I want to create a custom mesh by script (no prefab), which I then want to blend over the terrain. Is this possible? What is the most easy way to achieve this?

Thanks in advance for helping me,
    Marco

21. tomaszek

tomaszek

Look how my geom blend objects are constructed. You need underlying mesh which is mapped exactly like the terrain under it (with the same normals, uvs). Overlying mesh is just kind of transparent one with the parts that are blended near the terrain. So - you can make your own geom blend object on the fly as far as you make suitable models and put materials on them (underlying needs geom blend shader with properly setup params). So you'll also need to look at how material of underlying mesh is feeded with params by my Geom blend script.

Tom

P.S. Good luck because it is possible but not trivial quest ;).

22. mjenny82

mjenny82

Hi Tom,

thank you very much for your help. I'll see what I can do :)

Greetings,
    Marco

23. _Luthien_

_Luthien_

Well bend my brow!
    I enabled the "Global normal map" option just for the heck of it, recompiled, and the problem disappeared ????
    I'm glad that I found at least some setting that makes it go away, but the why utterly eludes me for the moment.
    I'll first enjoy this victory over this Blizzard visitation before trying to figure that out :)

24. tomaszek

tomaszek

Your why eludes me as well. Good to see something works at least, but global normalmap should have nothing common with the issue. Tell me if w/o global normalmap it turns back crazy ? You can check which options are actually compiled at the beginning of RTP_Base.cginc. LOD manager manages #define keywords there and they are commented so you can get the idea.

Anyway - using global normalmap/colormap is good idea you can have a lot more control over the terrain look at far distance.

Tom

25. MS80

MS80

Hi Tom,

my terrain turns totally black if I use "global normalmap" (using RTP 3.2.f and Unity 5.1.0f3). I remember this feature was working without any problems some time ago, don't know whats going wrong. I have attached RTP_LOD_Manager Settings, maybe I am doing something wrong?! It is just a single terrain, no multi terrain!

Attached Files:

26. thomokon2014

thomokon2014

Thanks for all support Tom.
    I use RTP 3.2 along with Unistorm.In gameplay after some seconds and with forward rendering enabled, terrain turns like attached screenshot. It seems like reduction colors.When I disables forward rendering, terrain it is correct. Sometimes it turns automatic to correct.
    Any help ?
    upload_2015-6-17_14-10-50.png

27. tomaszek

tomaszek

I've just recompiled RTP3.2g (available on AssetStore - fixed for U5.1) with your LOD manager setup and it works as expected. You're refering to global normalmap problem, but you actually don't have it enabled in LOD manager. I recompiled it also to use global normalmap and it also work on my single example terrain .

When I was porting RTP project to U5.1 I've noticed black terrain, but when I clicked play it was fixed. Now I can't even reproduce this issue in my package project.

Is there any reason you're not using specularity (checked option in LOD manager) ?

EDIT: your setup with globalnormalmap enabled indeed causes some troubles (I've got black streaks of "something" on the terrain. Turn on specularity back if you'd like to use global normalmap then. That's a quick advice. I'll look into the issue later.

Keep eye on main directional light intensity. It's known issue when light intensity goes below 0.01 (or is disabled). It's caused by complementary lighting. You could turn it off in LOD manager if you can't prevent Unistorm from putting light intensity too low.

Tom

Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
  28. MS80

MS80

Thanks Tom, your quick advice helped, turning on specularity and global normal works! :)
    I will download version 3.2g for 5.1 and try again.

My reasons for deactivating specularity:
    - I have not included spec map in detail maps alphachannels right now
    - need max performance as it is a VR project
    - get rid of bright highlights at some angles

29. Marked

Marked

Hey Tom ,

Is it possible to change the water shader on meshes to always render above the terrain ?
    For example the "watershader flowmap U5 PBL " , so it won't show artifacts from far distance because of pixel error from terrain .

I know that easyroads has that kind of shader on there roads and even from far distances the road will always be
    " above " terrain.

Cheers

30. tomaszek

tomaszek

My water in RTP is never rendered as separate object. Maybe you refer to geom blend objetcs. Covering large areas os wavy terrain with geom blend object with water shader can cause it won't be sticked to the terrain anymore when Unity render terrain patch at far distance using higher pixel error. Otherwise - the problem with easyroads is not the same as in RTP. RTP with its water on the terrain surface makes it always rendered with just a terrain geometry, not separate (like the roads are separate objects in easyroads) - you probably refer to zfight problems.

Tom

31. Marked

Marked

Ah yes sorry , that's what I meant . The water on terrain is just perfect and can be seen with no problem from far distances and can be used in many different ways.

But the " problem " is when using geometry blend shader on custom geometry like a river flow or on a curved road.
    The reason why I bring up easyroad shader is because it just does the trick with always rendering the mesh above the terrain even with height pixel error.

And I was just wondering if it was possible to do it with geometry blend shader as well somehow.

32. tomaszek

tomaszek

Currently I haven't any 100% robust solution for this (I even expect such solution might not exist). What I could advise - after you paint sticked geometry on the terrain area use stick it downward with higher offset, or even try to push down the terrain under the geom blend "stream" patch so it has less chance to pop up due to pixel error.

Tom

Marked likes this.
  33. snacktime

snacktime

Having an issue with objects under the terrain. In some cases they get lightened considerably. standard transparent shaders get lightened, as do materials with the same texture as is used on the terrain. For the materials that use terrain textures, if I switch to the vertex paint shader it then looks normal.

In the attached pic you can see how light everything is. That one darker cube on the right is using the vertex paint texture, that's how all of them should look. The pale blue transparent cube is supposed to be dark blue.

I kind of need to use the terrain textures on the blocks, as I have a system for the top layer that modifies the terrain texture when you dig in, and also uses high poly cubes on top and rounds edges to make the hole look real.. Put a lot of work to make it blend seamlessly, and I'd really like to make it work equally well with RTP. I guess I could swap in the vertex shader for RTP if that's the best approach. I'm already doing a lot of runtime material/shader swapping, mesh combining, so it's not a huge deal. Basically just want to know the 'right' approach here.

Attached Files:

34. tomaszek

tomaszek

I don't really get which shaders you're refering to. If you ask me how Unity Standard shader (transparent blue cube) works, you need to dig somewhere else, but if you're refering to any of RTP shaders included then:

1. In forward RTP terrain uses it's own PBR lighting
    2. In deferred it uses Unity's lighting

I assume that your scene is placed under the terrain. It probably get influenced by realtime shadows, but still it takes global illumination. It's especially visible on the floor of your scene - gentle bluish fresnel effect. So I assume that your main scene skybox is blue (default one procedurakl sky for example). To get rid of this GI glitch you need localized reflection probes I guess. But this issue is not connected to RTP. What could you experience in RTP is that Unity terrain (and this is Unity terrain limitation as far as I know) takes only one reflection probe into account, no blending between probes along the different terrain parts.

Tom

35. ksam2

ksam2

Hi, why it looks like this from a little far distance?
    I need more details in far distance.

36. Paul456

Paul456

Hello, I am having trouble getting the RTP v3 to work at all. By this I mean that I have set up the scene with an LOD manager and that has in turn added the relief terrain script to the terrain. However, very few options work and my textures are tiled very small. The sliders that should adjust tiling to not seem to respond, nor does the perlin normal effect the scene at all. basically most features are not responding.

The demo scenes do work though with all features. So I am missing something very simple here or maybe this is not compatible with the latest unity? Currently I am running 5.1.1

Paul

37. _Luthien_

_Luthien_

I was about to write: "Sure, that's the only thing that I changed after all."
    But that was three days ago. Today, I disabled normalmaps just to make sure. And the problem is still gone. o_O

There are two things that I noticed; I'm mentioning them because they might give you a clue.
    The first one is an error message in the console:

Can't access alphamapTexture directly...

UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)

ReliefTerrain:GetControlMaps() (at Assets/ReliefPack/Scripts/ReliefTerrain/ReliefTerrain.cs:464)

ReliefTerrain:RefreshTextures(Material, Boolean) (at Assets/ReliefPack/Scripts/ReliefTerrain/ReliefTerrain.cs:273)

ReliefTerrain:Awake() (at Assets/ReliefPack/Scripts/ReliefTerrain/ReliefTerrain.cs:190)

It shows both with the normalmaps enabled and disabled.
    The other issue is that I noticed that there's a difference with how the directional light interacts with the terrain if I enable those normalmaps.
    Without the normalmaps enabled, the light behaves as you would expect, judging from the direction of the rays on the directional light symbol, e.g. that the intensity is greatest with the rays pointing vertically down. and that the shadows of the terrain geometry conform to the light direction: see here for a screencast.

But with the normalmaps enabled, the light behaves, well, at least not straightforward. The direction of the light suggested by the rays on the directional light source don't seem to coincide with what the intensity and direction of the light on the terrain looks like (at least not in any straightfoward manner): see here for a screencast. The terrain geometry shadows also seem absent, but there seems to be a kind of exaggerated Perlin texture when the light rays are vertical.

I noticed these lines in there:
    #ifdef RTP_STANDALONE
    #define LIGHTDIR_UNAVAILABLE
    #endif

I'm not sure what that means, but could it mean that there is something wrong with the direction of the light? I'm sorry - I haven't had the opportunity to dive right into the code itself.

In the RTP manual you write about Global Normalmaps (page 41):
    .. say that I'd do this (e.g. using Photoshop's tool) and just use that, would there then still be an advantage using global normalmaps in RTP? In other words: if a normal map can be generated automatically from the heightmap in Photoshop, this could in essence also happen automatically within Unity or RTP, and would not add new details - though maybe it could offer a performance gain. I'd say that it would only become really interesting if extra details would be added to that normalmap; details that cannot be automatically derived from just the height map. But I would not know how to produce such a normal map in isolation?

=> EDIT: I just read that "Global normal map allows to get detailed look of terrain with realtime lighting while actual terrain mesh might be simple (high pixelError value in Unity terrain settings)" suggesting that if I create a normal map from the entire terrain height map and use that as the Global Normalmap, I can lower the pixelError setting and thus gain performance without losing detail ..?

=> ANOTHER EDIT: ok, so I did all that. Created a normalmap from the terrain heightmap. Re-compiled RTP with global normal maps. Put the normalmap in the appropriate RTP tab.
    And funny enough: this solves the strange behaviour of the directional light: I suppose that this empty global normal map acted as if the whole terrain had a uniform normal vector applied to it, so that the light direction acted on that instead of on the local angle of the terrain surface?
    Next issue: enabling the shadows again; they seem absent. I suppose that's just a setting that I missed.

END EDIT <==

Thanks again!

Oh yes, on a side note: I have also noticed the "water" feature in RTP (looks really beautiful!) - but I understand that that is all about what you'd call wet terrain. Am I correct to assume that there is no specific feature in RTP to render larger water surfaces such as lakes or a sea? I'm asking because I want to create a coastal region and found that the water4 prefab cannot just be scaled up - and it is way too small for the purpose. Simply using a lot of water4 instances (tiles) neither seems to be the way to go, because it turns into a serious performance burden quite soon.
    It's also suggested to use Horizon[ON] for that, but though that water is great for use in the distance, it's not meant for up close - and I haven't figured out if it is possible to have some close-up water4 tiles gradually fade into distant Horizon[ON] water in any convincing way - especially not when seen from a height.

I understand that this question goes way beyond RTP, but I thought to write it down here, in case you or someone else someone might have a suggestion (and many thanks beforehand if that should be the case!).

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
  38. Paul456

Paul456

Ok, looks like I didnt set up a material for the terrain, such a simple oversite...

39. snacktime

snacktime

Your right, I went back and checked and my RTP scene had baked GI enabled. Unchecked that and it looks fine.

40. tomaszek

tomaszek

I don't really get which shaders you're refering to. If you ask me how Unity Standard shader (transparent blue cube) works, you need to dig somewhere else, but if you're refering to any of RTP shaders included then:

1. In forward RTP terrain uses it's own PBR lighting
    2. In deferred it uses Unity's lighting

I assume that your scene is placed under the terrain. It probably get influenced by realtime shadows, but still it takes global illumination. It's especially visible on the floor of your scene - gentle bluish fresnel effect. So I assume that your main scene skybox is blue (default one procedurakl sky for example). To get rid of this GI glitch you need localized reflection probes I guess. But this issue is not connected to RTP. What could you experience in RTP is that Unity terrain (and this is Unity terrain limitation as far as I know) takes only one reflection probe into account, no blending between probes along the different terrain parts.

Tom
    I'll refer to your alphamap exception thrown only here as rest of your issues you probably solved your self. The rror comes from not-the-latest-version of RTP (3.2g should be fine). If the error occurs - expect RTP might not work at all or not as expected at least. You can manually change the line of code which produces the exception by modifying .NonPublic to .Public attribute.

Tom

41. eskovas

eskovas

Hello there tomaszek

I don't know if this has been asked before (probably has).
    Is it at all possible to have a texture setup with a separated channel for the specular map ? like the Standard Shader does it ( even if it only uses the Alpha channel ) .

42. tomaszek

tomaszek

RTP can't manage full specular setup. It's closer to metallic, because we can't specify spec color from texture.

Tom

43. eteeski

eteeski

I'm getting a strange glitch. The textures seem to "jump" as I walk over the terrain. I made a short video to demonstrate what I mean better.

Shader Settings:

44. eskovas

eskovas

I think i explained it wrong, sorry about that.

What i was suggesting was to have the alpha channel from the detail texture as a separate texture, like the height map where it only uses the alpha channel.
    Don't know if that's feasible or wanted by other devs.

45. tomaszek

tomaszek

I feel your intention probably - you want to play with glossiness data quickly using separate textures. baking it into alpha channel of diff color might be tedious when adjusting PBR params I know. But in the end it should be packed as much as possible so we don't use separate resources in shader for things as we need them for other features.

Tom

eskovas likes this.
  46. jcuzens

jcuzens

Hi Tom,

RTP IS AMAZING... One question though: I saw that while you use the atlas for the splat textures (so 8 layer mode would use two texture samplers) the normal mapping uses the channels instead so in 8 layer mode you would have 4 texture samplers for the normal maps. Why not do atlases again for the normal maps and save yourself two more samplers?

Thanks!
    Jarrod

47. tomaszek

tomaszek

Simply answer was - to save performance :). Atlasing might be expensive esp. on GPUs with less cache - texture is accessed randomly and this causes tex thrashing. I'll, however redo things in RTP4 to be more tight on resources.

Tom

P.S. No schedule on when RTP4 is available - might be in 6 months, might be in a year, can't say

48. tomaszek

tomaszek

To be honest I've got no idea what could cause this as I've never experienced such glitch. I might be related to your camera setup maybe as it ujses untypical FOV I guess. Or - maybe it might be related to world/local mapping. It's to be set in shader defines section (LOCAL_SPACE define keyword if I remember well - or something ike this). You could try as your ground is static (doesn't move or rotate ?).

Tom

49. tomaszek

tomaszek

I'm proud to make little buzz here with my incoming package - UBER - Standard Shader Ultra:

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/uber-standard-shader-ultra.335493/

(a few selected shots - for more visit UBER thread above):

At least Argenzio will be able to get his car made with the water flowing on the top of advanced PBR shader (any element like glass) :). For those who don't know what I'm refering to:

ATB, Tom

ArchVizPRO likes this.
  50. IsDon

IsDon

I had trouble getting water4advanced to scale up, but it did end up working. IIRC you need to make it big (or apply to custom mesh) then go into the tile's script properties and adjust the scale of some wave properties. I thought I'd posted my findings on a thread here, but the forum search fails to find it.

There's also some rather nice water shaders in the forums made by people for oceans. I suspect you'd find one pretty easily that gives a nicer look than water4 anyway.

Don
    have a great day