Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] YAPP - Yet Another Prefab Painter

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Rowlan, Jun 4, 2022.

1. Rowlan

Rowlan

That's in fluent distribution mode. It's intended to give you a preview where you can scale and rotate and get a preview for quick manual placement. Switch to Center distribution mode and the prefabs will be placed depending on your prefab settings.

Vaupell likes this.
  2. Vaupell

Vaupell

Thanks, <3 Makes sense.. *cheers*

Rowlan likes this.
  3. AngelGalaxyOfficial

AngelGalaxyOfficial

This undo bug is awful, it's been weeks. Is there any temporary fix you can release or is it not possible? It's not your fault I know, but I undo constantly & I've crashed so many times..

4. Rowlan

Rowlan

I wanted to disable it for those minor versions, but I can't even check for the Unity minor versions, there are no #if-defs for that in Unity. I'd have to disable it in general. I had hoped that 12f1 with the fix would be out by now. 11f1 was released on 29th of September, today we have 24th of October. I didn't expect them to take this long. Problem is that the time they require to approve my update (~1 week) 12f1 may already be out and I'd have added redundant code. I'll look into it again anyway. Who knows if they even manage to fix it in the new version.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2022
  5. Rowlan

Rowlan

In case anyone wants to remove Undo because of that Unity crash bug in 9 to 11 LTS, you got the source code, so please open BrushModuleEditor.cs and remove / comment the line

Code (CSharp):
    1. Undo.RegisterCreatedObjectUndo(instance, "Instantiate Prefab");

AngelGalaxyOfficial likes this.
  6. AngelGalaxyOfficial

AngelGalaxyOfficial

This is perfect for now, thank you so much. You are some of the best money I've ever spent on the unity asset store and YAPP has made creating games and environments so much easier, you're the best Rowlan!

Rowlan likes this.
  7. Rowlan

Rowlan

ratking likes this.
  8. JanDegas

JanDegas

Hi,How can i do use the tree wind?

9. Rowlan

Rowlan

Wind for trees depends on the vegetation assets you are using, it has nothing to do with YAPP. Maybe take a look at one of the vegetation assets, by the way among the best on the Unity Asset Store are the ones from NatureManufacture which are currently in the Humble Bundle. Highly recommended:

upload_2022-11-4_11-1-40.png

https://www.humblebundle.com/software/naturemanufacture-asset-bundle-software

Also check out wind zones:

https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/class-WindZone.html

JanDegas likes this.
  10. Bwacky

Bwacky

Hi!
    Is it possible to paint/spawn objects inside of a spline area based on some rules? Trying to find something reminiscent of the biome system Vegetation Studio had in the old days when it was still working and was hoping YAPP has something similar :D

11. Rowlan

Rowlan

YAPP supports detail painting and spawning along a spline and with offsets, but no spline areas. For spline areas I recommend to use MicroVerse. When you look at it in regards to terrain there are too many options that should be covered like edge falloff, inner/outer density, height, noise, distance rules etc, nothing that wouldn't be doable, but most of all terrain flattening. You'd want that for an area. MicroVerse has that all and is really fast at what it does. That's why I rather work on an integration with YAPP for it than invent the wheel myself ;)

Bwacky likes this.
  12. funselektor

funselektor

Hey Rowlan, about to grab this asset, but wanted to check if the Prefab Painter works with Unity Splines, instead of what looks like the Yapp Spline?

Been using your Genesis Tool and Microverse Stamps btw, great assets.

13. Rowlan

Rowlan

Not yet, it uses its own Splines. I have plans for a migration to the Unity Splines, but can't make any promises yet since they aren't quite there where I need them.

Thank you :) btw there's an upgrade from Ultimate StampIT! Collection to YAPP for $30. Make sure it's active instead of the full price.

14. funselektor

funselektor

Ok thank you for the info! I do see the upgrade discount there, so thanks for checking!

Also had another question, you had a few rock placement videos, which place the rocks nicely on top of the terrain with physics, but I'm wondering if it would be possible to have them Sink into the ground a little?

Possibly using a scaled-down collider?

15. Funtyx

Funtyx

I add 2 objects with different sizes, draw these objects on the surface but they become the same size. How to keep their original size?

16. Rowlan

Rowlan

Can you post a screenshot of your settings? The scale of the prefab remains as it is usually, unless it's set to change during painting. It may also be easier to support via discord. If you prefer, contact me there: rowlan.inc

17. Rowlan

Rowlan

I checked, didn't find any problems. Could it be that you were using Distribution "Fluent (with Preview)"?

There's different scales examples in the demo scene, just check out the Brush Painter gameobject.

d.png

18. war40k

war40k

How do I change the keybinds for the editor to rotate? Its not working. Shift + ctrl + mouse wheel does not do anything and I have no idea how to rebind

19. Rowlan

Rowlan

Are you in fluent distribution mode?

20. Hugo99999999

Hugo99999999

I would like to ask if there are any new functions and advantages of Prefab World Builder and Prefab Painter 2 in the YAPP comparison store. Because I've been using both of these tools, but recently I was browsing the store and found YAPP. Could you please tell me the unique advantages of YAPP?

21. Rowlan

Rowlan

I'm not aware of these assets and what they can do, but feel free to check out the videos I posted at the start of the thread. YAPP is created the way I need to create scenes and I create a lot of them for my videos with all kinds of top assets. I don't have much time, so a huge focus is on quick setup and quick distribution and flexibility.

Also, fyi, YAPP will be in the upcoming sale of Unity ;-)

22. Rowlan

Rowlan

Unity's $20 Sale has started and YAPP is part of it :)

banner-4608d157-ab3a-46e4-980d-374b689f94ba.png

A big shout-out also to Paul from SeedMesh Studio. Their upcoming asset is pending the Unity Asset Store Queue and will hopefully be live soon. Can't wait to get my hands on that one. Here's a timelapse video creating the demo scene of their asset using YAPP :)

23. TragicallyCanadian

TragicallyCanadian

24. Rowlan

Rowlan

Can you show me the full editor screen? If a rule won't apply, no prefab will be placed. Does the console show any useful information? If you have a simple repro case it would be helpful. It may also be worth checking out the demo. Feel free to contact me directly on discord to resolve this quicker: rowlan.inc

25. Rowlan

Rowlan

fyi, YAPP is in Unity's $20 Asset Sale :)

20.jpg

26. Rowlan

Rowlan

The $20 Asset Sale ends today.

And I have a few YAPP vouchers to spare:

ASV-7W3U-AQUG-7JV9-TX63-AKN7
    ASV-UE3P-VUJW-NVQ4-LXC3-W4AV
    ASV-YACX-4F4J-JYY4-7MYY-T97Y

Enjoy! :)

Last edited: May 10, 2024
    UnitySynopsis likes this.
  27. UnitySynopsis

UnitySynopsis

Thanks!

Rowlan likes this.
  28. Freshmeat911

Freshmeat911

Just an FYI those codes have already been taken

Rowlan likes this.
  29. Dimosa

Dimosa

Hey love the tool, but i have a quick question. When using Fluent placement the scale of the places object is bound to the scale of the brush size, is there a way to turn this off? I want to place a lot of objects with exact placement, so poisson is no accurate enough.