Search Unity

[RELEASED] VR Panorama - render 360 stereo videos

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by olix4242, Jun 25, 2015.

?

What would you like to see added in a future version of VR Panorama?

Poll closed Mar 23, 2016.
  1. Audio Capture Support

40.4%
  2. Side By Side Stereo rendering

28.8%
  3. Automatic 360 panorama metatagging for Youtube H.264 Video Export

30.8%
  1. rahulchawla2801

rahulchawla2801

Is there a direct way to inject spatial media metadata injector from the config?

I see that button in the config, but it doesn't click, how to do it?

2. richardzzzarnold

richardzzzarnold

I don"t appear to be getting any UI overlay in render. Is this possible to achieve?

3. unity_ctTc4wJU_GzRsg

unity_ctTc4wJU_GzRsg

Hi, When I render the scene, it will be everything inside square cube. and images are not seamless.
    How to fix this problem?

I'm using Unity 2021.3.4f1 HDRP.

Best

Attached Files:

4. iichiversii

iichiversii

Does this plugin have "Domemaster" format capabilities?

In a nutshell I need to render a rollercoaster simulation in unity and project it onto the walls of a physical dome (half sphere).

Similar to this https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P9XxVt1llPA

5. buckosmith

buckosmith

I'm unable to render stereo in 4k or higher at any more than 13 quality setting without crashing.

More importantly, the stitching quality in stereo is very noticeable. The parallax issues near the seams are way off and disorienting. Any suggestions?

6. newguy123

newguy123

Check that:
    • you're using a set fixed exposure
    • switch off bloom
    • switch off vignetting
    • switch off DLSS
    Show as a screenshot of the result after checking those 4 items...

7. Nicolai_Ostergaard

Nicolai_Ostergaard

Hi everyone

I recently purchased the asset.

Iam using Unity HDRP 2022, and my fog is causing me some issues when taking a 360 image using the tool.

For some reason the leaves on my trees are getting completely burned out, when taking a 360 image with Fog activated. Any thougths? I have an idea its either the Fog settings or the HDRI sky settings?

Attached Files:

8. newguy123

newguy123

Try switching off bloom and volumetric fog
    Even if you dont have any of these volumes, they could be on by default. Check your HDRP default asset (or HDRP global asset, and make sure its off there)
    Otherwise, you can actually add these in a Global volume, then just make sure bloom intensity is 0 and enable the fog override and make sure its off (enable the tick before it, but then disablke the tick after it, this will disable it)

Also, your trees seems to be missing diffusion profiles from the 3rd screenshot (they must be added in your HDRP asset)

9. soft_sound

soft_sound

Hello, I'm getting a few minor issues. When I try to record sound for my 360 videos, the sound is extremely sped up, I've tried to change the fps to see if that makes much difference but it's not changing it as I expect. I'm not exactly sure if this is a framerate issue. The sound plays fine when I just play everything in edit mode. But the actual exported sound file itself is really fast. For more context, I tried with 30 & 60 fps. I tried switching to other sound systems but it caused far more issues.

The next thing is my .mp4 video is being created without a color profile or something and I get a fair amount of warnings and render warnings because of the video color, how would I go about fixing these issues?

These warnings are:
    Unexpected timestamp values detected. This can occur in H.264 videos not encoded with the baseline profile.

and:
    WindowsVideoMedia error unhandled Color Standard: 0 falling back to default this may result in rendering issues

10. olix4242

olix4242

Those errors are common in Unity. But they are harmless. (this happens with most H.264 videos). Those are just warnings (probably for some other platforms).
    You should read a sectiona bout audio capture. You are probably using wrong sample rate on your audio card.

11. piavomende

piavomende

Hello, im thinking to buy VR Panorama Renderer. I have to do an 360 video gameplay with the oculus rift s. So i guess i have to use the VR Panorama RT addon. But i have to do it in 4k revolution. im usign unity 2019.4.21f1. i have Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8500 CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz, windows 10 home . Can you tell me if this will work out? And if it will work out, do you know a tutorial in which they tell how to use it as a 360 gameplay video, so its also possible to see the interactions of the VR-User. Thank You Very Much. I am hoping to get an reply as soon as possible, im a bit in a hurry. All the best! Pia

12. olix4242

olix4242

You havent specified a most important thing: what graphics card are you using.

piavomende likes this.
  13. piavomende

piavomende

Its radeon Pro 570X. Does it work? Thanks so much!

14. piavomende

piavomende

I
    And if it works, do you know a tutorial that i could follow? Thanks alot!

15. olix4242

olix4242

I'm not sure.. I don't think that a radeon card would work for this task. But it also depends on a content that you are trying to make. You could probably record your motion in VR (with Unity recorder) and then render it to 360 video.

16. piavomende

piavomende

I will do it now on a computer of a friend. he has a brand new one, RTX 4070 ti. It will work right? Do you have a tutorial for me ? or a discription ? im scared i will not be able to do it correctly. Thanks a lot.

17. piavomende

piavomende

do i need a video capture hardware for windows 11 ? can you recommand one?

18. piavomende

piavomende

Did you find a solution? I have the same issue

19. Carlsen1111

Carlsen1111

Hi Olix4242.
    I have a question regarding Bloom and either the Physical sky or a HDRI sky. I am a bit confused whether or not this i possible to achieve since it renders its as a cube map. But The cube is visible especially when the sun is moving from one quadrant to the next. First is screenshot from using Physical sky. 2nd is test using HDRI and a sun sphere. I tried working with your HQ stereo stitching as well. I was just wondering if it was possible to achieve a "realistic" sun in space with your recorder or if I should just skip it all and try to do it in post. Ty

Attached Files:

20. olix4242

olix4242

Sometimes this can be tricky. But it mostly depends on how you are creating that Sun. If you are relying on large radius bloom, then it won't match perfectly. This is because bloom reasons only on visible pixels and it works in screen space. So it actually doesn't know what is outside of a frame to compensate correctly. So, a best way is to replace it with lens flare, or with a particle sprite that is facing camera. You can still always use some bloom, but it should have some smaller radius.

Carlsen1111 likes this.
  21. JaniVR

JaniVR

Is it possible to render 16k stereoscopic panoramas with HDRP unity with this?

22. Carlsen1111

Carlsen1111

FYI, and if other try the same:
    Im trying the lens flare but it has some issues with occlusion - I'm still trying it out.
    Meanwhile I tried positioning the sun center in one of the cubemap renders and rotating everything else in the physically based sky. Then in AE i counterrotated the scene to make the earth the center point. This works but the seampoint(I think it must be the edge of the render image) moves across the scene now. Do you know if this is a artifact I can fix, or if it's the renders god who punish me :). Also thank you for the quick and nice respond.!

:EDIT:
    I rotated the camera 90 degrees on the Z axis, thus retaining the sun in the center position and retaining the seam underneath me. Then rendered out the frames comped them in AE counter rotated 90 degrees on z. And then the counter rotation each frame of the environment. This works very well!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 20, 2023
  23. olix4242

olix4242

It mostly depends of complexity of your scene (Vram usage) and your hardware. So, I can't give you a correct answer on this.

24. ivabibliocad

ivabibliocad

Hello fellow peers. I have a somewhat complex scene in HDRP Unity 2022 for archvis. I tried removing bloom, motion blur, screen space ambient occlusion and fog. The results are always bad. Please advice! Thanks for the help:
    Graphics card: Nvidia Quadro M6000 24gb
    VRAM usage: 2452 MB
    VRAM available: 22069 MB

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 5, 2023
  25. newguy123

newguy123

If you're using DLSS, also switch that off. In my tests with 360s, DLSS makes things worse...

26. ivabibliocad

ivabibliocad

I now have disabled all there is to disable still looks terrible. This is all I have disabled:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 5, 2023
  27. shin9309

shin9309

Hi, may I know why when I try to export out as panorama, it shows up this message?

Attached Files:

28. newguy123

newguy123

DLSS is activated under your HDRP Profile Asset (not the global settings).
    Then, to use it, you have to enable it on your camera by enabling Dynamic Resolution and choosing DLSS with whatever preset. But of course, for 360, this too has to be disabled. If you dont know where to switch it off, it is unlikely that you switched it on in the 1st place and your issue must be related to something else.

Do you have volume override in your scene? All the things you indicated you disabled in gloabl settings, can be overridden in scene by adding volumes.

29. ivabibliocad

ivabibliocad

I've now unchecked all the global volume overrides and somethings are now right, thanks for that. But there is one final issue I really need to solve here and is the blurry effect at both sides of the 360 panorama image. There no blur presets enabled and nothing related going on in the scene so I really now what to do now?

Attached Files:

30. newguy123

newguy123

Hmmm weird. Out of interest, what do you get if you bypass the VR Panorama features and just use stock HDRP Unity with Recorder?

31. ivabibliocad

ivabibliocad

That's the first thing I tried and failed. The result is even worst.

32. olix4242

olix4242

I think that you simply didn't switch really a motion blur off. To switch motion blur off, add a Global Volume, add Motion Blur, then set Intensity to 0, and turn off Camera Motion Blur. Also, on a safe side, turn off Temporal Antialiasing (VR Panorama will do all antialiasing).

33. ivabibliocad

ivabibliocad

The motion blur was the first suspect. I turned it off an all places I knew at that moment, then with help here in other places too with no results. After trying all I could think off I turned the page went on with other stuff that needed a solution and suddenly it was fixed.

The reason is not very clear for me but it has to do with the old standard assets vs the new starter assets. The scene had a 1st person prefab asset taken from the new "starter package. That wasn't working for other stuff I was doing, so I deleted it and imported the old "standard assets" package (2019). It now works with the same settings I had in the past.

34. olix4242

olix4242

So, if I understand well, you have managed to fix it? Or no? If you have any problems, drop me PM and we can arrange a zoom meeting where I can see what is going wrong.

35. ivabibliocad

ivabibliocad

I believed it had been fixed because the room I was using for testing look good but then I tested it on others and problems persist. I'll send you a PM

36. olix4242

olix4242

It might be a problem that there are some overrides. I really don't know without looking into a project.

37. ivabibliocad

ivabibliocad

I sent you a PM last week, then an email
    ?

38. ivabibliocad

ivabibliocad

I've sorted out the problems I have by myself. Thanks to the ones that did help. I bought this product from the asset store some years ago and that doesn't give me the right for anything, but at least you could answer the mail Olivers.

I have another question for anyone willing to help. How would you go about having different rooms in a house an then have them photographed in sort of an automated way. My approach was to create an animation for that camera, move it to the 12 different positions I needed and then choose the option for "animation capture" in the inspector options for the "VRpanoramaCamera" object. The results were terrible.

I would really appreciate any help!

39. olix4242

olix4242

Check your PM.. I've sent you a message yesterday.

40. marcgalvez23

marcgalvez23

Hello,
    I was using Unity Recorder in my project to generate a 360 video file, but the quality was too low. Also, the recorder was unable to render "Aura2" plugin effects in 360 (neither in other atmospheric packages).

Before buying the asset, I would want to know more about the compatibility and if 8K is the maximum quality.
    Thank you.

41. buccchi

buccchi

I'm trying to render a scene with a transparent background as a picture overlaid on a Quest2 passthrough, but the stitching borders are translucent. Is there any solution?
    The environment is Unity 2021.3 and URP, with the camera BackgroundType set to SolidColor and alpha set to 0.

Attached Files:

42. Ceciaman

Ceciaman

img00603.jpg

How can solve it?

This is one of 1000 frames generated da panoramic 360.
    All frames have the bottom image blurry

Last edited: Apr 24, 2023
  43. Ceciaman

Ceciaman

SOLVED:
    i uncheck HQ stereo Stitch

44. DmitryLap

DmitryLap

Hi there! Is there a way to fix issues with post-processing effects applied to the camera, such as Bloom, etc?
    I'm getting this kind of result all the time. HDRP. Thank you in advance!

Attached Files:

45. marcgalvez23

marcgalvez23

Hi, I see that there are some pixels stretching on the bottom of the renders.
    I saw that this is not on the last Panorama trailers from olix4242

Here you can see the circle glitched on the bottom.
    upload_2023-5-1_16-28-3.png

Also, you have a video reference on YouTube about the error.

Please, could you help me? I have the sense that could be the resolution, but I have tried several ones and still having the same issue.

Attached Files:

46. Ceciaman

Ceciaman

There's a way to use Panorama 360 with SALSA?

47. olix4242

olix4242

What is SALSA?

48. olix4242

olix4242

You are probably fthinking about SALSA Lipsync? I'm not sure if a SALSA can actually be synced to a Time.Timescale in Unity. Check with SALSA developer if it can. Otherwise, you should use Unity Recorder package (install it from Package manager) and use its feature to record animations. It can record character animations in realtime - and bake them into new animations. Then assign new animations with Lipsync added, and you should be good to go.

49. Anton005

Anton005

Hi OliVR,

great asset so far! One question:
    When I enable HQ stereo stitch I get this error:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    VRPanorama.VRCapture.GetScreenshotHQ (System.Boolean eye) (at Assets/VRPanorama/VRCapture.cs:1160)
    VRPanorama.VRCapture.SaveScreenshot () (at Assets/VRPanorama/VRCapture.cs:964)
    VRPanorama.VRCapture.RenderVRPanorama () (at Assets/VRPanorama/VRCapture.cs:827)
    VRPanorama.VRCapture.LateUpdate () (at Assets/VRPanorama/VRCapture.cs:702)

Is there a fix?
    Do I need a second camera named "CameraHQ"?

Thanks!

50. Anton005

Anton005

I noticed that HQ stereo stitch only works with 360 degrees, when I switch to 180 degrees I get the error.
    Is it possible to enable HQ stereo stitch in 180 degrees mode, or does the feature only work with 360 videos?