Search Unity

[RELEASED] VR Panorama - render 360 stereo videos

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by olix4242, Jun 25, 2015.

?

What would you like to see added in a future version of VR Panorama?

Poll closed Mar 23, 2016.
  1. Audio Capture Support

40.4%
  2. Side By Side Stereo rendering

28.8%
  3. Automatic 360 panorama metatagging for Youtube H.264 Video Export

30.8%
  1. inod_clement

inod_clement

Ok thank you for your response, i send a bug report to Unity.
    I had the problem before update,I just wanted to inform that I update your plugin ;) And i've better result with update and hdrp scene :)

2. inod_clement

inod_clement

@olix4242 an other point, i want to apply a blur effect in a plane with refraction parameters in hdrp, in game view everything it's ok.
    blur.JPG

But after capture the effect disapear.
    testBlur.jpg

Do you have an idea ?
    Thank you for your responsiveness.
    Best regards.

3. olix4242

olix4242

Sorry, I really don't have any clue, didn't had this type of problems until now. What HDRP version? (unfortunately, HDRP can be a little bit buggy).

4. inod_clement

inod_clement

5. inod_clement

inod_clement

Hi @olix4242 , I switched to Unity 2020.3.6f1 and HDRP 10.4.0 and zero crash with the same project :D Here is the asnwer from Unity....

Hi,
    Thank you for contacting us.

The issue is related to the VRPanorama package, which is a 3rd party package. Currently, Unity does not support 3rd party packages, thus, we recommend contacting the developer of that package for further assistance here: https://olivr.info/

Have a good day.

Regards.

Clément

6. BananaStem

BananaStem

Hi, I was just wondering if there was any news on a version that worked with DX12? Cheers!

7. FireLady

FireLady

I am having the exact same issue. Here are the details:
    - VR Panorama 360 PRO Renderer v 3.2.0 - April 12, 2021
    - Unity v 2019.4.16f1
    - Window 10 Home v 20H2
    - Use case: Want to capture playing a VR game I made in unity in 360
    - Process/ Settings:

Process:
    - Followed the Read Me and Help doc settings, applied settings suggested for VR Panorama RT (see pic)
    - I tried capture lengths of various sizes between 1-60
    - I select record RT to video, press play and let it run

Outcome:
    Screenshot 2021-05-10 212509.png Screenshot 2021-05-10 210821.png Screenshot 2021-05-10 212609.png Screenshot 2021-05-10 212645.png - The game screen goes white, an mp4 is captured but the file is empty when I look at the size and details and won't play in VLC or any video / media player
    - I tested this with the VRPanoramaRTDemo and the same thing happens

8. habibieamrullah

habibieamrullah

Hey,

--> Still Image capture (with a click of a button)

Question: What button? Which one? This very simple thing is not clear and even in the documentation I can not find any info about what button to press to capture still image.

FireLady likes this.
  9. FireLady

FireLady

Just to empathize I feel so frustrated with the documentation. After finally feeling like I solved the convoluted settings directions I couldn't find any notes about how to actually run the capture. AHHHH

10. mgrugl

mgrugl

Hi, I hope someone can help. When rendering in HDRP, These "boxes" get generated in the image. The image looks correct within those, but shifts in color outside. What could that be? EDIT: I have turned off Exposure in the global volume of the scene, to no effect. upload_2021-5-19_22-40-46.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 19, 2021
  11. TheWizardOs

TheWizardOs

Hi there. I'm trying to export from a VR project but am getting nothing but black frames. Have tested on a regular demo scene an it exports fine. What am I missing here?

pilz3d likes this.
  12. wm-VR

wm-VR

Hey there!

I use Unity 2021.1.7f
    HDRP without raytracing features

I try to render a single capture 360 SBS and get the following error message
    --------
    Win32Exception: ApplicationName='C:/UNITY/PROJECTS/VR ART HDRP/Assets\VRPanorama\StreamingAssets\exiftool', CommandLine='-overwrite_original -ProjectionType="equirectangular" "C:\UNITY\PROJECTS\VR ART HDRP\VR_Sequence\img01297637575635341517610Screenshot.jpg"', CurrentDirectory='', Native error= Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.

System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo) (at <480201908ed94ddaa0561e2e6e0ddd4e>:0)
    System.Diagnostics.Process.Start () (at <480201908ed94ddaa0561e2e6e0ddd4e>:0)
    (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
    VRPanorama.VRCapture.LateUpdate () (at Assets/VRPanorama/VRCapture.cs:769)
    --------
    Destroying object "TempBuffer 127 4608x4608" is not allowed at this time.
    UnityEngine.Object:Destroy (UnityEngine.Object)
    VRPanorama.VRCapture:LateUpdate () (at Assets/VRPanorama/VRCapture.cs:722)

I use a RTX 3070 Nvidia and my scene is quite simple. Just a few objects without raytracing features enabled.

The picture I get is very blurry and way darker than my scene is. The error msgs are coming up every frame and I have to quite the game because it slows down.

Attached Files:

13. oliran

oliran

I get weird effects when recording in HDRP in 2020.3.4... Scene looks great prior to recording. Any ideas?

VR Panorama:

Actual scene:

EDIT: After going through forum, I disabled Automatic Exposure but it didn't help. I'm on HDRP 10.4.

Last edited: May 28, 2021
  14. realvfx

realvfx

Is there any way that I can capture the audio and render at the same time? so my scene generates different result due to some randomness.

15. XR-Phil

XR-Phil

Have a simmilar prob. with HDRP Project (if you mean this strange boxes).

img00710637593492090671293Screenshot.jpg

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
  16. wm-VR

wm-VR

Is there a chance to get support?

17. athosrojas

athosrojas

guys i using vr 360 panorama and works ok with hdrp, the unique problem is if you use raytracing features , and direct x 12 but direct x 11 and hdrp its tottaly ok( i tested with last versions of unity alpha) , i started to be a fan of oliver work, and come here to ask about deckhard croma key, cause i dont find a forum for its asset, my only doubt is, deckhard croma key only does croma key ? it does realtime camera tracking for live camera sources? if yes how can i connect a pro cam like a dlrsr in my computer to work with deckhard croma key? i thinking about sell it to local tvs on my country.

18. athosrojas

athosrojas

Anothher doubt , now about deckhard render, i already use HDRP and raytracing features, for normal renders, Deckhard render can be used with HDRP and reaytracing features? if yes , what the reasons to use it?

19. athosrojas

athosrojas

well i see your live on youtube, i need a decklink hardware? is it if is what hardware where i can see it? and another asset? for integration? there exists softwares to turn dlsr cams into webcams, it will work with deckhard croma key?

20. XR-Phil

XR-Phil

Nope...i do not use raytracing or dx12 stuff but still have these shadow areas

21. mrideg

mrideg

It could be caused by your exposure settings - Each time the camera rotates (to capture all 6 images for the cubemap), it tries to compensate the exposure to how light or dark the bit of your scene is that it's looking at. If you add a Sky and Fog Volume (GameObject->Volumes->Sky and Fog Volume) you can click Add Override down the bottom and select Exposure, then tick Mode, set to Fixed. Hope this helps!

jeromeWork likes this.
  22. Reddevildragg

Reddevildragg

Hi
    Would anyone be able to let me know if there is a built in way that allows me to wait for a screenshot to be compleated and then return me the path where it was saved. Currently just modified the source code with my own IEnumerator that saves and waits and then notifies a callback. Its working but i dont really like modifying source due to updating it wiping my changes.
    Is there a built in nicer way that allows me to trigger a screenshot, wait for it to take, and then give me the string of the file path? Thanks :)

23. mgrugl

mgrugl

For anyone who sees these boxes in their 360 images or videos generated in HDRP, it is worth playing around with the volume settings. Exposure, as Oliver mentioned, needs to be set to fixed. With other features, it is a matter of testing. In my project, I had to generate an override for Bloom and turn it off there. That fixed the issue. However, going from within one 2021 version to the next, another appeared. The renders were way too dark, even though it was the same project, just updated. Again, fiddling with the volume settings eventually returned a good result. It also seems to be a good idea to render a couple images in sequence for testing, as the first often looks way different from those that follow.
    On a hunch, I don't think the developer of this asset is at fault here. I am sure he does what he can to keep up with Unity, to put it nicely, evolving their two render pipelines.

24. pilz3d

pilz3d

when I try to render a single 360 image. I get a black image? I use HDRP
    Unity version: 2020.2.0f1
    I used the prefab, and swithed off all objects in the scene.
    Any idea?

Last edited: Aug 30, 2021
  25. Ceciaman

Ceciaman

There is the possibility of using a stereo 3d skybox that also appears during the rendering phase?

I try to explain myself better. I took a 3d Stereo photo with an istapro2. In unity I have added effects and objects. During the rendering phase, can I keep the stereoscopy of the background photo used as a stereo 3d skybox?

26. Ceciaman

Ceciaman

OK Solved

27. buckosmith

buckosmith

It doesn’t seem like the developer is still supporting this…

If anyone else sees this and has tips on fixing a problem I’m having, please let me know.

I’m able to render regular video, but every stereo or mono video I export is blurry. I’m attaching an example of the problem, and here’s a video of the way it should look. https://youtu.be/zsuk1GLuhzY

o
    ne other problem is that I’m not sure how to combine cinemachine movements with this VR pano camera. In a previous post, the developer said to nest it inside the main camera. I’ve tried that and still get blurry video, VFX are missing, and the movement doesn’t work properly. Is it possible to use cinemachine with this???

Attached Files:

28. olix4242

olix4242

If you are using HDRP (always specify this) you have to install a patch on certain versions.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/3tea21t78z98ycp/VRCapturePatchHDRP.unitypackage?dl=0

29. fsnoida

fsnoida

Hey olix4242
    Please let me know, are you going to update vr panorama with dx12 support or i have need to start looking for something new for 360 images.
    Please reply asap.

Thank you

30. jimcraig143

jimcraig143

I tried reaching out as the documentation on the site and with the product is so dated, it does not even show the buttons needed to be pressed to record and save a video.

The issue I am having now, after paying for such an expensive plugin with no documentation, is that the audio recorded is NOT spatial and is not recognized by the injector as ambisonic audio. If you have a method for recording ambisonic audio in unity that is separate from this non-working feature of your product, please share it.

31. olix4242

olix4242

VR Panorama has a full section of 3 pages in a help file (In Assets/VRPanorama/VR_panorama_Help.PDF) with a whole description on what has to be done to configure Unity to be able to record Ambisonics audio. Please read it, and ask me later if you have any particular questions ;)
    2021-10-18 23_53_40-VR Panorama_Help.pdf - Personal - Microsoft​ Edge.jpg

32. olix4242

olix4242

Not sure if I can override problems that exist currently in DX12. Unfortunately, I still dindn't had any luck at hacking it to work with RTX (I immagine that you want to use if for raytrace, right? Might try again with Unity 2020.2 as it is much more stable and has less memory leaks.
    If you are willing, I can do some betatesting with you: come to my Discord channel, and send me a private message and I will add you to a beta channel.
    https://discord.com/invite/mfBQQDGTAg

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
  33. tektonspace

tektonspace

Hi, thanks for the great asset, again, We've been using it in many projects.
    recently we started a brand new project under URP.
    but whenever I hit record after setting up the VR panorama camera on my scene,
    All I got is pure black screen. is urp not supported at all?

thanks.

34. KzoNag

KzoNag

Hi, thanks for the great asset! This is good for our project. However, we are facing a problem.
    The rendered images are a bit darker than the image in GameView.
    My environment is below.

Unity : 2021.1.24f1
    HDRP : 11.0.0
    VR Panorama 360 PRO Renderer : 3.2

Sky : HDRI Sky
    Fog : Enable, Volumetric Fog
    Exporsure : Fixed
    Tonemapping : ACES
    Depth of Field : Off
    Motion Blur : Off

I attach GameView and rendered images for reference.
    Is threre any idea to fix the problem?

Attached Files:

35. mohsenz

mohsenz

Attached Files:

36. carlosrattan

carlosrattan

Can someone please step me through how not to get blurry, seam filled images whilst using hdrp? I'm not sure what overides to turn on/ off etc. Every image has huge seams and is blurry. Thanks in advance.

37. olix4242

olix4242

38. rexcheung

rexcheung

helo, i am using unity 2019.4.31f1 LTS. I created a new project and imported the assets. It returned these erros. Could you please help to check how to fix it?
    upload_2022-1-14_11-46-11.png

39. olix4242

olix4242

You are using an old version of VR Panorama (for Unity 2018). Be sure to download a latest assetstore version from package manager (version 3.2.0)

40. ItsPixelFire

ItsPixelFire

Will this work with 2020.3.11 and HDRP?

41. JumpingGuy

JumpingGuy

That did the trick for me! Thanks!

42. buckosmith

buckosmith

I'm unable to export a PNG with alpha channel. I tried setting the camera background color to black with alpha set to zero, but it doesn't work. The background renders black. Are there any other settings I need to change? Unity 2020.3.15 HDRP.

43. olix4242

olix4242

HDRP pipeline currently has a a problematic apha channel (this isn't related to VR panorama bot on how HDRP handles alpha). You can look here for reasons and possible solutions.
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/hdrp-camera-not-writing-alpha-channel-to-render-texture.741734/

44. buckosmith

buckosmith

Unfortunately I just tried changing the HDRP project settings as suggested in this thread and it has broken VR panorama. It will no longer render and crashes Unity. I’m going to have to go back to a previous version of my project and hopefully salvage things. So I’d suggest NOT trying this!

45. mgear

mgear

Made quick test on HDRP 12.1.1 + unity 2021.2.7f1, using unity forest hdrp demo project,
    but capture comes out like this:
    upload_2022-3-3_22-27-16.png

46. buckosmith

buckosmith

I'm attempting to render in stereo, but Unity keeps crashing. It renders mono fine, but even after changing from PNG to JPEG, checking/unchecking depth buffer, lowering quality, etc. it will not render 4096x4096. It will render 2048x2048 however...

Any suggestions for changing settings so it will render?

47. reona0731

reona0731

Nice to meet you.
    May I ask you a few questions?
    I am using URP.
    I am experiencing symptoms in both 2019.4 and 2020.3 versions, but it is not recording 360 degree videos correctly.
    When I press Play, it starts but immediately stops as a 1KB video with an error.
    This symptom does not occur with the built-in rendering pipeline.
    Is there any workaround for this?

48. sergiobd

sergiobd

[Help with videos and custom shaders.]

Hi!

I've used this asset with great success in the past. However, this time I'm having the following problem:

In our application, we insert animated subtitles by playing short videos. Videos are rendered as a RenderTexture, and then that texture is applied to a plane. Videos have a black background which is keyed out in a custom shader.
    Problem is... the subtitle videos do not appear in the 360 capture (working fine otherwise). I suspect that problem is either related to the shader, or to some sort of render queue problem. Any clues? I expected the Asset would work "plug-n-play" and I'm kind of in a hurry with this one!

Code (CSharp):
    1. // Unity built-in shader source. Copyright (c) 2016 Unity Technologies. MIT license (see license.txt)
    3. // Unlit shader. Simplest possible textured shader.
    4. // - no lighting
    5. // - no lightmap support
    6. // - no per-material color
    8. Shader "Custom/ChromaUnlit" {
    9. Properties {
    10.     _MainTex ("Base (RGB)", 2D) = "white" {}
    11.     _ColorInf ("Color Inf", Color) = (1,1,1,1)
    12.     _ColorSup ("Color Sup", Color) = (1,1,1,1)
    13.     _Alpha("Alpha", Float) = 1
    14. }
    16. SubShader {
    18.     Tags { "RenderType"="Transparent" "Queue" = "Transparent"}
    19.     Blend SrcAlpha OneMinusSrcAlpha
    21.     LOD 100
    23.     Pass {
    24.         CGPROGRAM
    25.             #pragma vertex vert
    26.             #pragma fragment frag
    27.             #pragma target 2.0
    28.             #pragma multi_compile_fog
    30.             #include "UnityCG.cginc"
    32.             struct appdata_t {
    33.                 float4 vertex : POSITION;
    34.                 float2 texcoord : TEXCOORD0;
    35.                 UNITY_VERTEX_INPUT_INSTANCE_ID
    36.             };
    38.             struct v2f {
    39.                 float4 vertex : SV_POSITION;
    40.                 float2 texcoord : TEXCOORD0;
    41.                 UNITY_FOG_COORDS(1)
    42.                 UNITY_VERTEX_OUTPUT_STEREO
    43.             };
    45.             sampler2D _MainTex;
    46.             float4 _MainTex_ST;
    48.             fixed4 _ColorInf;
    49.             fixed4 _ColorSup;
    51.             float _Alpha;
    53.             v2f vert (appdata_t v)
    54.             {
    55.                 v2f o;
    56.                 UNITY_SETUP_INSTANCE_ID(v);
    57.                 UNITY_INITIALIZE_VERTEX_OUTPUT_STEREO(o);
    58.                 o.vertex = UnityObjectToClipPos(v.vertex);
    59.                 o.texcoord = TRANSFORM_TEX(v.texcoord, _MainTex);
    60.                 UNITY_TRANSFER_FOG(o,o.vertex);
    61.                 return o;
    62.             }
    64.             fixed4 frag (v2f i) : SV_Target
    65.             {
    66.                 fixed4 col = tex2D(_MainTex, i.texcoord);
    67.                 //UNITY_APPLY_FOG(i.fogCoord, col);
    68.                 //UNITY_OPAQUE_ALPHA(col.a);
    71.             clip( -1 *( col.r >= _ColorInf.r) * ( col.r <= _ColorSup.r) *
    72.                       ( col.g >= _ColorInf.g) * ( col.g <= _ColorSup.g ) *
    73.                       ( col.b >= _ColorInf.b) * ( col.b <= _ColorSup.b ) );
    75. //            clip( -1 * ( col.g > _ColorInf.g) * ( col.g < _ColorSup.g ) );
    77.                 col.a = _Alpha;
    78.                 return col;
    79.             }
    80.         ENDCG
    81.     }
    82. }
    84. }

49. dmenefee

dmenefee

Hi folks. Is this asset usable for in-game recording? Or is it really meant for promos?

50. rahulchawla2801

rahulchawla2801

Hey @olix4242, I am planning to get the VR Panorama asset cause I am facing an issue with the Unity Recorder and I am hoping VR panorama will solve it.

My camera is rotating and translating while recording, and I want the POV of the camera to be always in the center i.e the first person view.
    When I record my view in Unity Recorder - Game View, it works fine. But when I record it in 360 View, the POV of the camera and recording differs.

I have uploaded 2 video recordings (by Unity recorder) of the same 10 second simplistic gameplay.
    1. Game View
    2. 360 view of the same Game View
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1fECYn_XnQmJeZtAgayxvPKIP8BAgeqwO

I am having a tough time explaining it to others, I hope you'll understand.

EDIT:
    I bought your product, it works as I desired. But I am curious because this is a fundamental thing that is different from Unity Recorder.
    Check this out..
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/pre...-takes-a-steep-rotation.1285427/#post-8173940

Last edited: Jun 2, 2022