Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[released] Want good 3D-character-animation but are short on time, budget or training, HELP is here

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by NaturalFront, Mar 17, 2016.

1. NaturalFront

NaturalFront

Thanks for your interest.

As shown in your message, please

- open Controller.cs in an Editor such as Visual Studio or MonoDevelop for Unity;
    - change 'Pose' in "Controller.cs" to 'MassAnimation.Resources.Entities.Pose';
    - save "Controller.cs" and go back to Unity.

The issue was caused by Unity upgrading.

Can you please confirm that you bought "Complete" version instead of "Basic" version? Since it seems otherwise from the Publisher portal. We'd like to make sure no error is made in Asset Store processing, and also in our advice.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  2. pccross

pccross

Thanks! That fixed the error.

My mistake, I bought the 'Basic' version, and not 'Complete'

3. NaturalFront

NaturalFront

You are welcome.

Please let us know if you have any more questions.

In addition, did you leave a review at Asset Store page at

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/56653

If yes, can you please update your review, i.e. issue has been fixed?

If it was not you, would you please leave an objective review there?

Thank you very much.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  4. jilt

jilt

I tested the free version and the resulting model looks good, however I'd like to have more blendshapes to control. Are there more in the pro version, and if so, which?

5. NaturalFront

NaturalFront

Thank you for your interest.

What blendshapes you will need and are not in the Free-version?

Also, can you tell us ;):

if you use other software to create the blendshapes (of fully customized & unlimited models) in our Free-version,

- how much more or less time you will need;
    - how much more or less money you will spend;

Thank you.

6. jilt

jilt

I'll explain what I'd like to do. At a film academy, I'm doing a Unity intro course for students who haven't had a single Maya class yet, so I cant expect them to do actual modelling/rigging. In the workshop I'd like the students to create a caricature selfie in 3D and then act out a monologue with it.

I plan on using an iPhone X to stream blendshapes into Unity and record them there. I've done some tests with Mixamo rigs and with FageGen heads, the latter supports 35 out of the 51blendshapes ARKit supports https://developer.apple.com/documentation/arkit/arfaceanchor.blendshapelocation

In your free version it's hard to tell because I don't get an actual model with blendshapes I can play with, but digging around the interface I think I count about 10? The goal is a believable face animation where you can tell what the mouth is saying. I'm not gonna put a price on the added functionality because we're starting this week and I don't think it's realistic to add a lot of functionality on such short notice. Rather I was informing on existing functionality, and the potential difference between free and pro versions.

7. NaturalFront

NaturalFront

Thank you for your clarification.

Have you ever thought that:

Your students can have high-quality 3D-animation without the need for learning modeling/rigging at all, just like they can drive a car without ever opening up the car-engine.

This is dramatically different from what you and others are used to. Yet, it will become normal just like the car-driving analogue.

If you haven't watched it yet, our explanation is at

To answer your question, the difference of our Pro and Free version is that the Pro-version

- automatically animates among all keyframes set by a user, without modeling/rigging or any of the traditionally time-consuming and labor-intensive processes;
    - automatically synchronizes between animation and audio, supporting lip-sync
    - exports the customized animation to FBX so it can run anywhere else.

That said, we can easily add all the visemes, which probably won't be shown up in the interface.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  8. FiveFingerStudios

FiveFingerStudios

Can I take a Daz3D character and use your software to make facial animations in Unity?

9. NaturalFront

NaturalFront

The workflow will only go the other direction:

- you create a customized 3D-model AND its animation using NaturalFront 3D face animation plugin;

- then export the 3D-model AND its animation to FBX (only on Pro-version of NaturalFront Plugin);

- then import them to whatever 3D-apps that supports FBX.

Try out for Free, and see how much time and money you will save in creating high-quality 3D face animation.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  10. a-dogg

a-dogg

Hi NaturalFront. We're in research mode for a project where we need to get quickly from minimally invasive user scans (research subjects for a clinical university proof of concept), to a realistic head/avatar with blendshapes for what will likely be markerless facial capture driven actor performances. I've seen a number of your "what if you could save all of the time in the world with the power of your computer!" videos, but I'm not really seeing a lot of best case examples. The face that's being shown in those videos has blends and expressions that look extremely unnatural. Is there an example somewhere of all of the blendshapes that are possible with your system, and them being driven in a lip sync that's high production value? That would give the strongest pitch for your product.

Thanks for any input!

mrwhip likes this.
  11. NaturalFront

NaturalFront

Hi a-dogg,

Thanks for your interest.

However, it seems that you misunderstood our explanation video, since
    - we don't create, or use or export any blendshape, and the explanation video explicitly says that creating-blendshapes is a huge time-sink;
    - all animation is created in real time without relying any blendshape, or bones, or motion capture, just like you don't rely on any of these to move your own face;
    - the 3D-model is created with built-in animation mechanism, just like you were born with it too.

The animation is created by users, who can make it more natural if she/he so wants. It has been a long tradition in the animation industry that poses are exaggerated to the maximum. We did a little bit of that in the video, even we prefer not to.

Why don't you try the Free-version so you can understand better?

Thank you again.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
  12. FiveFingerStudios

FiveFingerStudios

Ok, do in order to use your tool, I must feed it a photo....correct?

If that's is the case, does it output a head mesh that is aniimated?

If so, how to I combine it with a mesh of one of my characters?

Also, do you have any video showing what we can expect from the final output?

Thanks

13. a-dogg

a-dogg

Thanks for your reply... Do you have any example work you've generated with this system that you feel DO represent a natural and ideal outcome from the system?

With the pro version are you driving the built in animation mechanism purely with audio analysis/approximation?

Sweet eye roll by the way, if that comment was directed toward me that I need to take the hat I've had on for quite a while etc... Hoping that's a language barrier thing and you aren't actually trying to be an dick to a potential customer. :)

Just to be more clear: you advertise creating Hollywood quality (that's actually ABOVE video game/realtime quality) facial animation with your system. I'd love to see some examples that meet that mark or even a few knotches lower. Do such examples exist?

14. NaturalFront

NaturalFront

Correct.

Yes, the created model will have high-quality 3D animation built-in, without going through any of rigging, blendshapes, key-framing or motion capture, just like you can get your face animated without any of these.

Can you imagine how much time and money you can save?

- you create a customized 3D-model AND its animation using NaturalFront 3D face animation plugin;
    - then export the 3D-model AND its animation to FBX (only on Pro-version of NaturalFront Plugin);
    - then import them to whatever 3D-apps that supports FBX.

Please watch this demo video. The exported FBX will have the same animation as clicking "Animate" button (at about 4:29 of this video).

You can try the Free-version, for Free!

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  15. NaturalFront

NaturalFront

Have you watched this demo video? If you haven't either watched this video or trying the Free-version, you might have misunderstood most of the explainer video.

We simply tried to draw your attention about this in our last message.

No. You can decide whatever pose you want at any point of time, and the 3D-model will be animated automatically across different points of time, without going through any of rigging, blendshapes, key-framing or motion capture, just like you can get your own face animated without any of these.

Again, the best way we believe is trying out the Free-version.

Thank you again.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  16. JoMaHo

JoMaHo

Hi!
    I´ve been trying to make the Unity free plugin work on Mac (Sierra 10.12.6), but Unity freezes every time on import.

The Progress bar is frozen on 50%, and then after a few minutes I get the OS colorwheel, and have to hard restart Unity.

I use the example picture, and have tried both modes several times (speedy and more tolerance), but alas. Freeze, freeze, freeze. I have all other applications closed.

My specs:
    Unity for Mac 2017.3.0f3
    OS Sierra 10.12.6
    Ram: 8GB
    MacBookPro Retina, late 2013

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  17. NaturalFront

NaturalFront

We are sorry for the issue you experienced.

For now, to complete the photo-to-3D modeling in a short time on Mac, you would normally need a Mac desktop with a fast quad-core i7 processor running at around 2.9GHz, 16GB RAM. That means 4 physical CPU cores.

You might want to know that the latest NaturalFront 3D Face Animation Plugin Free - Windows can complete photo-to-3D modeling in realtime. Once it is created, the 3D-face-model will automatically have high-quality 3D-animation built in.

Thus, if you have a PC, you can test out both the 3D modeling and high-quality animation in no time.

Thank you again.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  18. JoMaHo

JoMaHo

Hi!
    Thank you for swift reply.
    Please let me know if this is true for your asset regarding Mac:

- You must have a minimum i7 (4 cores) for Unity not to freeze?

I do not care if it takes 5min to prepare. But freeze gives me nothing.
    Will this apply for the pro version as well? If so, you MUST inform customers about it.
    I do have a suspicion this has not to do with my MacPro specs, but Unity version.

Looking forward for your reply.

Best

19. NaturalFront

NaturalFront

Thanks for your messages.

Have you read the full description of the Mac-version of NaturalFront Unity plugin (either Free or Pro)? The following is copied from the description:

To create and animate custom-built 3D heads quickly, your hardware should have at least:

* 4-core i7/i5 CPU, or their equivalence;
    * 3GHz;
    * 64-bit OS;
    * 8GB RAM

Again these hardware requirements are significantly relaxed in the PC version of NaturalFront Unity plugin, including Free and Pro, which offer real-time photo-to3D performance.

i5 CPU might be ok, but physical 4 cores should be there to run the software quickly.

Thank you for you interest.

20. JoMaHo

JoMaHo

Hi!
    I did see it in the description, but the specs refers to being able to build heads «quickly», my question is this:

Will Unity on a mac with less hardware specs freeze?
    It means this: No heads at all.

Best

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  21. NaturalFront

NaturalFront

Sorry for the confusion.

What is implied but not explicitly stated is that, any configuration less powerful will be unpredictable, thus is not recommended.

Out product description for both the Free and Pro Mac-version have been updated to include this.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
  22. NaturalFront

NaturalFront

Hello,

The photo-to-3D modeling in all Windows versions of Unity plugin is now realtime.

The latest Pro-version and Complete-version will enable you to very easily delete any unwanted pose, which will not shown up in subsequent automatic-animation. The whole process is highly intuitive and very quickly.

In addition, the latest Pro-version will allow you to choose between exporting

- 3D model with customized high-quality animation, or
    - 3D model with only the current pose (i.e. without animation).

Please let us know how you feel about the update.

Thank you.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  23. tonypigram

tonypigram

Hi,

I have Unity 2017.3.1f1 Personal (64 bit) installed - latest installation.

I have a Macbook Pro:
    2.6 GHz Intel Core i7
    16GB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

I downloaded the Free version of the plug-in to test.

Whilst loading Unity informs me that "API update required as the plugin uses obsolete APIs"

If I select [No] then when I get to the point of rendering the 3D head, I get an error about "method not found 'UnityEngine.Texture2D.LoadImage'" and cannot proceed.

If I start again with a new project and get to the "API update required" message and If I select [Yes], I get to carry on.

I follow the instructions (load image, select the points) and I get to the point of rendering the 3D head, the dialog shows "50%...." and then that's it, nothing more. I've left the Mac running for 10mins / 30mins it just appears to lock up whilst attempting to do something.

Can you confirm that the Free version of your plug-in is compatible with the latest version of Unity and that it works.
    I am attempting to evaluate this software with the purpose of then deciding to purchase it, therefore I'd like to get the Free version to work for me.

Let me know if you want any further info.

thanks tony

24. NaturalFront

NaturalFront

Hi Tonypigram,

On Mac, to complete the photo-to-3D modeling in a short time, you would normally need a Mac desktop with a fast quad-core i7/i5 processor running at around 3GHz, 16GB RAM. That means 4 physical CPU cores.

Yes, we can confirm the Free Mac version of Unity plug-in is compatible with the latest version of Unity, and that it works.

To verify if it is an issue of Mac hardware, perhaps you can leave it running, as long as your Mac "Activity Monitor" is updating itself and Unity is running. If you have "Not responding" after Unity in "Activity Monitor", it doesn't mean anything is broken or the software stops.

Alternatively, you can try to use a smaller image to shorten the modeling time, since the size of the image is also an important factor.

In addition, you might want to know that

- the latest NaturalFront 3D Face Animation Plugin Free - Windows can complete photo-to-3D modeling in realtime;
    - once it is created, the 3D-face-model will automatically have high-quality 3D-animation built-in;
    - the requirements for your PC hardware can be relaxed.

Thus, if you have a PC, you can quickly test out both the 3D modeling and high-quality animation in no time.

Thank you again.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
  25. tonypigram

tonypigram

Hi,

An update - I used the sample image and left it processing overnight and it worked. Looking at 'Activity Monitor' it seems to have taken about 1hr of processing time.

Okay, I'm happier now - it is working, just a time/hardware issue. I'll try it with a custom image now, knowing that it will finish at some point is no problem.

thanks tony

26. NaturalFront

NaturalFront

Thanks for the update.

• For fast modeling, the size of the face-photo is an important factor, besides the computing power of your computer.
    • Smaller sizes will lead to faster creation, but larger sizes can create more detailed textures, assuming the face takes the majority of a photo.
    • The recommended size is around 1000 pixels * 1000 pixels, on a computer meeting the minimum requirement.

Thus, if you just want to test a custom image, you might try a slightly smaller image.

Please let us know how you go.

27. CrazyApplesStudio

CrazyApplesStudio

Hello , I just got the free version of this plugin and i cannot seem to get it to do anything, i followed the instructions and after setting the control points i press ok for mesh generation and nothing happens , no messages no model nothing literally , am i doing something incorrect?

28. NaturalFront

NaturalFront

Thanks for contacting NaturalFront.

Can you give more details, e.g.

- Are you running the Windows or Mac plugin? and the version number?

- What is your computer's hardware, e.g. CPU, speed, and memory?

- Are you running in debugging model?

- Are you following this tutorial video exactly?

Thank you.

Last edited: May 24, 2018
  29. NaturalFront

NaturalFront

30. CrazyApplesStudio

CrazyApplesStudio

Hi ,
    Thank you for your reply and seems that i installed MAC version by mistake (shame on me), now i removed and installed
    Windows Version and eventually it did generate the model on the 3rd try. Thank you for your prompt assistance.

My specs are:Windows 10 April 2018 Update i5 4570 3.2 GHz with 16GB of RAM and RX480 GPU Normal Mode Plugin Version 4.0

31. NaturalFront

NaturalFront

You are welcome.

Please let us know if you have any more question.

32. NaturalFront

NaturalFront

33. Tanny27

Tanny27

Hi there,

I’m quite interested in your Natural Front software, it’s the sole reason I installed Unity. I can’t get Natural Front to create a 3d head though, and am hoping you know a solution. Here are the symptoms, and my technical details. Thanks for any advice!

SYMPTOMS: Natural Front never completes the creation of a 3D head. The appropriate dialog comes up, and reports 50% completion almost immediately. Then nothing. The Mac beachball spins for 15 minutes or more, and never stops. No head is created. I have to force quit Unity, and the force quit dialog reports that Unity is not responding.

MY DETAILS:

I just downloaded Unity a few days ago, so I presume it to be the latest version.

I’m on a 2011 iMac running OS X 10.11, and my system details are as follows:

Model Name: iMac
    Model Identifier: iMac12,2
    Processor Name: Intel Core i5
    Processor Speed: 2.7 GHz
    Number of Processors: 1
    Total Number of Cores: 4
    L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
    L3 Cache: 6 MB
    Memory: 16 GB
    Boot ROM Version: IM121.0047.B23
    SMC Version (system): 1.72f2

34. NaturalFront

NaturalFront

Thank you very much for your interest in NaturalFront software.

Your issue is most likely due to the speed of your hardware, and is very similar to that of other users.

Please find our talk with the user "Tonypigram" on this same page.

Alternatively, pleases read our reply to users on our product page.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
  35. Tanny27

Tanny27

Thank you for your reply. I do see now this issue has already been addressed.

All I can offer is, are you aware there is a competing product which works fine on Macs even older than mine? I assume you are, so I won't go in to detail. If you don't wish to serve that market, perhaps you could aim most Mac users in that direction?

36. NaturalFront

NaturalFront

Thank you for your update.

We believe we know what you refer to.

Do you want to do this task:

1. You want to create highly customizable 3D-avatars (or 3D-face-models), e.g. looking like you, or your friends, or anyone else;
    2. You want the 3D-avatar of (1) to have solid emotions/expressiveness (e.g. being happy, sad), and talks (e.g. lip-sync); and you want to blend emotions and mouth-shapes;
    3. You want to get (1) and (2) done super quickly and cheaply.

We welcome to open discussions if you want to do this common task, by using NaturalFront software and the other one you refer to.

Our software is designed to complete the above with the easiness of creating customized and attractive webpages, as in this video.

So perhaps you can try to run the software packages, and then write here the pros and cons about each package, especially how you would get the above work done.

Thank you again.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
  37. Tanny27

Tanny27

Well, if you want a head to head comparison review I can offer this. CrazyTalk works well on my machine, your software does not. How I'll get the jobs you refer to done is to uninstall Unity, and focus my time on CrazyTalk. This is a report of my personal situation, and I'm not claiming anyone else should make the same decision, as I know nothing about their situation.

38. NaturalFront

NaturalFront

Thanks for your update.

To clarify your points, let us summarize our communications happened outside this thread:

1. You want to animate 2D photographs, rather than modeling and animating high-quality 3D-face-models;
    2. You don't concern about creating realistic 3D-face-animation quickly and cheaply.

As you correctly pointed out, NaturalFront software is not designed to perform your task. You found CrazyTalk is right for your task,

Thank you for your effort in trying out NaturalFront software, and for sharing your insight!

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
  39. NaturalFront

NaturalFront

To clarify our communications with users like Tanny27, we would like to copy another message previously posted in this thread, and the award at the end of this message is still valid:

>> This looks and feels like CrazyTalk 8 from Realusion

CrazyTalk is currently more widely known. There is no denial for that.

However, you'd better not rush to say "dinosaurs will dominate since they are massively bigger than humans" :p.

Have you run the two software packages side by side?

Are you sure that CrazyTalk is able to

(1) create unlimited customized 3d-face-models, each with individualized professional 3D-animation, as high-quality as NaturalFront plugin, e.g. extensive range of realistic facial movements and and mouth-shapes, which are as good as, or nearly as good as (depending on your preference), the 3D-facial-animation in Hollywood-movies and AAA-games?

(2) allow users to complete (1) as easily and quickly as NaturalFront plugin? e.g. what-you-see-is-what-you-get, as easy as creating a webpage?

Can you create a 3D-space with these axes:

a - the quality or attractiveness of 3D-face-animation;
    b - the degree of customizability, including that of unanimated 3D-model and its animation at any chosen point of time;
    c - cost of time and money for getting (1) and (2) done,

and see

- where you would locate NaturalFront and CrazyTalk software in such a structure?
    - are the differences marginal or substantial?

We would like to challenge you or any other reader to prove what you said

>> This looks and feels like CrazyTalk 8 from Realusion, and their product does everything yours does and more

We would award $1000 to the first one that thoroughly, or even roughly prove this point. You can simply post your finding here.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
  40. rapidrunner

rapidrunner

HI, I have other lipsync solutions that leverage on the fact that a mesh has to be already rigged. It works well for my needs, although I am limited to models that has been already rigged or has blendshapes.

Is your solution able to
    - get a mesh that has no facial rig; and build on it the rig/blendshapes?
    - use audio files on a rigged face, to make it talk; using code?
    - use a partially rigged mesh, like a mesh with only few blendshapes ?

I find interesting the character generation, but mostly I would not be using it since I have other software that create a mesh out of pictures; my main interest is in using what I already have, more than create something new.

Thanks

41. NaturalFront

NaturalFront

Hello,

Thanks for contacting NaturalFront.

From your questions, it seems you haven't watched our explanation video yet, since it has all your questions answered. Thus please watch it here.

We of course can't ask you to change your belief. But we also believe that, NaturalFront's approach to 3D-face-animation is the closest, or pretty close, to the way our own faces work, as explained in the above video.

Can we at least agree on that our own faces works the way that can easily beat all the software on the market,
    not by a small margin, but by perhaps light-years?

42. rapidrunner

rapidrunner

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Honestly I did watch the video, and I must say that it spend more than 50% of the time talking about the problem, and does very little to explain how it solve the issue. Which is why I did post here, to ask directly. I get the marketing spiel, and I am quite allergic to animations, when I all I am interested in is purely the technical details (talking about time and money, I am sure you understand) :)

At the moment I use the face creation tool for Poser, to make photos to 3d model conversion, and few others, like iclone and facegen. On that I am covered; although I have some existing models that were made time ago, and at that time we didn't consider essential to make facial animations, so now I need to animate them.

I do have an artist that does the work for me; although it takes time for him, and I would rather have something that I can use on my machine; even better if it works in Unity directly, so I have one single environment to work with.
    So it is not a matter to change beliefs, it is a matter that the features of your product do not fit my needs, sadly.

I will keep it in mind, if I will ever need to create faces from scratch, especially if your product works better than what I already use. Thanks again for your time.

43. NaturalFront

NaturalFront

Thanks for your update.

The demo videos for NaturalFront software are at:

- Pro/Complete version
    - Free-version

Actually the links to the demo videos are in the comments of the above explanation video.

The purpose of our explanation video is letting users know why we are here in the first place, although it might not be what you are searching for ;)

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  44. NaturalFront

NaturalFront

To clarify our communications with users like Tanny27, we would like to copy another message previously posted in this thread, and the award at the end of this message is still going:

However, you'd better not rush to say "dinosaurs will dominate since they are massively bigger than humans" :p.

(1) create unlimited customized 3d-face-models, each with individualized professional 3D-animation, as high-quality as NaturalFront plugin, e.g. extensive range of realistic facial movements and and mouth-shapes, which are as good as, or nearly as good as (depending on your preference), the 3D-facial-animation in Hollywood-movies and AAA-games?

(2) allow users to complete (1) as easily and quickly as NaturalFront plugin? e.g. what-you-see-is-what-you-get, as easy as creating a webpage?

b - the degree of customizability, including that of unanimated 3D-model and its animation at any chosen point of time;

and see

- where you would locate NaturalFront and CrazyTalk software in such a structure?

>> This looks and feels like CrazyTalk 8 from Realusion, and their product does everything yours does and more

We would award $1000 to the first one that thoroughly, or even roughly prove this point. You can simply post your finding here.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
  45. yunyingh

yunyingh

Hi i am using the pro version for windows, when I tried to export the model, it says failed to export and the console says:
    Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    Assets.Scripts.NFEditor.AppUIWindow:OnExport() (at Assets/NF3DFaceAnimPro21Win/Editor/Windows/AppUIWindow.cs:203)
    UnityEditor.GenericMenu:CatchMenu(Object, String[], Int32)

any ideas??

Attached Files:

46. mendicot

mendicot

Have just started using NaturalFront Pro for Windows, and am getting these errors messages right out of the box (appended below). Have completed head generation, now working on animation.

What does this error mean??

= = =

get_dataPath is not allowed to be called from a MonoBehaviour constructor (or instance field initializer), call it in Awake or Start instead. Called from MonoBehaviour 'PluginConnector' on game object 'PluginConnector'.
    See "Script Serialization" page in the Unity Manual for further details.
    UnityEngine.Application:get_dataPath()
    MassAnimation.Utility.FileLocator:GetCfgDirectory()
    A.: ()
    MassAnimation.ControlConfiguration.Indices.FacePartitionIndexSerializer:GetEncryptedIndexFilePath()
    A.: ()
    MassAnimation.AnimationElements.Areas.AreaPartitioner:InitializePartition(ModelDensity)
    A. : (ModelDensity)
    A.
    : (ModelDensity)
    A.
    : ()
    A.
    :.ctor(Boolean&, String&)
    MassAnimation.UnityPluginConnector.UIController:()
    MassAnimation.UnityPluginConnector.UIController: ()
    MassAnimation.UnityPluginConnector.UIController:.cctor()
    MassAnimation.UnityPluginConnector.PluginConnector:.ctor()
    MassAnimation.UnityPluginConnector.PluginConnector:.ctor()

47. NaturalFront

NaturalFront

Thanks for purchasing NaturalFront 3D Face Animation Plugin Pro.

We have answered the same or very similar issues in this thread.

Can you please search for

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object" in this thread, especially on page 2 of this thread, and read our previous answers specifically about the issue.

Or you can read our latest answer to user "mendicot" below, who might quite likely have the same issue as you.

If the answers can't solve your issue, please try to close and re-open Unity .

If you still have the same issue, please email us all the details, including all the error messages and screen-shots.

Our email can be found at our website at

https://naturalfront.com/

In addition, we assume you are not running in debugging mode.

If your can solve your issue, can you please either update or remove your review at:

https://assetstore.unity.com/packag...front-3d-face-animation-plugin-free-mac-64351

Thank you very much.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
  48. NaturalFront

NaturalFront

Thanks for purchasing NaturalFront 3D Face Animation Plugin Pro.

We believe your issue is the same as that of user "yunyingh", which we just replied above.

Thus we copy a previous answer here:

We assume you are

• running the latest Pro-version of NaturalFront Unity plugin for Windows, and
    • using a version of Unity not older than 5.6.0.

Since the plugin is an Editor extension, pressing the “Play” button of Unity Editor will not animate the 3D-model displayed in the Editor.

Instead, once a 3D-model is created, please only use the Animate” button (1) in the customer Editor to animate the model.

The error might quite possibly be caused by pressing the “Play” button.

If you want to use the 3D-models with animation in other scenes in Unity or other apps, you can export (2) them to FBX files.

>> when I click to export button, I get "object reference not set to an instance of an object" message from
    AppUIWinindows.cs, line UnityEngine.Debug.LogError(eExp.Message);

>> It is crashing while trying to run success = UIController.ExportToFbx(path) command.

Please follow the above instructions, and those in the demo video.

Please make sure before clicking "export button", no error such as "get_dataPath is not allowed" is thrown, since these errors might affect export.

If the same errors still happen after
    • you follow all instructions, and
    • all pre-conditions are met,

can you please include all the detailed error messages?

You can email us these details.

Thank you again for your interest.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
  49. NaturalFront

NaturalFront

To clarify our communications with users like Tanny27, we would like to copy another message previously posted in this thread, and the award at the end of this message is still going:

and see

We would award $1500 to the first person that thoroughly, or even roughly prove this point. You can simply post your finding here.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
  50. ultimativity

ultimativity

Thanks for creating this. My question has to do with the Pro exporter. Once export an FBX of the head, how do I attach it to a body?

Thank