Search Unity

[RELEASED] Winter Environment - Nature Pack

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by ANGRYMESH, Apr 4, 2019.

1. ANGRYMESH

ANGRYMESH

Description:

Winter Environment asset created for quick and quality development of winter nature scenes. Contains additional shaders with which you can adjust the snow amount on trees, grass and props. All trees work, both with the standard Unity Terrain and the Vegetation Studio system.

Available on Unity Asset Store!

In collaboration with BOXOPHOBIC, we have developed AG Global Settings, an advanced GPU Wind System, intuitive and easy to use.

AG Global Settings give you control of global wind settings such as direction, amplitude, speed, scale, and mesh stiffness. You can control the wind settings both globally across the scene and locally for each material. This allows you to adjust differently the rigidity of the objects and the influence of the wind on them.

In addition to the wind settings, AG Global Settings contains global parameters for AO/Translucency/Tint Color and Snow. Global settings can be unique for each scene. You can adjust the look of the environment without changing the basic mesh materials.

You can use this pack together with Vegetation Studio or Vegetation Studio Pro for super fast rendering!

The textures have a high resolution and were created from scanned data. The asset contains 3 types of trees. Each type of tree use only two materials (leaf and bark). The trees have low overdraw with low drawcall usage.

Features:
    • Compatibility with instanced indirect by Vegetation Studio & Vegetation Studio Pro.
    Amplify Shader Editor support (v1.6.4).
    Amplify Shader Functions included.
    • Albedo/NM/AO/Smoothness/Mask and Height maps for all ground textures. The textures are compatible with the Unity Terrain 2018.3 and external terrain tools, such as CTS and MegaSplat.
    • GPU global and local wind with advanced control settings (direction, amplitude, speed, size, and object stiffness).
    • Real time wind settings control directly in the scene view.
    • Global and local settings for AO/Translucency/Tint Color and Snow.
    • Snow on trees trunks using the wind direction
    • PBR textures created from scanned data.
    • All shaders support GPU instancing.
    • Low overdraw for trees with low drawcall usage.
    • Cross meshes for all last LOD trees and bushes.
    • LOD’s for all prefabs.
    • Prefabs ready to be used with Vegetation Studio.
    • Online documentation.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
  2. magique

magique

Would it be possible in the future to adjust Global Snow parameters taking height into account? For example, I use CTS and have set a height at which snow covers the terrain and I would like to use Winter Environment rocks and trees in this scene, but only have snow on those objects if they are above the same height that I've set for CTS snow.

3. ANGRYMESH

ANGRYMESH

We haven't thought about it so far but it's a good idea. Yes, we will add this in the next update (1.5).
    This update will take several weeks because we want first to add an update for the rocks' package.
    Thank you for your feedback!

magique likes this.
  4. magique

magique

Awesome. Thanks.

5. magique

magique

I'm seeing very strange results when baking navmesh with your trees. Every tree has a cross pattern instead of just the area around the tree trunk. See in the attached image where a different tree is baked properly, but all trees from this pack have a large cross pattern. Any ideas how to fix this?

Attached Files:

6. ANGRYMESH

ANGRYMESH

I'm sorry for my delayed response

To fix that you need to change the NavMesh LOD Index for our Tree.
    Go to Terrain > Paint Trees, select a tree and click on "Edit Trees". In the Edit Tree tab change the "NavMesh Lod Index" setting to "First".

I will fix this setting in the next update.

7. magique

magique

Thanks. I had a feeling it might be somehow using the cross billboard for navmesh baking, but I didn't know how to fix it. That's one I didn't know about.

8. magique

magique

I finally got a chance to get back to this and I tried your solution, but the feature you are talking about isn't there. Maybe it's only available in certain versions of Unity. I'm using 2019.4.15f1. Here is what the Edit Tree tab looks like there:

Attached Files:

9. ANGRYMESH

ANGRYMESH

You're right, this setting doesn't appear in the older versions of Unity.
    Navmesh is calculated based on the last LOD mesh and I didn't find a setting to change this in older versions of Unity.

But, I tested this in the last few days and I found a little trick that fixes this issue. For this, I need to send you another version of prefabs.
    Please contact us via email.

10. AntoineGu

AntoineGu

Hi.

We have some Angrymesh shader errors when building a PS4 project:

Shader error in 'ANGRYMESH/Nature Pack/HDRP/Grass Snow': Program 'Frag', incompatible argument list for call to 'GetDecalSurfaceData'. Found 3 possible candidates: at line 595 (on ps4)

Shader error in 'ANGRYMESH/Nature Pack/HDRP/Grass Snow': Program 'Vert', incompatible argument list for call to 'GetDecalSurfaceData'. Found 3 possible candidates: at line 595 (on ps4)

Shader error in 'ANGRYMESH/Nature Pack/HDRP/Grass Snow': Program 'Frag', "Undefined area shadow filter algorithm" at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@14.0.7/Runtime/Lighting/Shadow/HDShadowAlgorithms.hlsl(54) (on ps4)

Shader error in 'ANGRYMESH/Nature Pack/HDRP/Grass Snow': Program 'Frag', this expression cannot be used as a function at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@14.0.7/Runtime/Lighting/Shadow/HDShadowAlgorithms.hlsl(191) (on ps4)

11. ANGRYMESH

ANGRYMESH

I will investigate the issue. What version of Unity and HDRP are you using?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2023
  12. AntoineGu

AntoineGu

Unity 2022.3.3 with HDRP 14.0.8.
    I've fixed manualy the shaders in our project.