Search Unity

[RELEASED] Workflow Tabs - Create Tabs for all your workflows

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by roykoma, Mar 18, 2020.

1. roykoma

roykoma

Workflow Tabs is your tool for creating multiple workflow tabs, saving your current editor state and switching between them with one click.

Do you work with multiple Layouts and multiple Workflows? Do the builtin Editor Layouts not satisfy you? Then this asset is for you!

Switch between all your workflows in just one click

Features:
    • Create new Workflows on the fly
    • Switch between your workflows with one click
    • Don't worry about the state of your editor- switch your tab and continue working
    If you find any bugs or need any help please don't hesitate to notify me about it here or on discord (link above).

simonpasi_XR likes this.
  2. Stexe

Stexe

Sounds interesting. Do you have any videos showing how it works?

3. roykoma

roykoma

Hey there,

thank you for the interest.

There are no videos as of now, but I plan on making some quickstart videos for my assets next week.

4. MrIconic

MrIconic

It's almost the same as switching layouts except it seems to switch a little faster. Using it with the shortcut option makes it more worth it.

Some issues since it is a $15 asset
    • No custom inspector window that you could interact with the asset and its settings all in one place.
    • Rearranging tabs requires you to go into the project folder and select each individual tab file. Then you have to change the integer as to where they're placed. Ex. Change 0 to 4 etc. Would rather a drag and drop method.
    • No video so I had no idea what this asset would do until I already bought it.
    • Saving and restoring the current tab is buried beneath multiple menu selections.

Suggestion:
    If you can make it so the tab bar can be right-clicked- you can add options for saving, restoring, 'go-to folder' and so on.

Stexe likes this.
  5. roykoma

roykoma

Thank you very much for interest, purchase and feedback!

You are right - this assets main feature is creating, saving and switching editor layouts for you in a much more intuitive and fast way, saving and loading additional stuff, that the default layouts sadly don't save

Based on your feedback I would change to following on the asset:
    • Adding another Editor-Window with the possibility of changing all the assets settings, including a reorderable list for ordering the tabs, deleting the tabs directly - and buttons for quick access to all the features of the asset
    • Adding a right click context menu for the tab bar with all the settings that are currently in the menu folder deeply burried and the tabs header-bars context menu, allowing quick and easy intuitive access to all features
    • Updating the quick-start introduction to reflect these changes
    Quickstart videos for all my assets, showing their features and how to use them are planned for this week.

Also: You can access the Saving and Restoring features much faster already now, if you right-click the header of the Tab Bar (Where the "Workflow Tabs" is standing).

Would these changes solve your issues, or did I forget/misunderstand something?

Kind regards,
    Roy

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
    Stexe and MrIconic like this.
  6. MrIconic

MrIconic

Awesome.

At first I was holding off on buying some of your other assets but that response was so fast that I might change my mind haha.

7. roykoma

roykoma

Version 1.1 was committed to the assetstore.

Changes:
    - Added a Settings menu for better and easier configuration
    - Added a better context menu for quick access of all features

Stexe likes this.
  8. roykoma

roykoma

Update 1.1 is now live on the assetstore.

Sadly I am a bit behind on creating the quickstart video - it will probably take another day or two.

9. roykoma

roykoma

Update 1.2 is now live on the assetstore.

it includes minor bugfixes and a short introduction video.

Stexe likes this.