Search Unity

[RELEASED] VR Panorama - render 360 stereo videos

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by olix4242, Jun 25, 2015.

?

What would you like to see added in a future version of VR Panorama?

Poll closed Mar 23, 2016.
  1. Audio Capture Support

40.4%
  2. Side By Side Stereo rendering

28.8%
  3. Automatic 360 panorama metatagging for Youtube H.264 Video Export

30.8%
  1. jcdeblok

jcdeblok

Any word on dx12 support? it all works brilliantly on dx11 but outputs black when I switch to dx12.

2. jcdeblok

jcdeblok

ohh and motioblur goes a bit crazy on the bottom half of a stereo capture. I realize it's a bit iffy to use MB for stereo VR captures but if it's any easy fix it would be great.

3. dwaltenbaugh

dwaltenbaugh

Hi Oli! Quick question re: ffmpeg settings and using other programs for video editing. It seems like any time I try to pull a VR Pano Cam image sequence into Premiere or even when I pull in an .H.264 video and render it out, I can never get the render to look as good as when I use the standard ffmpeg options built into the plugin. It appears to be a bit depth/bitrate related issue as it has glitchy/pixelated artifacts.Do you have any advice on the ffmpeg settings you're using which we would need to replicate the encoding in something like Premiere? This would be helpful in the case where I'm editing together multiple scenes for a compilation or demo.

Also, is there an easy way to do a quick render from the command line that's identical to the settings in your Encode H.264 Video but allows you to change the end video resolution? So if I rendered 4K stereo images but wanted to encode into a 2K video; it's more or less doing what your "Encode best quality video for Gear VR from 4k sequence" is doing, but allowing for selection of the final resolution.

Thanks!

4. SandboxVRDevTeam

SandboxVRDevTeam

The rendered 360 video is dimmer than the original scene, is it intended?
    And there will always be artifacts on the cube corners, I can't see such in your demo video, how could I fix it?

Attached Files:

• l.png
      l.png
      File size:
      939.5 KB
      Views:
    • a.png
      a.png
      File size:
      767.9 KB
      Views:
    • s.png
      s.png
      File size:
      73.3 KB
      Views:
  5. marcusudk

marcusudk

Hello, i'm trying to use Volumetric Fog & Mist but it does not show up when I render it out. How do I get it to show up?

6. olix4242

olix4242

Hi, you should activate something like "support for multiple cameras" in VF&M. I really don't recall how it was called correctly, but Kronnect made this asset compatible with VR Panorama.

7. Shadowing

Shadowing

Hey I sent two support emails I haven't heard back. Getting a compile error.
    Maybe check your trash idk. Looking forward to using the asset.

8. diverlaura

diverlaura

Hi there, I've submitted support email re: an issue when trying to export a combo of a 360 video and a motion sequence. The avatar with motion sequences renders out smooth and clean but the 360 video behind is all glitchy and like it was shot stop motion (basically speed and frames are fubar). I tripled checked to make sure the avatar asset and video asset had same frame rate etc. but nothing seems to help and I have not heard back re: support. I purchased this with the specific purpose of rendering out project for sharing direct from unity to save what I hoped would be a lot of work but as it stands it is unusable for me. Hopefully we can get this sorted or I'll be asking for refund. You can see the video issue here:

In the unity project via headset, unity build, and the original video everything is perfect and smooth.

9. Ceciaman

Ceciaman

Hi,
    when i rendering a sequence 4096x4096 appear a square halo in video img01079.jpg , why?

10. Migueljb

Migueljb

Turn off any kind of AA you have going on in the scene to start. VR Pano uses its own super sampling so any kind of AA is not needed and will cause the banding you see. When creating 360 videos the only post processing I use are AO, Bloom and Color Grading. Auto Exposure is ok but if not used right you won't see the same in the capture as you see in the game view. Turn off Vignetting, Chromatic, DOF and Motion Blur there not needed and just complicate things in the capture.

11. rapparsven

rapparsven

If I have a 3D model and I want the VrPanorama camera to move along a pre-selected path in the model. What's the best way of animating that path?

12. Ceciaman

Ceciaman

T's Migueljb now it's fine.

13. Ceciaman

Ceciaman

Hi,
    I use PEGASO and all work very well

14. rapparsven

rapparsven

15. Ceciaman

Ceciaman

16. netpost

netpost

I just realized that VR panorama 360 is now supporting GPU recording. This is really amazing! And so much faster...
    I have a question. Is it possible to record videos continuously even when scene change happens? I would love to be able to skip the third party video editing step and edit everything within unity but I haven't found if this is possible using unity only.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
  17. soleron

soleron

Hi, it seems like this asset does not work properly in 2019.3 with HDRP. It ignores the post settings.

Any suggestions?

May be related to these errors?

Destroying object "TempBuffer xx (from 16 to 22, line 729 to 735) 2048x2048" is not allowed at this time.
    UnityEngine.Object: Destroy(Object)
    VRPanorama.VRCapture:LateUpdate() (at Assets/VRPanorama/VRCapture.cs:734)

InvalidOperationException: This cannot be used during play mode.
    UnityEditor.SceneManagement.EditorSceneManager.MarkSceneDirty (UnityEngine.SceneManagement.Scene scene) (at <0a2a5ea3c8ab4e3394576dd407a984f6>:0)
    VRPanorama.VRPanoramaEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at Assets/VRPanorama/Editor/VRPanoramaEditor.cs:688)
    UnityEditor.UIElements.InspectorElement+<>c__DisplayClass55_0.<CreateIMGUIInspectorFromEditor>b__0 () (at <0a2a5ea3c8ab4e3394576dd407a984f6>:0)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility: ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
  18. ElliottMallard

ElliottMallard

Has anybody experienced differences in Post Processing exposure/colours using 2019.3 and VR Panorama. I can no longer get a predictable output. It's almost as if the gamma or tonemapping is totally off.

Attached Files:

19. tbriley

tbriley

Sorry for the necro but I'm also using some HX components and having issues with mono 360 capture, though mine seem to mostly be lighting related. Do you remember how you resolved this?

Am seeing basically this, though in all resolutions. Some parts are fine but some go light / dark / flickering. Were you able to resolve this? Thanks!

20. Waterlane

Waterlane

Sorry - unresolved - but fortunately for me, I could stay with the 4K and it was ok...

21. local306

local306

Hey @olix4242, I'm getting this error whenever I try to capture a still during run-time:

It will keep on posting like this until I stop.

22. tbriley

tbriley

@olix4242 Am seeing what look to be similar issues to others here with dark areas of scenes and lighting. The scenes look fine when running through them but not when rendering out a video - scenes with simple lighting and shader setups seem ok, but those with more nuanced setups like number of lights, use of emissives and Aloy shaders, and more use of dynamic lighting end up with everything ranging some small dark areas that flicker in and out to most of the entire scene being black. We do have some post processing on the camera, including HX Volumetric Camera and Image Effects and Beautify.

Any pro tips as to what else I might dig into to resolve this? Common things you might think of? Thanks!

23. olix4242

olix4242

Ussually, from my experience, this can happen in cases when you don't have enough VRAM available. Reasons for this can be different:
    -some image effects not releasing correctly a memory.
    -Rendering larger resolution than what your GFX card can handle.

24. tektonspace

tektonspace

@ElliottMallard

Same Issue here.
    I'm using 2019.3.0f6

I've tried disabling post/sky/fog/reflection probes to check if these cause the issue.
    but it just gets darker and darker. any workaround?

thanks

Attached Files:

25. olix4242

olix4242

Are you sure you aren't using automatic exposure?

26. rmon222

rmon222

Now that HDRP is released, does this asset support it? Haven't bought it yet.

27. tektonspace

tektonspace

thanks for the reply, so It turns out HDRP can set
    Post-effects outside the scene as a default setting under project settings.

And you're right, the automatic exposure was set to On.
    So I set it to 'fixed' but The grey-ish outcome was still an issue.
    but then after few tests I found out that the tonemapping was causing this issue. (Mine is set to ACES)

please see the attached photo. I have exaggerated exposure settings(to get solid white color)
    while using ACES tonemapping. the result is grey although it's supposed to be white.

am I only facing this issue or is it just the way it is for now?

thanks.

Attached Files:

28. olix4242

olix4242

Not sure what is happening. But, from my experience, HDRP is still having some problems with consistency. I have noticed too many problems (also with usage of VRAM) while working on my Deckard Render plugin. I think that it would be a best thing to submit your case to Unity. VR panorama does some simple things, and they should be compatible with any pipeline (thats' also why VR panorama is still one of the most used and most reliable assets). If those things doesn't work, it is probably some bug inside Unity. But with HDRP, we are mostly in a blind area of developement.
    p. s. I really hate to give answers like this, but I really don't have any means to give some better response. Sorry!

tektonspace likes this.
  29. tektonspace

tektonspace

thanks again, even though there's no clear solution. I guess HDRP still needs a lot of fixes.

about the grey-ish issue. I have decided to manually adjust exposure value in compositing software.(ae,photoshop)
    simply adjusting exposure and offset value gave me satisfying result.

Attached Files:

• 001.PNG
      001.PNG
      File size:
      1.9 MB
      Views:
  30. Parallax

Parallax

Another request for DX12 support for this great plugin.

31. Migueljb

Migueljb

Guess the next step is DX12 support and HDRP so we can start recording stereo videos with raytracing?

32. Mad_ed7

Mad_ed7

I'm using 2019.3.0f6 as well and I cant seem to get VRpanorama to record anything at all. Do you mind sharing how you set up your project?

33. tektonspace

tektonspace

What issue are you exactly facing?

34. Mad_ed7

Mad_ed7

My renders keep coming out as pure black images when I do Video capture and as other colours when I render in 360. Its only when the renders end that I see flashes of what i'm actually trying to render.

35. Toshihiko

Toshihiko

Hi everyone, I try to use Unity Recorder to output VR works as panoramic video.
    Unfortunately, I get the following panorama bugs.

1. Particles made with fire video.
    This happens when the camera is close to the fire.

2. Fire made with LineRenderer.
    The same situation, the difference is that these fires are made with LineRenderer.
    I changed Alignment to TransformZ and achieved the same result with LookAt,it works!
    I didn't expect to solve this problem, which is very weird.

3. Unknown black blocks in the mirror.
    This mirror is made with MagicMirror asset, I don't know why this color block appears in a specific angle.

4. Water reflection bug.
    Does not reflect objects in a specific range.

The above bugs will not be seen in VR, only when outputting as a panoramic video.
    If anyone knows any solution please let me know, thanks

36. mrb3w

mrb3w

I'm working with some 360 capture generated by VR panorama and I've noticed that there's significant "pinching" at the poles - is there some setting that's causing this?
    My colleague rendered the footage, so I don't know what settings they used, but should I ask them to go back and change something, or is this a known problem with 360 capture generated by this asset?
    See attached images.

edit: I'm working in premiere pro with footage that I assume was compiled from image sequence by the ffmpeg process.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020 at 2:57 PM
unityunity