Search Unity

[Released] Weaver - Get rid of your magic strings

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Kybernetik, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Kybernetik

Kybernetik

Have you ever wanted to:
    Well, I just released a massive update to my Weaver plugin which lets you do all those things. Please check it out and let me know if you have any questions, feedback, feature requests, etc.

If you are upgrading from an earlier version of Weaver, the Change Log contains an Upgrade Guide to help you.

[Weaver Lite] [Weaver Pro] [Documentation] [Forum] [Support: KybernetikGames@gmail.com]

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
  2. Player7

Player7

What is the difference with the Lite and Pro versions?

3. Kybernetik

Kybernetik

4. Gekigengar

Gekigengar

@Kybernetik Just found a bug on the inspector after creating the 14th layer.
    upload_2020-2-5_1-18-3.png
    All the layer names would shift to the right.

5. Kybernetik

Kybernetik

Thanks, I'll take a look at it.

Gekigengar likes this.
  6. Player7

Player7

Is this hotfix "Fixed CSharp.IsValidInMemberName to correctly treat the pipe symbol "|" as an invalid character" that could be included in the next update...

7. Kybernetik

Kybernetik

It will be included in the next update when I do some work on Weaver again, it's just a pain to test and upload the Pro and Lite versions with several different versions of Unity each (more so than my other assets because Weaver tests include procedural scripts so they can't be automated) so I haven't done it just for that one bug fix.

8. Player7

Player7

Speaking on new Unity versions.. just updated my project to 2020.1.0a22 and it was Weaver causing some issues with one of its build scripts that builds the BuildDetails.cs script

Well I mean you could just update the Pro version first and then do the Lite version as and when time allows, so Lite version doesn't get as frequent an update.. it is afterall the free version.

9. Kybernetik

Kybernetik

Trying to support alpha and beta versions of Unity is a massive waste of time because they often introduce bugs that are fixed by the time that version actually releases. For example, in one of the recent Unity versions they implemented a new API for adding your own page to the preferences window but during the beta the old system was broken and the new one completely undocumented, then when it released the old API worked fine again.

Setting up the tests and separating everything from the rest of my unreleased systems is also a significant chunk of the time involved and doing each version separately would increase the possibility of having different issues with only one of them, which is already a significant hassle as it is.

10. Player7

Player7

11. Player7

Player7

yeah fair enough can't blame you on that when it's unity breaking stuff without having adequate replacements they stick to and document properly.

Anyway the above error is from 2020.1.a22 but I'm not utilising weaver just yet, so I've removed it for now.

12. Kybernetik

Kybernetik

If you try it again, check the import settings of the DLLs because that sounds like the external scripts can't see anything in the DLLs so Unity might have lost the import settings (if so, that's a bug I would expect them to fix before release). The ones in Assets/Plugins/Weaver should be editor-only and the ones in the Runtime folder are for all other platforms.

13. Player7

Player7

hmm doesn't seem to be the issue

unityunity