Search Unity

[RELEASED] VR Presenter - App Template for Virtual Reality

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by shakhruz, Apr 27, 2017.

1. shakhruz

shakhruz

Greetings to all fellow Unit and VR developers.

I would like to share my latest creation - VR Presenter complete project template for GearVR.

The idea behind this asset is to accelerate media based VR application development. This is a complete project that you can run with demo content out of the box and then replace content with your own. It allows you to display regular flat photos and videos, 360/3D 360 photos and videos, text labels and audio clips in VR without writing any code. You can place your content either into a folder on your PC/android device or in StreamingAssets folder in your project. Presenter will scan your content folders and display a menu where you can choose which 'presentation' to open.

There are two clients for viewing VR presentations - mobile (gearvr) and desktop/flat mobile 'operator'. When client starts running it will try to find an 'operator' app in the same wifi network. If found, the operator can control which presentation client should display and when to move to the next file. Something similar to Google Expeditions.

The template uses Playmaker state machines for top level logic, so that you can easily customize it, even if you are not a coder.

I hope you will find this asset useful and I'm looking forward to all your feedback and VR presentations that you will create and publish with it.

Please use this forum thread for questions and requests, PM me if needed, find me on facebook - http://facebook.com/shakhruz or email me at shakhruz@gmail.com

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  2. phattanapon

phattanapon

Does it support 2 or more clients seeing the same contents at the same time controlled by one operator? Google Expedition works this way as well as Samsung Gear VR public demos (those with motion platform); and that's what I intend to use in my project.
    If yes then can the operator select which client screen to shows on the pc?
    Hope these are supported :) This is the closest thing I've been searching for.

3. Tryll

Tryll

Hi Shakhruz,
    A couple of questions about VR Presenter.
    1. Is the presenter element supported on Mac as well as PC?
    2. Does the "offline mode" work with any device that can be published to? Oculus, Vive, WebGL, etc.
    Thanks.

4. shakhruz

shakhruz

Yes, Presenter supports more than one clients. When there is more than one, it shows each clien'ts gaze cursor, instead of following it's head movements.

5. shakhruz

shakhruz

Hi!
    1. I have not tested it on a Mac, but it should work, there is nothing PC specific in it.
    2. Not sure I understand the question. Client is for GearVR only right now.

Btw, check out my new product that I see as a successor to VR Presenter - 360Demo - https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/94811