Search Unity

[RELEASED] VR Panorama - render 360 stereo videos

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by olix4242, Jun 25, 2015.

?

What would you like to see added in a future version of VR Panorama?

Poll closed Mar 23, 2016.
  1. Audio Capture Support

40.4%
  2. Side By Side Stereo rendering

28.8%
  3. Automatic 360 panorama metatagging for Youtube H.264 Video Export

30.8%
  1. olix4242

olix4242

VR Panorama can work only with Unity audio engine. There is no support for third party engines. Sorry about that.

2. olix4242

olix4242

3. olix4242

olix4242

You can search for a texture called "fade180" and edit it's alpha channel.

4. olix4242

olix4242

You should apply this patch:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/cn0xd2c76b2jr2h/VRPanorama2019fix.unitypackage?dl=0

5. disny1234

disny1234

hey OliVR,

It's working.
    Thank you!!!

olix4242 likes this.
  6. olix4242

olix4242

No, this isn’t a tool for playing 360 videos, but for making them.

andre-ivankio likes this.
  7. andre-ivankio

andre-ivankio

My mistake, sorry about the confusion, thanks for the reply.

8. NoReal_info

NoReal_info

Hi,
    I imported this package from Asset Store in my Unity 2018.3.3 scene with HD SRP. I bought the asset in 2017 so I decided to import the new version 3.0 because the compatibility with both Unity 2018 and HD SRP. I have created many camera with Cinemachine and I need to grab a simple Video Capture without audio. I attach the VR capture script to the CM vcam game object and I hit the play button. VRpanorama 360 PRO capture starts the rendering process but even if the camera is moving correctly the frames captured are all copies of the first one. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any suggestion or help....

9. olix4242

olix4242

If you are using cinemachine, you have to make second camera as a child of main cinemachine camera - and use VRPanorama from there. Otherwise cinemachine will take control of all of your cameras leading to a problem that you are having.

10. eeddddd

eeddddd

Hi,
    I'm working on a video piece on narrow LED screens that wrap around a space.
    I'm trying to render a video panorama at 10240(w) x 360(h)px and it's squishing and distorting the video output.
    Any suggestions about how best to output this file?
    Thanks for any suggestion or help.

11. Polaaa

Polaaa

@olix4242 Hello, I'm already sending you an email.

Attached Files:

12. olix4242

olix4242

I think that you posted in a wrong forum ;) That was for my Deckard Render, right?
    p. s. You can send me a private message here with your invoice number.

13. olix4242

olix4242

Well, if your projection walls arent 360 spherical, I don't think that you can use VR panorama for projection. Atleast, not in this way. You have to render a whole panorama, and then eventually crop final video to fit your screens. Using a streched resolution will always give you a stretched image.

14. mblt2334

mblt2334

question for @olix4242? whenever I try to render my animation at 8K, the encoded video glitches and I get weird artifacts do you have any tips on fixing this? is is something with FFMPEG? or perhaps the bit rate? I have a pretty hefty machine and it seems like the still frames in the VRsequence themselves do not have these imperfections. Thanks!

15. olix4242

olix4242

It is probably on your video player. 8k videos are still pretty impossible and hard to play on most machines (even 4k videos can be hard, but 8k videos use 4 times more data and probably don't even support hardware decoding).

16. mblt2334

mblt2334

thanks @olix4242. didnt think about that but it makes sense. ive been trying to figure out how to get clean stereoscopic video for youtube, even 4k stereoscopic looks pretty blurry, so im probably just going to use 4K monoscopic for my project, while theres no 3D immersion it still looks pretty clean in a cardboard viewer

17. willygaelhypnovr

willygaelhypnovr

Hello,

I've got a scene that looks like the image1 in the Unity Editor, just before hitting the play button.
    When I play the scene whitout VRCapture enabled, the scene renders fine (as shown in the image1).
    But when I play the scene with VRCapture enabled, the scene renders wrong (as shown in the image2) (Don't worry about the vegetations appearence, it's not the problem here). More specifically, the lights colors arent token into acount by the rendering process.

I'm using Unity 2018.3.5f1, with SunShaft as image effect on the Camera.

I'd like to know how to resolve this.

Thank you.

Willy Gaël

Attached Files:

18. olix4242

olix4242

Sun shaft efffect isn't VR compatible (or even stereo), it is a standard image fake volumetrics effect, and shouldn't be used when dealing with VR or 360 panoramas as it will always end in a wrong result.
    If you need this kind of effects, you have to use trully 3d volumetric effects like HX Volumetric Lightting.

bolorbatbold1 likes this.
  19. willygaelhypnovr

willygaelhypnovr

Thank you for the advise and for you reply. I'll give it a try.

20. eeddddd

eeddddd

Thanks for your tip, really appreciate it!

21. Wez01

Wez01

Heya Olix4242,

I've got your plugin generating 360 videos nicely so far but I have two issues that I've been search and searching to resolve without success
    - Audio recording is recorded at a very high speed. Project Audio settings are set to Quad, 44100 sample rate, audio clips I've tried various formats. The audio is fine within OsX and Unity itself. I'm clearly missing some option somewhere but I can't find it. The audio plays back correctly while it is recording the audio as well just the wav file created says its 44100 as well but is pretty much double speed
    - The second issue was generating 360 stereo panoramas for the Oculus Go and also Oculus Quest (not tried the quest yet). 4kx4k 30fps videos come up pink in the GO. Is there a way to put in values into the FFMEG as to get different outputs. (the videos play fine on a desktop machine)
    - The button for GearVR is great if there was also an option for Quest and GO (and likely other HMD's as well). I did notice that the GearVR setting got me content I could play in a GO though it played quite poorly and I'm not sure quite why.

The audio is the main issue for me at the moment. Just stumped that I can't seem to find any option to solve it or some recommendations online that could lead to a solution. Thanks for any assistance

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  22. olix4242

olix4242

Do you have a quad audio hardware? Unity will effectively use quad audio only if you actually have 4 channel (or more) output hardware, otherwise it will default to 2 channels - leading to incorrect audio speed. Audio system in Unity is tightly tied to hardware, so without proper hardware, audio won't be processed correctly.

It really depends on what player are you using on Oculus Go. There is no any standard resolution/framerate that can be used (like it was on Gear) so you have to check documentation for different players.

Wez01 likes this.
  23. Wez01

Wez01

Thanks Oli. I did know that was an issue but didn't realise that was the effect. I do have quad hardware but online have an audio jack out on my laptop. I did have an oldish extern USB sound card I might try and find to see if that does the job. Is there anyway I can gain quad audio on Mac that you are aware of? I will do a bit of research myself and see what I can find.

Just the standard Gallery in GO is all I'm using. Cheers for the reply I'll investigate things further.

24. olix4242

olix4242

I think, as I remember, but can't test it - Oculus Gallery supports max 4K resolution (3840 x 2160). Not sure, but there was a limit on vertical resolution.. if you go any higher for horizontal, you have to render at 30 fps.

I'm not a Mac user, so I really don't know. Sometimes attaching HDMI port to a monitor or TV saet that has support for surround could 'fool' your system that you are using 5.1 speakers.

25. kukuhbasuki

kukuhbasuki

Hi, this asset is not working with 2019.1.5f1 please update.

26. olix4242

olix4242

Can you describe your what isn't working?

27. kukuhbasuki

kukuhbasuki

sorry, it caused by other script errors, VR Panorama is working well :)

olix4242 likes this.
  28. scobot

scobot

Hi, I tried capturing a 2D 4K video render (selected "Video Capture") but get "Display 1 no cameras rendering" error when I hit play. It captures "pink" png files. If I set the same camera to any of the equidistant options, works fine. This is the default VR Panorama camera prefab, no settings changed other than capture type. Am I missing something? Is there a render texture I need to set up for "Video Capture"? I thought it would be a simple 16:9 png image. I'm using Unity 2017.2.1f with Panorama V1.9 - like I said, 360 works great. :) Thanks!

29. olix4242

olix4242

You haver to update to version 3.0. V1.9 is an old verssion that isn't supported by Unity 2017.2

30. scobot

scobot

Oh. Ok. 360 capture works good - I just figured I could also do video capture as well. V1.9 worked better for 360 capture in my 2017.2 project than the (then) version (there were stitching problems, so I just stuck with V1.9) Thanks for the info.

31. scobot

scobot

New Unity 2019.1.0f2. with latest(?) VRPanorama from asset store (help file still says version 1.9) When capture type is set to "Video Capture" no video is captured, and I get the error "Display 1 no cameras rendering" as well as this in the console:

"Disconnecting is no longer implemented
    UnityEditor.PrefabUtility:DisconnectPrefabInstance(Object)
    VRPanorama.VRPanoramaMenu:CreateVRCameraObject(MenuCommand) (at Assets/VRPanorama/Editor/VRPanoramaMenu.cs:17)"

FFMPEG is installed in Assets/VRPanorama/StreamingAssests folder.

Thanks for help.

32. JabsStudio

JabsStudio

I'm having problems capturing the video in 360 especially because the scene is mounted by the timeline component which launches the animations and activates and deactivates gameObjects, I can not capture the timeline.
    I have the feeling that the capture is not running synchronized with my timeline.

Thank you very much for your attention,

Greetings,

33. Migueljb

Migueljb

Where can I change in the code the setting for the SS Anti-Aliasing:4X? Can it be changed to say 8X and why is it dependent on the quality slider can it be its own dependent from off to say 2x 4x and 8x just like MSAA is in unity quality settings.

If im in the deferred rendering path mode does this even apply to rendered out 360 video as well.

34. Boegi

Boegi

Hello Olix4242,

First - thank you for the asset and your support here in the forum.

I wonder if you have a hint for me on how to make my scene loop seamlessly. (Animations, Windzone etc. The last video frame should match the first frame of the movie)

- Reason: I want to create a short (10s) 360 Clip to use it as a Skybox in a VR project.

I know this requirement is not a part of the features of your asset - but maybe you have some knowledge you can share?

Thanks in advance

/Boegi

35. olix4242

olix4242

Don't confuse VR Panorama supersampling with MSAA. Those are completely different technologies, and MSAA works only with forward rendering. VR panorama SSAA works with both defered and forward.
    No, you can't set it to 8X as this would require extremely high VRAM amount, and you would only crash you computer.
    MSAA works differently, as it only saples adges of meshes. Supersampling in VR Panorama works on whole image and should give better results.

36. Boegi

Boegi

Hello again...

Maybe someone else has some hints? I want to create a seamless looping video sequence out of my scene - (Record the video with this asset / later use it as a Skybox in VR) I guess this is one of the most common usecases for this asset?

I tried now with some tricks (a static image with some animations in my scene where I use the captured image as a skybox) but ...

Maybe someone can give me some keywords or point me to a direction I can continue? F.E. Cinemachine or something else... ? It's really hard to search (English is not my native language ;-)

Thanks...
    regards!

37. olix4242

olix4242

It really depends what you need to animate. If it's simple animation, just be sure to match initial and ending keyframes.
    If it's some procedural things like wind, folliage or particles, then you are out of luck as Unity randomizes those and you can't forse it into a repeatable state. You can eventually force it's initial state, but not a final state.
    Suggestion is to try a video editing route outside of Unity.
    -if you need a clip of looping 10 seconds, render a clip of 10 seconds (for example).
    -in Premiere (After effects, Resolve or any other video editing app) create 3 timelines, import 10 seconds clip on 3 different tracks.
    -offset 2 upper tracks so that one starts at middle of a clip, and another starts at 5 seconds of a timeline.
    -then play with dissolve transition and try to find a point where a transition isn't noticable.
    It's not perfect, but in most cases, if you don't have any strong movement, it can work fine.

Boegi likes this.
  38. fdprayoga14

fdprayoga14

is there any demo I can try? maybe only 10 second limitation record ?
    id like to try before buy it.. thank you

39. Dirrogate

Dirrogate

I cant seem to get the VRcapture script to work in HDRP on unity's Book of the dead ( BotD )
    It won't do anything. Is there any fix? I'm using Unity 2018.2.21f1 (as Botd won't load into any other later versions of unity)

**Edit**
    This is weird (in a good way). I imported the dropbox fix you listed on the forums and even though you've said its for unity 2019, it works now for the problem I've mentioned above and ive managed to render. Thank you!

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
    olix4242 likes this.
  40. Dirrogate

Dirrogate

@olix4242 Everything works just fine in HDRP (i'm experimenting with the Botd unity demo in Unity 2018.2.21f1)
    Is there a way to blend out / get rid of the seams as in this image?

I've tried many things... environment distance, Use depth buffer on/off etc.
    I've disabled most of the unwanted scripts in the HDRP demo post processing component.
    Regards, seams.JPG

41. AdamOosthuizen

AdamOosthuizen

Hi there, just purchased VR Panorama and upon import getting these errors. What version of Unity should I be running (I'm on 2019.1f)?
    Have I missed something in the implementation of the pkg? I have installed the package with the shader for 2019
    vrPanoErrors.PNG

42. olix4242

olix4242

Not sure why this is happening. Are you rendering to PNG or JPG?
    Also, do you have same seems in other scenees or only in this one?

Dirrogate and AdamOosthuizen like this.
  43. olix4242

olix4242

Just delete scripts that are mentioned in console. They are only there for demo purposes and aren't needed by VRPanorama.

44. AdamOosthuizen

AdamOosthuizen

Do you have a tool to convert the frames to an Equirectangular Projection? I an Equirectangular map to make a dome master of.

45. olix4242

olix4242

Not sure if I got right your question, but if I did:
    -VR panorama exports equirectangular maps out of your Unity scene.

46. AdamOosthuizen

AdamOosthuizen

I must just be getting really bad seamlines then? I'm also getting super weird rendering settings vs what scene view in HDRP looks like

Attached Files:

47. AdamOosthuizen

AdamOosthuizen

I'm also getting these seams in some of my output...

48. Dirrogate

Dirrogate

@olix4242 I think in my case, it's the skybox in the BoTD scene. I removed it, added my own (darker sky) and re-rendered.

I have one suggestion that I think many others will benefit from - Could you write an upgrade that renders each of the 6 "cams" as fisheye? This will help immensely for professionals who want to take the resulting 6 cams outputs and stitch in professional software like MistikaVR, It will also solve the seam blending issues.
    Thanks again for a very well written and needed solution for Unity.

( I dont know why notifications arent coming to my email despite subscribing to this discussion)

P_Jong likes this.
  49. SRGeodan

SRGeodan

Hey olix4242,

Great tool, I use it a lot!
    I made a 360 degrees video, but I have some artifacts.
    Screenshots of my settings and the artifact are in the attachment.
    As you can see the artifact is already present in the frame, so I think it has nothing to do with ffmpeg.
    Do you have an idea of what setting I could tweak?

Thanks for your reply,

Michel upload_2019-7-22_11-47-57.png screen VR 3.jpg upload_2019-7-22_14-20-43.png upload_2019-7-22_14-21-3.png

50. olix4242

olix4242

Are you using custom shaders? Or two graphics cards in SLI configuration? Also, what is your Unity version?