Search Unity

[RELEASED] VRSI VIRTUAL REALITY STEREO IMPOSTERS for VR Achieve Infinite Detail & Complexity

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by LIVENDA_LABS, Sep 6, 2021.

1. shwa

shwa

VRSI V1.3 UPDATE COMING SOON!

Great.!

Will the standalone Quest demos be included in this release?

If not,are there any clear docs that show how one can create this, to be sideloaded into a Quest 2?
    I'm on OSX.
    thanks,
    josh

2. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Hi,

All the demo scenes in VRSI can already be compiled for the Quest, we will soon be releasing a technology demo for the Quest which can be downloaded by everyone for evaluation and installed via sidequest.

---------------------------------
    VRSI V1.2 UPDATE RELEASED! VIRTUAL REALITY STEREO IMPOSTERS

Multiple New Enhancements & Requested Features Added, Such as MULTI-VIEW VRSI, PC / MOBILE Compatibility For NON-VR PROJECTS and MORE! Achieve Infinite Detail and Extreme Complexity in Unity VR with almost zero performance impact. This is a true game changing technology! Purchase or Download the free Demo now to see VRSI in action now.

VRSI UNITY ASSET STORE

Last edited: Dec 3, 2021
  3. shwa

shwa

Great re both aspects.

1. Porting
    I'm running Unity 2021.2.3 on OSX.
    Porting to Quest was a bit a confusing process about a year ago, in part cause Oculus is windows centric.
    I'm coming back to it now.
    Is porting the VRSI demos scenes a simple process on OSX?
    Do you have an faq to do it?

2. Alternatively, if your sideloadable demo is coming in the next week or so, then i'll wait.

thanks!

4. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Hi,

As long as you setup your Unity environment so you can compile to a Quest device, you are good to go. VRSI has not much to do with it actually.

5. shwa

shwa

Thanks.
    Last time i did this, a had to go down alot of rabbit holes, as per osx and Quest.

For now, i'll wait for your demo that can be sideloaded.

LIVENDA_LABS likes this.
  6. Hobodi

Hobodi

Hi. I have a few questions.
    Does this only work with individual mashes or prefabs with a group of objects, too?
    Does it work with GPU Instancer ?
    Is it possible to use billboards in non-VR mode?

Last edited: Dec 11, 2021
    LIVENDA_LABS likes this.
  7. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

It works with anything you can put in the scene, they can be a single mesh/prefab or group them together. VRSI should work with GPU instancer but doesn't really need it as they are already GPU instanced.

With the latest version of VRSI they can be used both for VR and PC and amazing on mobile devices!

Hobodi likes this.
  8. valentinwinkelmann

valentinwinkelmann

It looks pretty impressive. could be a gamechanger. Does it work with Vegetation Studio Pro?

LIVENDA_LABS likes this.
  9. shwa

shwa

Hi Livenda,
    Any chance the Quest standalone demo will be released in the next few days?
    That would awesome if it is.
    Chomping at the bit here to try it out.

LIVENDA_LABS and Hobodi like this.
  10. Hobodi

Hobodi

Agreed. Would love to see a demo for quest and mobile android 7.0+

LIVENDA_LABS likes this.
  11. iichiversii

iichiversii

And still no Quest sideload demo, how difficult can it be just to release a standalone quest demo, seriously?

Has anyone got this working on a standalone quest?

12. iichiversii

iichiversii

And your discord link doesn't work

13. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Hi,

Just checked the links they are working, which link were you referring to? Also, the quest demo should be available very soon, we just got back to work over the holiday period, thank you so much!

14. shwa

shwa

Great re quest demo. Any change it'll be available by this weekend?
    tx.

15. shwa

shwa

Hi.
    Any news on the standalone for Quest 2?

From previous posts and tweets,
    the developer said it would be available "very soon".
    And that was back in late November, 2021.

What is delaying the dev team from exporting it from Unity and providing a download for it?

I look forward to trying it out.

thanks.

16. Brady

Brady

Any plans to support URP?

17. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Yes! will be submitting V3 very soon with complete URP support and many more new features, stay tuned.

Brady likes this.
  18. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

PLEASE NOTE: We have a NEW Discord Channel, the old one will be depricated, Please follow the link to Join the New Livenda Discord, thank you! Server, https://discord.gg/CUbeHw46C5

19. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

VRSI 50% OFF SALE Now On the UNITY Asset Refresh,Virtual Reality Setereo Imposters. Achieve Infinite Detail and Extreme Complexity in Unity VR with almost zero performance impact. This is a true game changing technology! Purchase or Download the free Demo now to see VRSI in action now. https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/slug/206167

20. JustinAHS

JustinAHS

I was under the impression that the impostors could be viewed from any angle.
    All the impostors I've seen are only viewable from one angle.

The "Ylock" prefab is just a plane that faces the camera all the time and displays one static image.
    The "Simple" prefab is just a plane that doesn't face the camera and displays one static image.

This asset is a scam and I will be requesting a refund.

21. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

I don't thing you understand the concept of VRSI, were sorry you feel this way.
    VRSI is possibly one of the most revolutionary products for achieving extreme performance at the highest quality, in VR, Mobile and now the PC. All generated VRSI's are imposter bill-boards with full stereo depth paralax in VR, and they look indistinguishable from their real 3D counterparts.

VRSI also solves the issue with eye-separation accommodation in stereo 3D bill-boards eliminating the extreme pop-out effect so the imposter bill-boards fit the scene perfectly. VRSI aslo supports multi-view bilboards, showing the user the most appopriate bialboards in relation to their position. Please watch the video's a few more times to learn more about VRSI. We have had phenomaly great response to VRSI by thousands of users and you can join the DISCORD support channel if you have any further question. We will be happy to refund your money, just contact us via e-mail and we will do it asap. Thank you again.

22. TrentSterling

TrentSterling

What's going on with this asset? I was tempted to buy it this weekend as I saw it was half price, but I joined the discord and there are people complaining that support hasn't been available for a year now? And 1.3 never dropped? Still no quest demo??

23. thevisad

thevisad

I would steer clear of the asset. There are at least a half a dozen users who are in the process of reporting this to Unity due to the ongoing issues with the developer.

24. Tubbritt

Tubbritt

Has this publisher been kicked off the Unity Store? I own 3 of their assets including VRSI and now I see no sigh of this developer on the asset store at all.