Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] VR Panorama - render 360 stereo videos

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by olix4242, Jun 25, 2015.

?

What would you like to see added in a future version of VR Panorama?

Poll closed Mar 23, 2016.
  1. Audio Capture Support

40.4%
  2. Side By Side Stereo rendering

28.8%
  3. Automatic 360 panorama metatagging for Youtube H.264 Video Export

30.8%
  1. olix4242

olix4242

No, you have to apply it to your object that contains video player script. There is no documentation, it doesn't require anything.- Just add a script and it will sync your video player to VR Panorama.
    p. s. be sure that video has a same framerate as your final animation.

2. mrb3w

mrb3w

Hi - I'm not using the "Youtube player" - It appears the same in Premiere Pro, Windows media player, as well as VLC.
    As far I can tell, this is indeed caused by the VR Panorama asset, because none of my other 360 videos have this pinching at the poles...

3. olix4242

olix4242

Is this a stereo panorama or monoscopic?

4. mrb3w

mrb3w

it's monoscopic

5. tedtheodore

tedtheodore

Im currently using VR Panorama to take stereoscopic stills. My outputs are highest quality, JPGs at 4kx4k

I'm getting stitching errors and would like some guidance on what may fix this issue. I have attached some examples

Attached Files:

6. straylight

straylight

Sorry to be a broken record Oliver but do you have any info on the planar reflection in HDRP issue?

Thanks

7. puneettripathi

puneettripathi

Hi
    I am Using Unity Version 2017.4.6f1 and trying to record 360 Video by using VR Panorama 360 PRO Renderer (Version 3.0 ) but unable to do that.

Unfortunately initially facing Issues like:-

my project is for VR Devices so when i place VR Panaroma Camera prefab in Hierarchy and after applying settings for capturing we are unable to use controllers in projects(as left and right head rotation or if there is any UI like Buttons, unable to click that) in play mode.

project contains user interactive activities and unable to do anything at that moment.

please suggest any solution or if i am missing any setting then tell me.

upload_2020-4-24_17-26-37.png

8. sloopidoopi

sloopidoopi

Hi,
    i'm trying to make some equidistant mono still images but after the first capture i get some exceptions :
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Destroying object "TempBuffer 1 2000x2000" is not allowed at this time.
    2. UnityEngine.Object:Destroy(Object)
    3. VRPanorama.VRCapture:LateUpdate() (at Assets/ThirdParty/VRPanorama/VRCapture.cs:729)
    There are 4 exceptions (line729 - 734)
    I'm using Unity 2019.3.7 with HDRP 7.3.1
    A capture could be created only once before these exceptions arise but afterward nothing happens. Would be greate to get a fix.
    Thanks
    (Love this Asset)

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
  9. olix4242

olix4242

Sorry, but I really cant replicate any issue with planar reflections. Can you give me more info on that?

10. olix4242

olix4242

Please be sure to read manual. Vr panorama isn't a realtime capturing tool, and if you want to use it's realtime panorama features, you have to relay on video capture hardware.

11. olix4242

olix4242

Sorry, but at this moment there is no fix for this issue that happens only in some versions of unity. It is probably a unity bug (reported by many users of unity, none related to VR Panorama), and unfortunately, at this moment there isn't any fix for this issue other than trying another version of Unity.
    This looks like a harmless error, and doesn't actually block a possibility to use VR panorama still capture feature.
    What happens is that when Unity Editor meets this error, it stops play mode. When you get this error, go to the console and deselect "Error Pause". If you do so, you will be able to capture as much as you want.

12. olix4242

olix4242

Hi, please check VR panorama documentation and description about fixing these issues. You should try to tune value for Environment distance so that it meets your scene. Ort eventually use HQ rendering mode.

13. olix4242

olix4242

Ok, I've managed to make a little hack that should go around this bug in Unity.
    You can download it here:

Attached Files:

14. isabibble

isabibble

Hi olix4242,

I'm having some problems creating 360 videos using this plugin. I have a relatively simple scene consisting of a corridor with a few lights that change color every 0.5 seconds and a GameObject which moves down the corridor on a dolly track (via Playable Director and Cinemachine Dolly Cart Script). My camera (a prefab VR Panorama Camera) is a child of this GameObject.

When I uncheck the VR Capture script on my camera and play the scene, the camera moves down the corridor and the lights change color as expected. If I turn on VR Capture with VR Panorama RT mode and play the scene, everything keeps working and the game display shows a great VR render. However, when I switch to Animation Capture mode, the renderer doesn't work properly: all of the output images are identical. Whether I render 5 or 500 frames, the camera doesn't move, the lights don't change color and the resulting mp4 video is simply a still image.

Not sure if this is relevant, but a weird thing I've noticed is that every time I start a render the renderer always tells me there is -35791394 min left the whole time.

Also, the console only ever reports the following error during rendering:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Win32Exception: Access denied
    2. System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
    3. System.Diagnostics.Process.Start ()
    4. \(wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
    5. System.Diagnostics.Process.Start (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
    6. System.Diagnostics.Process.Start (System.String fileName, System.String arguments)
    7. VRPanorama.VRCapture.CounterPost () (at Assets/VRPanorama/VRCapture.cs:1529)
    8. VRPanorama.VRCapture.LateUpdate () (at Assets/VRPanorama/VRCapture.cs:710)
    I don't believe this is related, since the problem line here is just invoking ffmpeg, but I figured I'd include this error for the sake of completeness.

I'm using Unity 2019.3.10f, but I have tried building this same scene in Unity 2019.1.5f1 and ended up with the same result (so I don't believe the problem is my unity version).

I've also tried using a Cinemachine camera and attaching the VR capture script to that camera, with the same result. Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
  15. viajero360

viajero360

Hi,
    I am having problems when encoding video if video wasn't rendered from first frame. Lets say I have a video that is 6700 frames and I start from 0, then at the end it has no problem rendering the video. However if I resume lets say from frame 4700 to 6700 it never encodes the video at the end. I even clicked on the encode h.264 from exiting sequence and nothing happens. I tried a small sample from 0 to 100 and it encodes the video again, so not sure why it is not rendering the video if I don't start from first frame. I tried to see if I could do it manually with ffmpeg, but too many codes and not really sure how to use to do it. Can you please help me out?
    Thank you
    I am trying to render 360 mono with png at 4096x2048 30fps with speed vs quality of 24.

16. olix4242

olix4242

HI, I didn't try to use Cinemachine with VR Panorama for a long time. Unfortunately, Cinemachine isn't reliable enough for Non-realtime use so I don't suggest using it -it mostly have unpredictable results. And without putting my hands on a scene, It's hard to guess what might be wrong. But overall, I think it has something to do with Cinemachine taking over a camera. Best way is to create a camera, then attach VR panorama camera as a child of cinemachine controlled camera, and this works in most cases.

Also, I'm suggesting you to use some more predictable workflow: use your cinemachine to make realtime movement, then bake it's movement into simple animation by using Unity Recorder. then use it as any other animation.

17. olix4242

olix4242

This functionality was ment for resuming rendering animation, and not for selecting a range to be rendered. So it will always start from a real number and will not compile into animation if there are frames that are missing.
    You can always use Timeline to trim your animations.

18. viajero360

viajero360

That's too bad as I can't really trim my animations because of the way I make my videos. Hopefully you can make an update it in the future that will allow recordings from any part of the timeline instead of only the beginning. I did manage to find a work around using premier to import the png files to make the video, but not sure if the quality is the same.
    Thanks for the quick reply and for this great asset. Compared to the others in the asset store, this is the best for making 360 videos.

19. olix4242

olix4242

I have examined this issue, dig deep into a HDRP code, and unfortunately, at a moment, due to how planar reflections are implemented in HDRP, there is no any solution or hack for making it to work correctly. This comes down to how planar reflections are implemented and updated in Unity. Right now, planar reflections doesn't support multiple cameras. They get updated only once per Update, and only for one single camera. There is no any way to force update of relfections by a script as any instruction on updating planar reflection gets executed on a next frame and only for one single camera. I will try to submit a request to Unity about changing this behaviour so that those reflections can update on per camera basis, buty untill Unity doesn't fix this on their side, you have to use SSR or reflection probes.
    This issue doesn't compromise only a correct functioning of VR Panorama, but it also compromises any application that uses more than one single camera.

20. Ceciaman

Ceciaman

Hi,
    how can rendering a 3d stereoscopic video where inside there's a video in a texture?

21. olix4242

olix4242

You have to add VideoSync.cs script to any video that you have in scene. It will sync video with capture.

Ceciaman likes this.
  22. Ceciaman

Ceciaman

Thank's

Another thing, i use pegasus for a lnear movement but when i do rendering the velocity is uncostant why?

23. Rudinie

Rudinie

That is a very big problem. Is there a way to manually make 6 renders (one for each angle) and stitch those together?
    I kinda need the reflections to get my video to look somewhat realistic.
    Hope you can find a fix for this asap.
    Cheers,
    Rudi

24. olix4242

olix4242

It's not about me finding a fix. It simply still can not be done with HDRP, ability to work with more than one camera, and more than one reflection simply isn't still implemented in Unity. You can always use SSR, Raytrace or Reflection Probes.

25. olix4242

olix4242

Pegasus had an option to follow unity timescale (implemented by my request). But I really don't remember how it was called. You should check it's documentation.

26. Rudinie

Rudinie

I get that and i appreciate it, thanks for your quick reply. I'm sorry, but what i meant was not for you to find a fix, but for Unity to find a way to make it possible so we can use your asset with planar reflections.

Still, i got an idea, and bare with me because i'm far from a Unity expert, but wouldn't it be possible to "just" change the order in which things get done. First, render all frames with 1 camera, then render all frames with the next, up until all six, and after that the stitching happens. That way, the reflection plane update can take place after each frame, so instead of doing:
    Frame 1 cam_1
    Frame 1 cam_2
    Frame 1 cam_n
    Stich
    Frame 2 cam_1
    Frame 2 cam_n

you'd do:

Frame 1, cam 1
    Frame 2, cam 1
    Frame n, cam 1

Frame 1, cam 2
    Frame 2, cam 2
    Frame n, cam 2
    and then you'd start stiching.
    I hope my idea is clear and that it's possible.

Cheers,
    Rudi

Last edited: May 14, 2020
  27. olix4242

olix4242

Not really, as this would make all animation and scripting systems go nuts and out of sync. It could be done some extent, but it would require practicaly rewriting a plugin from scratch. And even then, in most cases it wouldn't work anymore with image effects like motion blur. And it wouldn't solve a problem with reflection planes, as you would always get out of phase sides. Problem is that reflection planes have one frame of delay. So it would result in strange behaviours in reflections.As you can immagine, it's not feasable to remake a whole plugin from scratch only because HDRP in it's experimental phase doesn't do things as it shlould.

28. Claire22

Claire22

Hello,
    My scene have some UI Text, and when rendering, it didn't show up.
    Does this tool support UI or I have to look for other ways ?

Thanks

Last edited: May 16, 2020
  29. olix4242

olix4242

Ui is supported if it's in world space (like for any VR)

30. Ceciaman

Ceciaman

Nope,
    I write to Adam (Pegasus) and he said tha it's not possible.
    The 360 rendering stereoscopic is eccellent but this uncostant movement is annoying.
    Other ways?

Last edited: May 18, 2020
  31. olix4242

olix4242

I don't see any unconstant movement here. Are you sure that it isn't player on your configuration stuttering with hi res video? Sometimes even an audio device can produce stuttering.

32. Ceciaman

Ceciaman

nope this is only a demo no stereoscopic no 360

all the animation of the movie are costant and linear:
    the walk of the peasant, the birds, the sea...
    if there was a shuttering all animation shuttering but it don't happened.

I suppose that the rendering don't sync frame by frame

Last edited: May 21, 2020
  33. jdeep9

jdeep9

I'm getting the same issue only with EXR export (black background, white camera borders instead of the proper exposure layer), I disabled AA, post processing, the works. Any idea how to solve this issue?
    Thank you

34. Ceciaman

Ceciaman

remove aa olso in general settings and try without pp
    why you need exr?

35. jdeep9

jdeep9

Thank you for answering.
    I did remove AA, pp, now i just have a camera and my scene.
    I need exr to get a layer with the exposure.

36. olix4242

olix4242

Unfortunately, it looks like there are currently some bugs in Unity when dealing with HDR and how it treats alpha. I was able to reproduce this problem. A workaround is to add Post Processing stack, and activate Fast Aproximate Anti-Aliasing, but then if you push exposure up, you will probably get slight white cube borders. I don't even know why this workaround works. I will do some more tests, and see if I can pinpoint where is the problem. But it probably might be right in Unity itself, and in this case we will have to wait for a patch from Unity :( i will see if there are any workarounds in a meantime.

rahulchawla2801 likes this.
  37. olix4242

olix4242

After examining a little bit more, looks like there are some big inconsistencies in Unity and alpha management and PPS stack. Having active Antialiasing produces white borders. Not having them active breaks HDR.
    Just tested with PPS v1 and everything works as it should.
    Here you can try with my modified version of PPS V1 (that can work with PPSv2)
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/gip731519dwkht6/deckardPPS.unitypackage?dl=0

Last edited: May 23, 2020
  38. jdeep9

jdeep9

Thank you, sadly it does not work.
    I'll run more tests next week to see if i can find a way.
    Thanks a lot for answering.

39. bjerken

bjerken

Hi! @olix4242 I have started using the plugin again for a new project. This time around I seem to be getting problems with a blurry render when rendering to equidistant mono. When I render to Equidistant stereo (Top bottom) the top panorama actually renders fine but the bottom is still blurry. I am using Unity 2019.3.0f6. Is the 2019 version still not supported?

40. olix4242

olix4242

2019 is supported. Check that you don't have any temporal antialiasing activated. Can you post a shot?

41. bjerken

bjerken

Hi! @olix4242 Here are two shots. The screenshot shows that strangely enough during rendering the main image looks fine, but the lefthand preview is blurred. The second is the actual output which is blurred. Anti aliasing is disabled on the camera itself, but are there any other settings I should disable? Thank you for the reply!

Attached Files:

42. olix4242

olix4242

You are probably using motion blur global volume. Be sure to set it only on your camera layer, and don't use alla layers for post processing volumes.

43. bjerken

bjerken

@olix4242 Thank you! That did the trick. If anyone has the same issue, I solved it by adding an override for the volume with motion blur set to 0.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
    JumpingGuy and solarflare_s like this.
  44. bjerken

bjerken

@olix4242 I am working with an audio reactive VFX graph. Will it be possible to offline render with the audio informing the VFX graph? Or will the values have to be recorded and the fed into the graph via a script?

45. olix4242

olix4242

You have to record values in some way. Unity audio engine doesn't work respect unity scale system, so everything has to be baked into animations or timeline.

46. V10Tech

V10Tech

HI, @olix4242! I have an issue with HDRP(7.4&7.3)+DXR, there only black renders. With standard renderer or even with HDRP it works fine.
    I just have upgraded to the latest HDRP project, a scene with a cool environment and your panorama camera created.
    Is your tool not supporting DXR raytracing?

47. olix4242

olix4242

Hi, unfortunately, I'm still trying to figure out how to add support for Raytrace and pinpoint why it doesn't work.

48. fsnoida

fsnoida

Hi,
    I am having issue with the 360, i am working in unity 2019.3 version with latest of HDRP and latest verison of vr panorama render pro, please check the image to understand the problem properly,i am not using any post processing , i have been unchecked all in the volume settings, camera is simple.
    Please reply soon

Attached Files:

49. olix4242

olix4242

Hard to guess without more info. But be aware that new HDRP is by default set to use autoexposure. So you have to add volume with override for autoexposure. This is ussualy done bu adding Exposure override, and then setting it to manual - also, it has to be activated. If you deactvate it, it will use default settings, and this is auto exposure set to "on".

50. Rudinie

Rudinie

Holy SH*&T, i think the update to HDRP 7.4.1 just fixed the problem i had with the planar reflection. I'm having a run at it now and it seems to be working just fine. Oh my my, happy customer here!!!! :)

olix4242 likes this.