Search Unity

[RELEASED] World Political Map - Globe Edition

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Kronnect, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Kronnect

Kronnect

I'm not sure to understand what you mean. Do you have any issue with the latest beta that includes the camera rotation mode? I'd appreciate if you can provide more details in our support forum (kronnect.com). Thanks.

2. hiromasa-fukusi

hiromasa-fukusi

Sorry,I might have misunderstood
    What is the upgrade 40$?
    Version up = Upgrade?

I can't understand how to use your support forum(kronnect.com).
    Where is the beta version.
    Where is InputBox (I can't write)
    I tried to register but fail

3. Kronnect

Kronnect

Hi @hiromasa fukusi,

We have two variants of the World Political Map Globe Edition.

- Lite Edition ($30): https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/48429
    - Full Edition ($70): https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#!/content/41890

The main differences are listed here:

We provide support for all variants of course, so if you have any problem or have any question please try to register on our support forum again (link to register: http://kronnect.me/taptapgo/index.php?action=register) or you can send us an email to contact@kronnect.me

New features are usually developed for the full versions first and only a few of them are ported to the lite versions. Why? Because our main product is the full version and we maintain the lite versions as simple as possible so you can modify the source code on your own.

Now, what variant did you purchase? I guess you purchased the Lite version of the globe asset. If you want the new features of the Full version, you can upgrade for $40 and get the full version which includes the camera rotation mode already and many more features as you can see in the table above (and many more nice ones which are result of continuous development based on user feedback).

Or if you can't upgrade now but need the Camera rotation mode in the Lite version then we can include this feature as well in the lite version. Just confirm us by email what version you have purchased, Lite or Full, and also include your invoice number so we can send you an update to the Lite version by email when the feature is developed.

Hope you understand... if have any other question please send me an email (contact@kronnect.me).
    Thanks!

4. Kronnect

Kronnect

Hi there! Happy New Year!

We have a new update ready on the Asset Store, V5.0!

Here's the list of new features and improvements:

New features:
    - New Camera navigation mode (can rotate camera instead of Earth). Supports user drag, Constant Drag Speed, Keep Straight, FlyTo methods. Updated Scenic Shader.
    - Mount Points. Allows you to define custom landmarks for special purposes. Mount Points attributes includes a name, position, a type and a collection of tags. Manual updated.
    - Country and region capitals. Different icons + colors, new class filter (cityClassFilter), new "cityClass" property and editor support.
    - Added Hidden GameObjects Tool for dealing with hidden residual gameobjects (located under GameObject main menu)

Improvements:
    - New options for country decorator and for country object (now can hide/rotate/offset country label)
    - New line drawing method compatible with inverted mode (still needs some work)
    - Right clicking on a province now centers on that province instead of its country center
    - Improved zoom acceleration in inverted mode
    - (Set/Get)ZoomLevel now works in inverted mode
    - Added new events: OnCityClick, OnCountryClick, OnProvinceClick
    - "Constant drag speed" and "Keep straight" now work in inverted mode
    - Editor: country's continent is displayed and can be renamed
    - Editor: continent can be destroyed, including countries, provinces and cities
    - Editor: deleting a country now deletes all cities belonging to that country as well
    - Editor: new options to delete a country, a province or all provinces belonging to a country

Enjoy!

5. gecko

gecko

We're finishing up a project with this globe, and putting it on Android tablets for the first time -- and the main texture on the globe does not render. Strangely the normal map does (blue and bumpy), but even when I remove the normal map from the material, the main texture does not render. Testing on 2012 Nexus 7 tablet. Very weird since it uses the Standard Shader. Any suggestions?

6. Kronnect

Kronnect

I understand the globe works well in the Editor. Seems like the texture can't be found or loaded? Is it included in the Resources folder?
    Try to isolate the problem: add to the scene a single cube with same material and see if problem is related to the texture/material or not.

7. gecko

gecko

Thanks, still can't figure it out. It's just the standard shader!

Another question: trying to slim down the published builds. We are not using province borders at all, but provinces10.tx is in the builds, at 7.5mb. I moved it out of the Resources folder, and then the globe wouldn't render, so obviously that's not a solution. Is there a way to remove that text file if we don't need it?

thanks

8. Kronnect

Kronnect

Gecko, so a single independent cube still does not render your texture on the Nexus? Can you confirm this? ( I asked this because the Globe instantiate the materials during startup depending on the selected style and I need to know if this issue is due to Unity or Android bug or is the Globe which is not being able to locate a resource which it does in RestyleEarth () method).

Does a build for the PC have the same problem?

Also which version of the Globe are you using? Can you update to the latest beta from our support forum on kronnect.com? If you could then we'll make sure next beta can run without the provinces geodata file (and we'll release that asap).
    If you can't update for any reason then we can assist you from our support forum or by e-mail at contact (at) kronnect.me in editing the source files required. Thanks.

9. Kronnect

Kronnect

Hi!
    V5.1 is now available with improved visuals (new physically-based atmospheric scattering scenic style), better VR support and performance.

Check out the new intro video!

New features:
    - New Scenic High Resolution with physically-based Atmosphere Scattering effect
    - New demo scene featuring sprites/billboadrds positioning

Improvements:
    - Can hide completely individual countries using decorators, Editor or through API (country.hidden property)
    - VR: compatibility with Virtual Reality gaze
    - Performance improvement in city look up functions
    - Increased sphere mesh density for sharper geometry

10. Kronnect

Kronnect

Hi there! We're happy to announce V5.2 is now available on the Asset Store.

New features:
    - New high density mesh option and ability to replace the Earth mesh
    - New distance calculator (improved inspector and new API).

Improvements:
    - FlyTo is now compatible with simultaneous globe translations
    - New option to prevent interaction with other UI elements (Respect Other UI)
    - Labels now fade in/out automatically depending on camera distance and screen size

Fixes:
    - Fixed new scenic atmosphere scattering style on mobile

11. Kronnect

Kronnect

Hi everyone!

Update 5.2.1
    is now live with a nice visual improvements and VR fixes:

Improvements:
    - Improved contrast for Scenic Scatter style
    - Thicker lines for inland frontiers

Fixes:
    - Fixed issues in inverted mode and globe scale greater than 2
    - Fixed issue with latitude and longitude lines not being drawn when option enabled
    - Fixed issue with SetSimulatedMouseClick not working with GamePads

12. Kronnect

Kronnect

V5.3 available!
    New update full of great community-driven requests:

New features:
    - Now, by default, coastal frontiers won't be drawn, which is useful in combination with inland frontiers (avoid overdraw, increase performance) (API: showCoastalFrontiers)

Improvements:
    - New option in inspector to draw all provinces (API: drawAllProvinces)
    - Ability to constraint rotation around a position (APIs: constraintPosition, constraintAngle, constraintPositionEnabled)
    - Increased color contrast of Scenic Scatter style
    - Thicker lines for inland frontiers
    - Added OnLeftClick and OnRightClick events
    - Added CIRCLE_PROJECTION marker type

Fixes:
    - Fixed issues in inverted mode and globe scale greater than 2
    - Fixed issue with latitude and longitude lines not being drawn when option enabled
    - Fixed issue with SetSimulatedMouseClick not working with GamePads
    - Fixed Pala (Chad) province
    - Fixed circle drawing when crossing 180 degree longitude
    - Fixed black globe issue under some circumstances

13. Kronnect

Kronnect

V5.4 update is now available:

New Features:
    - New label rendering method: World Space
    - New global default font setting for all labels

Improvements:
    - New APIs: GetCountryRegionSurfaceGameObject and GetProvinceRegionSurfaceGameObject for retrieving the colored surface (game object) of any country or province (for example to read the current color)

Fixes:
    - Fixed issues with country transfer options in Map Editor
    - Fixed inland frontiers line renderer which was scaling too much at short distances
    - Fixed duplicate province names

14. Kronnect

Kronnect

V6.0 Beta 1 is now available including new scenic styles (with city lights from space!) and an interesting requested feature, called Zoom Tilt, which allows you to skew the view as you approach the Earth, creating nice perspectives.

15. Kronnect

Kronnect

Hi everyone!

World Political Map Globe Edition 6 is now available!

New Features:
    - New Scenic City Lights and Scenic Scatter City Lights styles
    - New Zoom Tilt option to skew view when approaching Earth
    - New Upright Labels option to ensure country labels are always easily readable

Improvements:
    - New APIs: GetCountryIndex(spherePosition), GetCountryNearToPosition(spherePosition), GetProvinceIndex(spherePosition), GetProvinceNearToPosition(spherePosition)
    - New APIs: GetVisibleCountries, GetVisibleProvinces, GetVisibleCities, GetVisibleMountPoints.
    - New events: OnCountryBeforeEnter, OnProvinceBeforeEnter
    - Can use transparent colors when coloring countries or provinces
    - Animated lines general optimization

Fixes:
    - Fixed bug when flying to target location with globe scale >1 and navigation mode set to Camera Rotates.
    - Improved runtime performance and reduced garbage collection

16. Kronnect

Kronnect

Happy to announce that V7 is now available on the Asset Store!

New Features:
    - New Earth styles supporting multi-tile texture up to 16K (4x8K): 16K Scenic, 16K Scenic + CityLights, 16K Scatter and 16K Scatter + City Lights
    - Option to follow device GPS coordinates on the map

Improvements:
    - Performance improvement of Automatic Labels Fade feature
    - API: methods used to colorize countries now can also add a colored outline

Fixes:
    - Fixed camera bug when calling FlyTo() while a rotation operation was being executed in CameraRotate mode
    - Fixed Upright Labels option when inverted view is enabled
    - Map Editor: fixed issue with target country being deselected when transferring countries

17. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

I have an ignorant question, and I'm not a coder so I am using playmaker… I am using Playmaker's Send Message action to trigger FlyToCountry(string). So far so good.

I would like to add the behavior that makes the country blink, like how they blink when you use the dropdown Country menu in the World Map Decorator inspector, but I'm a little confused. Not actually sure how you did this.

Do I need to add the country to a decorator group? Then set the decorator group layer = true? I've read the API and also looked at the Decorator script in monodevelop…. Maybe I am missing something simpler? Thank you, if you could point me in the right direction…?

18. Kronnect

Kronnect

Decorators are meant to color/texture countries in editor time. At runtime you can use them as well but it will be more efficient to call the API directly (which is what decorators do).

Decorators are not needed to make a country blink. To make a country blink, you need to call BlinkCountry method:

Code (CSharp):
    1. map.BlinkCountry (countryName or countryIndex, color1, color2, duration, blinkingSpeed).

wetcircuit likes this.
  19. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

Oh! that's much better! :cool: I didn't see that one at all….
    Thank you!

Kronnect likes this.
  20. Kronnect

Kronnect

21. Kronnect

Kronnect

V7.1 which is on sale now for limited time comes with lot of improvements:

New Features:
    - New demo scene 5: sorting cities
    - New demo scene 6: city travel / path traversal
    - New demo scene 7: Earth graffiti!
    - New Earth styles: 2K Standard Shader, 8K Standard Shader.
    - New City Combine Meshes option for best performance when lot of cities are visible

Improvements:
    - Unlit styles now receive shadows
    - Demo scene 1: added new button "Fire Bullet!"

Fixes:
    - Frontiers, Mount Points, Cursor, Latitude Lines and other objects created dynamically now use the same layer than globe
    - Fixed RespectOtherUI behaviour on mobile
    - Fixed drag issue on Windows 10

22. Kronnect

Kronnect

Hi! Current sale ends tomorrow 5th October when price will revert to $80 to reflect all recent aditions. Get it now and save!

23. Kronnect

Kronnect

Hello everyone,

Here's an introduction to the map editor showing some of its tools to create a "new country".

Regards.

wetcircuit likes this.
  24. Kronnect

Kronnect

25. jamsucka82

jamsucka82

Hey I am using this on android and I am very impressed with it but I have two things I need help with

(I am using the demo scene with no changes)

1. The pinch to zoom in and out works great but when I tap to navigate like you would do on pc, my world just spins crazy fast, have you seen this before?

2. I have noticed that you have flags shown for each country. How do I overlay these flag textures on countries?

many thanks

26. Kronnect

Kronnect

Thanks.

Nope and I can't reproduce that. However you may want to choose different speed values for either rotation and/or zoom in the inspector.

You can use this code for that:

Code (CSharp):
    1. // Get reference to the API
    2. WorldMapGlobe map = WorldMapGlobe.instance;
    3. // Choose a country
    4. string countryName = “China”;
    5. // Load texture for the country
    6. Texture2D flagTexture = Resources.Load<Texture2D> ("Flags/png/" + countryName);
    7. // Apply texture to the country main region (ignore islands)
    8. int countryIndex = map.GetCountryIndex(countryName);
    9. map.ToggleCountryMainRegionSurface(countryIndex, true, flagTexture);
    This is assuming the texture file name equals the country name as in the companion package World Flags and Weather Symbols.

27. Kronnect

Kronnect

Hi everyone!

V7.2 is now available on the Asset Store.

New Features:
    - Rectangle selection support. New demo scene 8.
    - New marker type: quad (API: AddMarker).
    - New API: GetVisibleCountries(rect), GetVisibleProvinces(rect), GetVisibleCities(rect), GetVisibleMountPoints(rect)

Improvements:
    - Added Hide/Show method for fast hiding/showing globe (faster than enabling/disabling gameobject)
    - Added brightness & contrast properties to Scenic shaders
    - VR: compatibility in normal mode (before, only worked with Inverted Mode)
    - VR: compatibility with Google VR

Enjoy!

28. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

Would you consider a playmaker asset for your map products? I teach kids in an after-school program, about 70% are from other countries. They don't code (neither do I) but I've got them learning playmaker. Paid add-on would be cool. I feel like I can access only about half the features of the World Globe (there are so many, it's hard to keep up). I understand your focus is more about strategy/gaming, but I bet there is a pretty big market for education too...

Thanks for considering.

29. Kronnect

Kronnect

Thanks for your interest. I'll contact you to discuss this idea.

30. Kronnect

Kronnect

World Political Map Globe Edition V8 is here! This update brings major performance improvements and many Map Editor additions, as well as a slicker custom inspector.

New Features:
    - Support for enclaves at country and province levels
    - Redesigned Editor inspector

Improvements:
    - Map Editor: improved region transfer system
    - Map Editor: transfer country field now shows neighbours at top of list
    - Automatic country label fading: optimized performance
    - Optimized performance of country selection with mouse
    - AddLine: new reuseMaterial parameter to improve performance avoiding material instantiation
    - Optimized line animation system

If you're new to Globe Edition, check out this intro video showing first steps:

31. Kronnect

Kronnect

Hi everyone,

Happy to announce World Political Map Globe Edition v9 is here and with a cool roadmap!

First, WPM Globe Edition 9.0 features a new great addition: integration with Online Map Tile Systems! Check out this video for a quick introduction:

Changelog for v9.0:

- New Earth style: Tiled + dedicated section to setup integration with online map systems
    - New demo scene 9 showing the new tile system
    - Map Editor: new contexual option to equalize number of provinces across countries
    - Map Editor: new 'Fix Orphan Cities" to automatically assign cities to countries and provinces
    - Map Editor: city province field is now shown when selecting a city
    - Improved globe drag when using WASD keys
    - Added rightClickRotates and rightClickRotatingClockwise properties
    - Improved precision of high definition frontiers projection (EPSG:4326)
    - Country and province borders now use dedicated materials based on color alpha to improve performance - Improved cursor: pattern now remains invariable to zoom level
    - Added countryHighlightMaxScreenAreaSize to provide a maximum screen area size for highlighted countries
    - [Fix] Fixed namespace conflict with PUN+
    - [Fix] Fixed jitter when reaching minimum zoom

Roadmap for v9.X series:

v9.1: adaptative grids: show a dynamic grid around current or given position over the globe. As in WMSK, the grid is not entirely drawn over the globe for performance purposes and will fade automatically based on a zoom range. Additional functionality will be provided to work with this grid like new events and colorisation/texturing options.

v9.2: fog of war: ability to render a layer of animated fog around the globe. It will be possible to toggle the fog over any area, country or province with a single function call.

Note that due to all the recent additions price will be increased so grab this asset now and get all future updates for free!

Enjoy WPM Globe Edition!

digiross likes this.
  32. Kronnect

Kronnect

Hi everyone,

FYI World Maps Pro Bundle is on Sale at 30% OFF. Pick this one and you will get World Political Map Globe Edition, 2D Edition, World Map Strategy Kit plus a complete package of world flags and weather icons in vector and raster formats at the best price ever!

Thanks!

33. digiross

digiross

Hey Kronnect, any eta on the 9.1 and 9.2 updates? The grid enhancement and fog of war would be excellent!

34. Kronnect

Kronnect

9.1 should be available by end of May, with first beta versions available in 2-3 weeks on Kronnect.com.
    9.2 will follow shortly.

35. Kronnect

Kronnect

Hi everyone!

The Asset Store has gone crazy with a 2nd wave of assets on sale!
    Our top assets are now available at 30% off, including Beautify, Volumetric Fog & Mist, World Political Map Globe Edition and many others. This wave ends in 6 days.

Click here to check our assets on sale.

36. hdpike

hdpike

Hello, I would like to locate the location according to the longitude and latitude, but not through the city name or country name, you can do it

37. Kronnect

Kronnect

Hi!

Sure, you can do that. You can use either the calculator component or directly using the new Conversion static class which is a more convenient method now:

Code (CSharp):
    1. Vector3 sphereLocation = Conversion.GetSpherePointFromLatLon(new Vector2(latitude, longitude));
    Then you can use the AddMarker API to position gameObjects, circles or quads on that globe location.

Please, sign up on our support forum on kronnect.com where we centralise all support questions and petition, and also access to the latest beta releases with new improvements and features. Globe, 2D Edition and WMSK gets released to the Asset Store once a month, but betas are more frequent.

38. Kronnect

Kronnect

Hi there!

World Political Map Globe Edition 9.0.2 update is now available on the Asset Store!

Here's the changelog:
    - Improved global performance
    - Markers added to the globe with colliders now receive a rigidbody component to enable interaction
    - VR: Support for Google VR pointer and controller touch
    - Map Editor: added option to merge provinces
    - [Fix] Country labels with World Space render method disappear when adding tickers to the globe
    - [Fix] Fixed wrong target sovereign country name shown in transfer dialog (countries and provinces)
    - [Fix] Immediate changes in inspector does not mark scene as dirty (pending save)
    - [Fix] Added workaround to prevent Unity Editor hanging when enabling "Draw All Provinces" with World Map Globe prefab in the scene
    - [Fix] Fixed shaking issue when zoom tilt and keep straight options are enabled
    - [Fix] Map Editor: Unity orbiting keys were being supressed while map editor was selected

Enjoy this update and thanks for using WPM Globe Edition in your projects.

39. Kronnect

Kronnect

New video! Here's a preview of the upcoming hexagonal grid feature to be introduced in v9.1:

digiross likes this.
  40. Pvt_Hudson

Pvt_Hudson

Howdy, has anyone tested/used this for Windows Store app ? Trying to build for a hololens and getting...

Assets\WorldPoliticalMapGlobeEdition\Scripts\Core\Internal\WPMTiles.cs(885,25): error CS1729: 'Thread' does not contain a constructor that takes 1 arguments

Assets\WorldPoliticalMapGlobeEdition\Scripts\Core\Internal\WPMTiles.cs(886,12): error CS1061: 'Thread' does not contain a definition for 'Start' and no extension method 'Start' accepting a first argument of type 'Thread' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

41. Kronnect

Kronnect

Hi! Thanks for using WPM Globe Edition.
    The new tile system introduced in V9 has not been tested with HoloLens yet.
    We'll check this and get back to you shortly.

Please in the meanwhile if you have not done so yet, I recommend you to sign up on our support forum where you can find latest updates/fixes quickly.

42. hdpike

hdpike

Hello, 75$isn't the latest edition? The latest version costs 45$?

43. Kronnect

Kronnect

Hi!
    WPM Globe Edition price is $75.
    WPM Lite Edition costs $30, and then you can upgrade to Globe Edition paying the difference: 45.
    Here's the comparison chart: http://kronnect.me/taptapgo/index.php/topic,1437.0.html

44. Kronnect

Kronnect

"Beautifying" the Globe (Beautify's Sun flares) :)

digiross likes this.
  45. Kronnect

Kronnect

Version 9.2 is now available! :)

Changes:

- VR: support for Samsung Gear VR pointer (laser)
    Added support for Gear VR SDK pointer object. Also supports Google VR pointers.

- New Sun property to automatically sync atmosphere with Sun light direction
    This addition makes instant synchronisation between a purposed Sun game object / light and the Earth shading.

- Hexagonal grid: added rotation shift option
    Useful to refine position of the grid over the map!

- API: Added OnFlyStart / OnFlyEnd events
    Now you can easily react to fly/navigation commands when they start or finish.

- API: Added destinationZoomLevel optional parameter to FlyTo() methods
    Nice addition, which makes fly/navigation operations more flexible blending Earth/camera rotation with zoom.

- [Fix] Fixed GetZoomLevel() not matching SetZoomLevel() values
    GetZoomLevel and SetZoomLevel now works as expected regarding the zoom level range.

- [Fix] Fixed horizon white line in Scenic 16K styles
    Fixed minor visual glitch with the 16K shader.

Enjoy! :)

digiross likes this.
  46. hdpike

hdpike

Hello, I need to use the latitude and longitude of the earth to locate a point. I don't see how your height is handled

47. Kronnect

Kronnect

48. Sakhas

Sakhas

Hello, I have few questions for this:

- Is the model compatible to be used with HTC Vive and its' controllers? Can you see any issues regarding this usage?
    - Can cities and locations be accessed easily by name e.g. addMarkerToLocation("San Francisco")?
    -
    Is it possible to add your own locations with specific name and location?

49. Kronnect

Kronnect

Hello!

1) It works fine in VR.
    2) Basic VR interaction is supported by default (selection of countries looking at the globe, ie. basic gaze). Google VR and Samsung Gear VR SDK controllers are supported (pointers, touchpad) so adapting for Vive's controllers should be doable editing one of the script files.
    3) Yes, cities and locations are fully accesible through API - AddMarker and city locations can be used for this.
    4) You can add your own locations either at runtime or in Editor using the Map Editor.

Regards.

50. digiross

digiross

I just wanna say that I love this asset more all the time. I eagerly await each new update. Good job!

Kronnect likes this.