Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Words Mobile Ready Game

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Sparkline, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Sparkline

Sparkline

WEBGL DEMO

Asset Store

Note that in demo version I have disabled player count selection and word dictionary checking for comfortable tests.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
  2. Sparkline

Sparkline

Updated first post. Added video and images. If you have any questions guys please ask it)

3. Sparkline

Sparkline

4. Sparkline

Sparkline

5. scortillion

scortillion

Can this be played over the internet?

6. inscrutableone

inscrutableone

Hello Sergey, I have been trying to reach you. I wrote you an email at your Joongly email. We want to use your Word Game module in our local language.

7. Sprarage

Sprarage

Hi, trying to use game in 5.2.5f1 but "using UnityEngine.SceneManagement" not found, so SceneManager.LoadScene() throws error.

8. Sparkline

Sparkline

9. unity_sGvckpVw21qwcw

unity_sGvckpVw21qwcw

Is it safe to remove deprecated GUI Layer from MainCamera? Seems to work with no errors after removing.

10. Sparkline

Sparkline

That means it is safe ;)

11. oklahuma

oklahuma

Is there any option to play against the computer- the AI, so it is a one player game?

12. jGate99

jGate99

@Sparkline
    I purchased your asset few sales ago but finally started looking into it.
    I'm trying to understand how you map ugui image size with sprite size and camera zoom in/out.
    your code is not commented and im terrible at math. so please explain
    you are not reachable on email so im messaging here.
    thanks

13. DavidPatterson

DavidPatterson

This project doesn't seem to work with the latest Unity. Do you have an update?

14. tonythedad

tonythedad

Hello, i am seeing several errors loading and playing in Unity v2019.3.7f1 - Does it work in this version, I will send an email also with more details. Thanks!

15. todd45040

todd45040

I just purchased the Words Mobile Ready Game Asset and am trying to get is up and running with my current version of Unity - 2019.4.20f1. I am getting about 215 errors and it looks like this asset package in not compatible with the version I currently have. Can anyone provide some support for this issue.

Just spent $40 for this asset and would like to get it running.

Thanks,

-Todd

16. Sparkline

Sparkline

Hello!
    Did you install it with package manager?

17. Sparkline

Sparkline

Please do the following:
    Go to your project folder and delete "Packages" folder, open project and errors will gone.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
  18. todd45040

todd45040

Thank you for your response... It's probably a dumb question, but what is the proper way to delete that "Packages" folder? I see the folder for the packages, which is located below the assets folder in the Project window. Should I right click on the Packages folder to delete? Because when I do that, the delete option is not available. Or should I somehow be deleting via the Package Manager? Should I delete the folder manually via the file explorer?

-Todd

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
  19. Sparkline

Sparkline

Yes I mean delete that folder via file explorer.

OR

You can try create new project, open package manager then update(!) and import asset again. I fixed this issue and asset was updated yesterday.

20. todd45040

todd45040

Hello again. I'm sorry to keep bothering you with must seem like simple questions, but I still haven't been able to get the asset up and running. I tried to follow your previous instructions, but I'm doing something wrong. The version I have been using is 2019.4.21f1, which probably is not correct?

So I have a couple more questions...
    1) Which Unity version should I be running: 5.2.0 or higher, or can I use 2019.4.21f1?
    2) Assuming I've been using a compatible version (2019.4.21f1) for this asset, I should install the asset using the following steps:
    a) create a new project: (should this new project be an empty one, or a 2D project?
    b) open the package manager and update/refresh the asset list.
    c) import the asset, when the import screen appears accept the default components that are checked.
    3) Click the play button and the game should begin running, correct?

Sorry for all the questions, but I am pretty new to Unity and this is the first asset I've purchased. So I'm a little confused as the the proper way to get it installed and up and running.

Is there a certain way I should be starting the game? My last attempt at installing resulted in getting a blank blue screen when running the game.

As always, thanks in advance for your support.

-Todd

Last edited: Mar 15, 2021
  21. todd45040

todd45040

Good news, I've gotten things straightened out and finally have the Word Game running. Yea!! Now I have one more question:
    • After I click the play button and get the game running, I'm only able to see the first 6.5 rows of the game board within the Unity SDK. (see screenshot) How can I resize the game area so I can see the whole board/game layout including the player tiles and buttons.
    Sorry again for asking how to do this. The answer is probably simple, but I can't seem to scale the board smaller so I can see everything.
    WordGameAssetRunning.PNG

Thanks,

-Todd

22. Sparkline

Sparkline

Asset is made mostly for mobile vertical screen orientation. Set up game view as vertical (width less than height) before hitting Play

23. todd45040

todd45040

Will do... Thank you for all your help.

24. ARTMASSA

ARTMASSA

HOW I USE IT WITH PHOTON TO MAKE A MULTIPLAYER

25. ARTMASSA

ARTMASSA

I don't know how to use it, i think it's neither multiplayer nor oneplayer.