Search Unity

Releasing a Mac game on Steam

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ShilohGames, Dec 20, 2018.

1. ShilohGames

ShilohGames

I have a question regarding releasing a Mac game on Steam. I wrote a network multiplayer game. My game uses UDP sockets, and it works great when I test it on PC including playing it through Steam on PC. However, my game seems to be unable to send and receive packets on the Mac.

Is there some network security entitlements that I need to manually set up for the Mac build of my game? Or does that only apply to the Apple Store? I am releasing through Steam.

I have an old Mac Mini with the latest macOS Mojave installed for Mac testing my Mac builds. I am using Windows 10 and Unity 2018.2 to develop and build my project. I am a PC expert, but I am not especially competent on a Mac. I would really appreciate any Mac specific help you can give me with this. Thank you.

2. ShilohGames

ShilohGames

I am going to go ahead and answer my own question in case anybody else has this question in the future. Steam releases of macOS games do not require manual security entitlements. I found some Mac specific bugs in my own code and fixed that to get it to work. I was able to release through Steam for Mac without tweaking the security entitlements.

JoeStrout likes this.