Search Unity

[RELEASED] VR Panorama - render 360 stereo videos

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by olix4242, Jun 25, 2015.

?

What would you like to see added in a future version of VR Panorama?

Poll closed Mar 23, 2016.
  1. Audio Capture Support

40.4%
  2. Side By Side Stereo rendering

28.8%
  3. Automatic 360 panorama metatagging for Youtube H.264 Video Export

30.8%
  1. olix4242

olix4242

Mistika will not render a better stitch (been using it for live camera footage - and it has big problems with doing it correctly and efficiently). Also, you can't use 6 images that doesn't overlap and stitch them efficiently. Not to speak about problems with transparent or reflective surfaces.

2. SRGeodan

SRGeodan

No custom shaders. Standard unity pipeline with standard shaders, no LWRP or HDRP. Unity version 2019.1.1f. No SLI setup. I also see the artifacts in other versions of unity. Thanks for your reply.

3. olix4242

olix4242

I really don't get why this could be happening. Looks like there is some shader or system that is acting on meshes themselfs. It could be anything, but without having insight on what are you using in this project, it is really impossible to tell. But I must say that I never saw anything similar to this glitch. What post processing effects are you using? Are you using some assetstore systems (like sky or somethjing similar). Also, it looks that your roads use some custom shaders. Terrain? From what I see, it looks that there is problem on materials that are on terrain - floor...

4. grahamvr

grahamvr

Hey folks, I've got the 2018.3.2f1 in the HDRP, I have an issue with a stereo 360 render in that the top and bottom of the cube map are rendering out with a blank solid colour any ideas what this could be off the top of your head?

5. dnjsrms

dnjsrms

Hello I have a question about 8K video error
    I have a test with 8k with video capture It appears the crush of unity reporter.
    I want to know how to fix this problem or is that had a solution?

Attached Files:

• 1.PNG
      1.PNG
      File size:
      1.9 MB
      Views:
    • 2.PNG
      2.PNG
      File size:
      37.4 KB
      Views:
  6. Pranav-Paharia

Pranav-Paharia

HI @olix4242 I've bought your plugin and wanted to test in a scene. However I'm getting this error when I try to capturea png sequence out of it.

Destroying object "TempBuffer 4384 2048x2048" is not allowed at this time.
    UnityEngine.Object:Destroy(Object)
    VRPanorama.VRCapture:LateUpdate() (at Assets/VRPanorama/VRCapture.cs:735)

I'm using UNity 2019 version

Can you guide me where I can get it resolved ?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  7. olix4242

olix4242

You have to download a patch here few posts before. (sorry, I'm writing from a mobile while on vacation).

8. olix4242

olix4242

You are trying to render standard video file into a 8k while using supersampling at 2x and your graphics can't handle textures that big (16 k). You have to drop down resolution or set quality vs. performance value to 8.
    BTW, i don't see any sense in rendeing at 8k for a standard video (not 360). Even cinema movies are rendered mostly at 2k resolution, and most PC's can't even play 8k.

9. olix4242

olix4242

i would really need more information on exact unity version, SRP's, your projecct settings, VR Panorama settings.. and anything that caould be of a help. This error shouldn't happen - so it caould be hardware, project or version realted.

10. small1

small1

bottomBlank.jpg
    Hi! We are using your fantastic asset to create a linear stereo version of one of our VR experiences. We are having some issues involving missing part of the capture in the output latlong render (see the image attached below). Do you have any idea what may cause such an issue? We are using the HQ stereo option to have a better stereo.

Thanks,

11. Pranav-Paharia

Pranav-Paharia

Agreed! I share the repo ? You can open it in Unity 2019.1.6f1

12. AquaGhost

AquaGhost

@olix4242 we tried to record 360 video of an HDRP project, and the view was completely pink. Is this a known issue. We are using the latest version on 2019.1.5

13. PwC-CZ

PwC-CZ

Hi folks, I have just purchased the plugin to render 360 videos for VR headset (Oculus Quest) and got completely stucked: 360 video is rendered, displays correctly on PC. When I upload it to Oculus Quest, there is just blank screen (green), even after injecting spatial metadata. How can I make it work? Looking forward to Your suggestions! Martin

14. olix4242

olix4242

You have to check what is a video resolution supported by Quest. If you render larger resolutionor framerate than supported by device,video will render green or stutter. I'm sorry, but I don't have this info for quest right now: I'm still on vacation and writing from a phone with lousy internet connection.

15. olix4242

olix4242

16. olix4242

olix4242

This looks like if you are having problems with camera near Clipping plane. Try to set it to some smaller values.

17. dandib

dandib

I am trying to record a 360 walk-through of my Unity project. I downloaded and installed VR Panorama and I'm trying to use the Real Time Capture so I can record a video of me walking around the unity project in edit mode. However, the second I press play to start recording and walking around, the screen turns white until it reaches the final frame of the recording and because of that I can't see where my player is so I can move him.
    Did I miss something? Am I supposed to record the movement of the player before and then just have him move on a prerecorded path?
    Unity 2018.2
    PC
    GeForce GTX 1080

Thanks for the help.

18. PwC-CZ

PwC-CZ

Good point, thanks! Maximal resolution for Quest is actually 3840x3840.

New challenge: No audio in rendered videos - I do capture audio (file is generated, but completely silent). Any ideas?

[I am using Unity 2019.2]

19. dkjeong-3df

dkjeong-3df

I am creating media pasad content using VRPanorama.
    I'd like to know what system environment can render 8K.
    Hope your help!

20. dkjeong-3df

dkjeong-3df

Hello olix4242,

I'd like to develop the 8K contents for Samsung 8K TV so I need your help! ^^

21. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

Can I get h.265 support?

22. sekever-n00b

sekever-n00b

Hi!
    I only need pano Images for (Unity or other, backgrounds) not movies. (at least for now). Do you have any interest for a second asset like that ?

23. Lordmin

Lordmin

test.png
    <Here's a screenshot of the bottom of the sphere.>

Capture Mode: Still Image
    Capture Type: Equidistant Mono
    Capture Angle: 360

With the above settings, I saved my 360 Still Image.

We are going to create a Unity Sphere GameObject to apply a 360 Still Image to that Material Texture and use it as a Map.

But there was a big problem. The floor and ceiling are extremely cracked.

Is there a way to solve this?

24. ElliottMallard

ElliottMallard

Has anybody found a way for this to capture planar reflections in HDRP?

25. cly3d

cly3d

This is still the best equirectangular stereo capture solution for video from Unity. Thanks @olix4242
    I would like to know, would it be possible to include a mode for 2D+depth. There's a growing interest in 6DOF (even if not truly 6Dof) video for HMDs like the Oculus Quest.

I guess one can use a shader such as from here and do a separate render:
    but I wanted to know if you'd be able to integrate such a mode where it's mono color video on top and bottom is the depth map?

26. AdamOosthuizen

AdamOosthuizen

Getting strange artefacts in the capture of my sky using HDRP Procedural Sky 2019.3,
    Should I use a skybox instead?
    Is there any way to capture Equirectangular straight out of HDRP? Needed urgently.

Attached Files:

27. olix4242

olix4242

Not sure really. This probably varies from version to version of HDRP. HDRP is still in beta, and it could be pretty problematic to track all issues that might arrise from this new shader workflow. It pretty depends if features introduced by HDRP can render correctly into a render texture or not. We developers really don't have many possibilities to controll many features or bugs in this stage of a HDRP workflow developement.
    You should probably try to go with skybox instead. Or try to bake your procedural sky into a reflection probe. But I'm not sure if this can work.

28. olix4242

olix4242

This is due to a low poly sphere that you are using (it has some UV mapping problems). You have to use high poly sphere. You can use Stereo Sphere model that comes with VR Panorama.

29. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

Bump

30. AdamOosthuizen

AdamOosthuizen

Is there a version of HDRP that you would recommend? I saw that you took a recording of Book of the Dead here:

31. olix4242

olix4242

This was done with one of the first releases of HDRP. But that demo even doesn't work on new HDRP releases (just to say that even Unity themselfs can't keep compatibility between versions of HDRP).

32. olix4242

olix4242

Not sure. I will see if this can be done. But I'm not suggesting to use this codec as it isn't edit friendly.

33. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

Thanks for reply

34. disny1234

disny1234

Hello,
    I am using hdrp with deferred rendering, all reflections are black in 360 render, everything fine in unity editor.
    Output is fine when using forward rendering with hdrp but now i have need to use deferred rendering to show accurate reflections in my scene.
    i have been updated the package in my project as you had told me in our last discussion.
    So please help me.
    Reply soon
    Thank you

35. jeromeWork

jeromeWork

@olix4242 I tried to render Nature Manufacture's Meadow Environment with A.W.E.S.O.M.E Technologies's Vegetation Studio Pro, but the instanced vegetation isn't being rendered. Using the latest VR Panorama 360 Pro Renderer version in Unty 2018.3.8.

I'm guessing this is caused by your cameras not being registered by Vegetation Studio Pro.

Have you or anyone else tried a similar set-up?

36. jeromeWork

jeromeWork

Also... Trying to use Enviro but the top part of the sky is noticeably darker. (Standard rendering pipeline not HDRP)
    Are procedural skies not supported? I see posted above that you recommend just using a skybox (not ideal as I want a day/night cycle with clouds and weather)

Any way to get this to work?

EDIT. After doing some more testing, I'm now not so sure that the problem is with Enviro's procedural sky. Any open space, even with the default sky gives me the same dark patches in the sky, and I've also noticed a bright square on the ground around the player, and an area (if you rotate to the back which is also exposed brighter than the rest of the panorama
    I've tried changing to HQ Stereo Stitch (experimental) and altered the Environment Distance value (both very small and very large and everything in between) but nothing makes any difference.

EDIT 2:
    Ok, got it :D For anyone coming across this at a later date.... You need to make sure that you turn off Auto Exposure on your Post Processing Volume Profile. Makes sense. The multiple cameras are all auto-adjusting their exposure independently of each other.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
    olix4242 likes this.
  37. jeromeWork

jeromeWork

@3d_Artist1987 I highly recommend a read of the Headjack video encoding articles (in chronological order):
    https://headjack.io/blog/best-encoding-settings-resolution-for-4k-360-3d-vr-videos/
    https://headjack.io/blog/hevc-vp9-vp10-dalaa-thor-netvc-future-video-codecs/
    https://headjack.io/blog/360-video-cloud-encoding-profiles/

The final one in particular has their final recommended settings which work just great for me. The difference in quality between h.264 and h.265 for playback on a Quest is phenomenal.

If you've downloaded a static ffmpeg build it'll have the codec ready to use (see: https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Encode/H.265)
    Open a command line window in the same dir as the exe and run this for a 4K 4096x4096 30fps render from VR Panorama 360 PRO Renderer (obviously tweak as required and change the path to your image sequence and audio):

Code (CSharp):
    1. ffmpeg -i "D:\VR_Sequence\img%05d.png" -i "D:\VR_Sequence\VR_Sequence.wav" -c:v libx265 -crf 17 -maxrate 120M -bufsize 150M -vf "scale=4096x4096" -pix_fmt yuv420p -c:a aac -b:a 192k -r 30 -movflags faststart "D:\VR_Sequence\Forest_H265_360_TB.mp4"

Encoded file is obviously quite big but it's the first time I've managed to get the same quality/clarity of a Felix & Paul 360video

38. jeromeWork

jeromeWork

@olix4242 I've noticed you have errors in your VRPanoramaEditor.cs script which means that no audio will be encoded if using a custom path.

On lines 512 and 532
    the following
    Code (CSharp):
    1. if (System.IO.File.Exists(VRP.Folder + "/" + VRP.Folder + ".wav"))
    should be
    Code (CSharp):
    1. if (System.IO.File.Exists(VRP.fullPath + "/" + VRP.Folder + ".wav"))
    Line 509 also has a typo (h.246 rather than h.264) :)
    Code (CSharp):
    1. if (GUILayout.Button("Encode H.246 Video From Existing sequence "))

39. olix4242

olix4242

Yes, this usually can make problems. It is mentioned in help file and many times here on forum. I know that it might seem counterintuitive, but a best way to deal with exposure is using manual settings and zones.
    H.265 can probably play better on some devices. But it is a format that isn't well supported by most hardware, and is editing unfriendly. I will probably include ability to export to that format out from box
    Thanks, I have missed that one. o_O

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  40. olix4242

olix4242

When using VR Panorama (or VR) bilboards aren't a best thing as from above, they will get rendered incorrectly. If they are camera facing billboards, they will keep turning. If they are fixed billboards, they will disappear when looked from above. Fixed oriantation billboards work somewhat better. But VR (and so VR panorama) mostly has best results when using a mesh grass.

41. jeromeWork

jeromeWork

Thanks, I'm familiar with the issue with billboards in VR, but I'm actually getting no vegetation spawned at all. It's more like VSPro isn't registering your cameras and so isn't instancing any vegetation at all.

42. olix4242

olix4242

I don't have VSPro, but from what you are saying and from what I've read, it is probably that VSpro doesn't support multiple cameras out of box, or that it doesn't know how to register too all cameras that are rendering.
    I suggest you to contact developer and see if he can make changes, or a script that should be added to a camera that has to be registered to VSPro culling system. Any script that is attached to VR Panorama camera will be duplicated, so a simple script that can read camera attached to a camera object should do fine. Only 'problematic' thing could be if VSPro architecture was made so that it can't use multiple cameras (and this would be a pitty).

43. jeromeWork

jeromeWork

Yeah, I'll follow it up with him. It does work in VR but the multiple cameras may need additional coding. I was hoping someone else had already tried it :) Thanks.

44. sekever-n00b

sekever-n00b

Hi!
    Since this asset capture environment with cameras (dont know how many cameras) facing out words, is it also possible to capture with cameras facing in words with given distance.; mmm, what im trying to accomplish is to capture planets (given prefab object) surface and make a simple panorama image of it

45. mayasasson2000

mayasasson2000

Hi there,

I've very recently purchased VR Panorama 360 Pro in hopes that it would be a quick and easy way to convert my Unity project into a 360 video. Unfortunately, whenever I try to start the render process I keep getting this error. I'm on a mac and I have no idea what to do to get this to work, I've tried enabling admin access, and doing the same for the folder it's rendering to... No dice! Please help me solve this issue. Thanks.

Win32Exception: Access denied
    System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo) (at <735c83e43c004ee998f77c68cf8035da>:0)
    System.Diagnostics.Process.Start () (at <735c83e43c004ee998f77c68cf8035da>:0)
    (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
    System.Diagnostics.Process.Start (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo) (at <735c83e43c004ee998f77c68cf8035da>:0)
    System.Diagnostics.Process.Start (System.String fileName, System.String arguments) (at <735c83e43c004ee998f77c68cf8035da>:0)
    VRPanorama.VRCapture.CounterPost () (at Assets/VRPanorama/VRCapture.cs:1525)
    VRPanorama.VRCapture.LateUpdate () (at Assets/VRPanorama/VRCapture.cs:710)

46. olix4242

olix4242

Hi,
    VR Panorama is fully compatible with Mac OS. You should be sure that you don't have your system security blocking execution (having privilegies) of external applications.
    -Go to the Assets/VRPanorama/StreamingAssets folder and check if you have privilegies for file execution and that MacOS isn't blocking FFMPEG file. (How to set privilegies? Call "chmod u+x" on the ffmpeg-binary (from terminal), and it should work.)

Easier way, if you don't know how to use terminal would be to follow this steps:
    1) To install FFMPEG go to https://www.ffmpeg.org/ and download FFMPEG package. Download a Static version of right package for your OS.

2) Find FFMPEG executable in package that you've downloaded. You can find it in a folder BIN with a name FFMPEG.exe (for win) or FFMPEG for MacOS.

3) Place this file into your project at Assets/VRPanorama/StreamingAssets folder. If it doesn't work, check if you have privilegies for file execution and that MacOS isn't blocking FFMPEG file. (How to set privilegies? Call "chmod u+x" on the ffmpeg-binary (from terminal), and it should work.)

Hope this helps

47. kevin-masson

kevin-masson

Hi,

I'm interested in using your tool to take 360 still images. But first, I have some questions :

- If i'm not wrong, it supports SS effects like AO, SSR, Vignetting and more ?
    - Is it based on the Unity equirectengular/cubemap system ?
    - Also, it looks like we can't use your tool for web. Is it also true for screenshots ? And what are the limitations ?

48. AlessandroElifani

AlessandroElifani

Hello,

I've used VR Panorama 360 PRO for several projects, always with excellent results.
    This time I'm rendering a big environment scene from above and i've noticed strange behaviour with wind, water and sky.

It looks like there is a sort of timelapse mode enabled that double or more the speed of these effects.
    It only happens when rendering and not in play mode.

Does someone have any clues on how to solve it?

Thanks in advance

*Edit: This behaviour happens also when using 360 video as skyboxes. Even if the video should last 1 minutes, it lasts 14s
    *Edit 2: I managed to solve this behaviour on 360 video as skyboxes by disabling the loop, still unsolved on the rest of the scenes

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
  49. Eco-Editor

Eco-Editor

Hello OliVR,
    Will the free VR Panorama work with post processing stack? It seems we have issues with combining the PP stack with VRPanorama. Will the paid version have more features to support it? Looking to see if we need to get the full version. Thank you.

50. Eco-Editor

Eco-Editor

Hello,
    I'm having some issues with capturing the Post Processing (stack v2) effects.
    Is there a solution to this issue?

Thank you

unityunity