Search Unity

[RELEASED] World Streamer ! Forget about your game memory usage and create big world!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by NatureManufacture, May 13, 2015.

1. blacksun666

blacksun666

@NatureManufacture Versioning of WS is a little confusing as its now listed as Version 2, WS2 is listed as version 1.02 o_O
    Is there a change list for WS (v2) or was the only change the inclusion of the link to WS2 in the asset description?

2. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

At ws2 forum you got change list.

3. tredpro

tredpro

Whenever I take my scene I have working and streaming and try to use local area feature. The export tries and place it all in one collection. Even if I made no changes and just split as soon as I bring it in. For example my terrain goes in the large collection and so does everything else..order stays the same and everything. I have to disable all but one collection and export it each one by one. Which is fine I guess but would rather do it all at once

4. GuardHei

GuardHei

The features look really promising.
    My question is that for a large open world, when the system "resets" the world origin to avoid floating point inaccuracy, will this create a sudden performance spike in the physics update due to all the rigidbodies & colliders get teleported to new positions?

5. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

The idea of streaming is to reduce amount of loaded/active objects so there will be no huge amount of objects that are moved. You shoudnt have spike.

6. mike2022unity

mike2022unity

Can it be used in combination with addressable?

Can you give a simple tutorial, starting from 0 to make terrain and use this plugin

7. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Hi
    You have to rebuild it a bit, Pawel at discord will help you to get info.