Search Unity

Releasing for Multiole platforms

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OXYGEN, Jul 14, 2011.

1. OXYGEN

OXYGEN

My new Game currently in development will be released on multiple platforms iphone Pc apple mac etcetera...

the Apple Mac version and Pc versions will be ready before the iphone Ipad versions...

I was wondering if it would be better to release them roughly at the same time or just to release in steps...I was thinking you might lose some thunder by releasing them in steps....?

what does the community think?

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  2. SimonAlkemade

SimonAlkemade

there are different distribution methods involved here. iOS is clearly only one way of distributing through the app store here I would say do the iPhone, iPod touch version first and the iPad version later. let me explain the iPhone/iPod touch market is larger (more volume) but people don't spend that much (less value). To gain a market share it is mandatory that your reach is as large as possible. Then do the HD/iPad version. iPad is a smaller market (less volume) but people are willing to spend more on apps (more value).
    About distributing the PC and Mac versions you really need to consider how you are distributing your game: steam, download, facebook, website or one of the many other methods. This is strongly intertwined with the release sequence. But I would suggest that you create a free facebook version to get a large reach as large as possible audience. Then you can always add stuff later that involves micro payments. So the sequence would be first a freemium facebook version then a afforable iPhone version and then a slightly pricier iPad version if you want to have maximum volume times value.

just my 2 cents

3. OXYGEN

OXYGEN

cheers simon for your views...Im still not sure what route I will take but thanks for taking the time out to share your views