Search Unity

Assets [RELEASED] Winter Forest Environment

Discussion in 'Works In Progress' started by Fer00m, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Fer00m

Fer00m

Hi @gecko!

I'm not sure how VSP accesses shader properties with regards to snow control, but if it uses PropertyToID https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Shader.PropertyToID.html I think it would only be a matter of changing the property name in Standard Snow shaders to the one VPS uses.
    I will dig through the code and let you know as soon as I can!

gecko likes this.
  2. Migueljb

Migueljb

If I wanted to use all the vegetation for a summer scene is that possible or are some trees bushes etc only have that dead winter no leaves look?

3. Fer00m

Fer00m

Hey @Migueljb
    There are no leaves decidous tree models, so if you wanted to use them in a summer scene only pines and spruces would have green appearance.

4. ECNUnity

ECNUnity

this looks like an awesome pack! just wondering if these have been tested on Mobile VR headsets (eg Oculus Quest)?

5. Fer00m

Fer00m

Hi @ECNUnity
    I took a look at the specs of Oculus Quest and it doesn't differ much from other mobile devices such as smartphones, so the pack is not targeted towards this, I'm afraid.

6. friuns3

friuns3

Hi. is demo scene included that shown on video? how big terrain there is? and how much fps you have + what your pc specs

7. Fer00m

Fer00m

Hi @friuns3
    Yes, the demo scene is included. It is not very large, as its only purpose is just to showcase the assets. Here I marked very roughly the detailed area of the terrain:

Demo scene runs at around 60 FPS with all settings at max with the exception of shadow cascades, which were lowered from 4 to 2, however shadow draw distance was increased from Unity max default 200 units to 500 units.
    This was on old GTX970 and i7 4790k, so current gen GPUs should handle it even better.

friuns3 likes this.
  8. skinwalker

skinwalker

Hello,

How can I change the snow color of the architectures? I want to tint it a little bit to the blue area, I tried from the shader Snow Color, but didn't do anything

9. Fer00m

Fer00m

Hi @skinwalker
    Snow Color parameter works only when there is no Snow Texture assigned in the material, so you will need to remove it. Alternatively, if you have Amplify Shader Editor, you can edit the functionality of the shader, just use Add node to sum Snow Color and Snow Texture parameters.