Search Unity

[RELEASED] VR Panorama - render 360 stereo videos

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by olix4242, Jun 25, 2015.

?

What would you like to see added in a future version of VR Panorama?

Poll closed Mar 23, 2016.
  1. Audio Capture Support

40.4%
  2. Side By Side Stereo rendering

28.8%
  3. Automatic 360 panorama metatagging for Youtube H.264 Video Export

30.8%
  1. jcdeblok

jcdeblok

Any word on dx12 support? it all works brilliantly on dx11 but outputs black when I switch to dx12.

2. jcdeblok

jcdeblok

ohh and motioblur goes a bit crazy on the bottom half of a stereo capture. I realize it's a bit iffy to use MB for stereo VR captures but if it's any easy fix it would be great.

3. dwaltenbaugh

dwaltenbaugh

Hi Oli! Quick question re: ffmpeg settings and using other programs for video editing. It seems like any time I try to pull a VR Pano Cam image sequence into Premiere or even when I pull in an .H.264 video and render it out, I can never get the render to look as good as when I use the standard ffmpeg options built into the plugin. It appears to be a bit depth/bitrate related issue as it has glitchy/pixelated artifacts.Do you have any advice on the ffmpeg settings you're using which we would need to replicate the encoding in something like Premiere? This would be helpful in the case where I'm editing together multiple scenes for a compilation or demo.

Also, is there an easy way to do a quick render from the command line that's identical to the settings in your Encode H.264 Video but allows you to change the end video resolution? So if I rendered 4K stereo images but wanted to encode into a 2K video; it's more or less doing what your "Encode best quality video for Gear VR from 4k sequence" is doing, but allowing for selection of the final resolution.

Thanks!

4. SandboxVRDevTeam

SandboxVRDevTeam

The rendered 360 video is dimmer than the original scene, is it intended?
    And there will always be artifacts on the cube corners, I can't see such in your demo video, how could I fix it?

Attached Files:

• l.png
      l.png
      File size:
      939.5 KB
      Views:
    • a.png
      a.png
      File size:
      767.9 KB
      Views:
    • s.png
      s.png
      File size:
      73.3 KB
      Views:
  5. marcusudk

marcusudk

Hello, i'm trying to use Volumetric Fog & Mist but it does not show up when I render it out. How do I get it to show up?

6. olix4242

olix4242

Hi, you should activate something like "support for multiple cameras" in VF&M. I really don't recall how it was called correctly, but Kronnect made this asset compatible with VR Panorama.

7. Shadowing

Shadowing

Hey I sent two support emails I haven't heard back. Getting a compile error.
    Maybe check your trash idk. Looking forward to using the asset.

8. diverlaura

diverlaura

Hi there, I've submitted support email re: an issue when trying to export a combo of a 360 video and a motion sequence. The avatar with motion sequences renders out smooth and clean but the 360 video behind is all glitchy and like it was shot stop motion (basically speed and frames are fubar). I tripled checked to make sure the avatar asset and video asset had same frame rate etc. but nothing seems to help and I have not heard back re: support. I purchased this with the specific purpose of rendering out project for sharing direct from unity to save what I hoped would be a lot of work but as it stands it is unusable for me. Hopefully we can get this sorted or I'll be asking for refund. You can see the video issue here:

In the unity project via headset, unity build, and the original video everything is perfect and smooth.

9. Ceciaman

Ceciaman

Hi,
    when i rendering a sequence 4096x4096 appear a square halo in video img01079.jpg , why?

10. Migueljb

Migueljb

Turn off any kind of AA you have going on in the scene to start. VR Pano uses its own super sampling so any kind of AA is not needed and will cause the banding you see. When creating 360 videos the only post processing I use are AO, Bloom and Color Grading. Auto Exposure is ok but if not used right you won't see the same in the capture as you see in the game view. Turn off Vignetting, Chromatic, DOF and Motion Blur there not needed and just complicate things in the capture.

unityunity