Search Unity

[RELEASED] VR Panorama - render 360 stereo videos

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by olix4242, Jun 25, 2015.

?

What would you like to see added in a future version of VR Panorama?

Poll closed Mar 23, 2016.
  1. Audio Capture Support

40.4%
  2. Side By Side Stereo rendering

28.8%
  3. Automatic 360 panorama metatagging for Youtube H.264 Video Export

30.8%
  1. Cooliebk73

Cooliebk73

Help, Panorama crashes newest version of Unity : Unity 2018.2.17f1 (64-bit) Every time I try to render.

2. Cooliebk73

Cooliebk73

sorry just found the patch put a ticket in on your web site you can ignore thanks
    Bret

olix4242 likes this.
  3. AlaiMich

AlaiMich

I have (2) errors once I've patched...

1.) Assets/VRPanorama/VRCapture.cs(38,9): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `FFmpegPipe' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

2.) Assets/VRPanorama/VRCapture.cs(257,16): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `CameraCapture' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Basically, I imported the asset package my company saved. Then imported the patch. Opened the "VRPanoramaDemoScene" and was hit with the (2) above messages which prevents rendering. Any help would be appreciated!!!

4. olix4242

olix4242

You are patching older version of VR Panorama. You have to patch latest version available on assetstore.

5. AlaiMich

AlaiMich

Thanks for the reply. Sadly, the account holder is no longer with the company even though the company paid for it. Just one of those bad asset-per-account issues we are undergoing. Side note: The asset worked amazing for us in the past! Kudos!

6. olix4242

olix4242

If company payed for it you should be able to find your company invoice. If you do so - I can give you a new version.

7. Flurgle

Flurgle

Just curious, would anyone else be interested in an update of VR Panorama with EXR support to make skymaps for HD Renderpipeline? Sounds like that's a possibility, especially if enough of us are interested.

P_Jong likes this.
  8. ViniciusSanctus

ViniciusSanctus

Hi there.

I just purchased the asset and im glad its not abandoned.

I've downloaded the fix and i'm currently testing for issues.

Should I post here or send e-mail if something goes wrong?

Thanks in advance.

P_Jong likes this.
  9. olix4242

olix4242

As you wish. Here is probably better, so that everyone can learn something ;)

ViniciusSanctus and P_Jong like this.
  10. P_Jong

P_Jong

I like this idea. I have been wanting something like this. I mostly work with the LWRP.

11. olix4242

olix4242

I have added this feature into new version of VR Panorama. It was submitted to assetstore right now ;)

dlearmonth, P_Jong and Flurgle like this.
  12. dlearmonth

dlearmonth

Hi there,
    First, thanks for the amazing asset! I use it extensively, it works great and saves me hours of work.

Second, I'm having issues with rendering with depth of field on. When it is on my renderings appear darker, except at the edges where the images are stitched. I've attached images.

I'm using Unity 2018.2.14f1 and Post Processing stack V2, linear lighting, standard rendering pipeline, it happens in forward or deferred rendering.

To recreate - bring in PPStackV2 and VR panorama, add the VRpanorama camera to the scene, add a post processing volume to the scene, add a post processing layer to the camera, render as an animation.

Has anyone come across this before or know of a solution?

Attached Files:

13. tolosaoldfan

tolosaoldfan

Hi,
    We have found 2 bugs with u3D 2017.4 and last version downloaded today (12/13/18)
    1- VRcapture script changes the layers in the culling mask of the VRPano camera. It enables one of our layer (that was disabled in the culling mask list) when process. So, the rendering is totally different of what we need and expect.. it occurs when the VRcapture script is attached to our maincam and also when we're suing your prefab. Has worked with previous version of VRPano and previous version of U3D (V5.x at least).
    2- the ffmpeg cannot be launched on MacOS Highsierra. The exe has not the sufficient rights. Easy to fix, but not friendly.

14. dlearmonth

dlearmonth

For anyone else with the same problen, I found a work around...

The DoF effect on post processing stack V2 has this issue but the depth on stack V1 doesn't. So I added the V1 stack into my project and now my camera has V1 and V2 on it. V2 with everything but DoF, V1 with DoF only.

Amazingly this doesn't cause any issues and it renders fine. It's a bit slower (not that that matters for rendering) and is not as good quality but hey, it's working.

15. rexcheung

rexcheung

Hi,

I am going to build an PC based .exe and see if "VR Panorama 360 PRO Renderer" has these functions:
    I take 360 pictures by Ricoh Theta S.

(1) Export for facebook upload, it will show as a 360 image at facebook timeline
    (2) Export for printing

Dont know if "VR Panorama 360 PRO Renderer" can complete these two jobs?

blockDiagram.jpg

16. olix4242

olix4242

It can export for facebook. Not for print as in your screenshot.

17. olix4242

olix4242

Quite strange, I didn't get any of those issues with only PPS 2. But I didn't try latest versions of PPS 2. Are you rendering to PNG or JPG?
    Also, I would avoid using DOF on 360.. it isn't natural, it hurts eyes, and is almost physically impossible ;)

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
  18. olix4242

olix4242

I will try to replicate this issue. But as now VR PAnorama uses some culling layers for masking, it could be possible that you are using same cullling layers. Can you try to move your objects to another layer?

19. olix4242

olix4242

There is nothing that I can do about this. Assetstore packs can't have any acces to privilegies on MacOS so you have to change privilegies with your account password.

tolosaoldfan likes this.
  20. pmcclave

pmcclave

Hi Oli

I have tried to use your VR 360 render after a long time of not using it. I updated the asset and also downloaded the patch for it. But now Unity keeps showing error messages. Please find them attached. What can I do? I have tried to delete it and then re-install it but the same thing keeps happening.

Attached Files:

21. olix4242

olix4242

What unity version are you using?

22. pmcclave

pmcclave

It is Unity 5.3.4f1

23. olix4242

olix4242

VR Panorama doesn't support Unity 5.3 anymore. Lowest supported Unity version is 5.5.1

24. pmcclave

pmcclave

Hi Oli

It now works! not sure what changed, maybe it took a while for my computer to make the changes.I also installed the ffmpeg.exe.
    Thank you.
    I have upgraded Unity to 2018.3.of2. I have updated your asset and loaded it and also loaded the patch. There are still error messages.Please see them attached.
    Could you please let me know what I can do to make it work?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  25. olix4242

olix4242

Don't install update - it is for an old version of CScape. Just install new version of CScape from Assetstore.
    Also, import a Unity Standard assets Character Pack into your project. (in Unity go to "assets/Import Package/Characters").

26. pmcclave

pmcclave

Hi Oli

If I want to show the video in youtube and be able to have it play in VR on youtube, do I need to render in stereo? and do I need to use the youtube 8K tab? also will the encoded video then be ready for youtube or do I then need to add the spatial media metadata injector?

27. raj_stephano

raj_stephano

Hi Olivr.

I bought this awesome plugin. it works perfectly.

I have project where I want to use VR panorama with Dreamteck Splines. Do you think its compatible?
    Because, when I tried to capture, it camera becomes static and renders only still frames.

Thanks

28. grimmy

grimmy

HI , question before purchase. Can I record my gameplay in realtime (at a decent enough framerate) while the camera is recording at a high resolution or would I need to do offline rendering? If so, does the plugin pre-record my gameplay movements somehow before it does the offline render or would I need to figure that out separately? Thanks

29. renderila

renderila

Hi Olivr!

Is it possible to add some compression options to OpenExr output and Half-float bit depth?
    I need to export 25000 frames in 8K resolution, so it very high disk space needed.

And fix the alpha channel, because now it make cube alpha bug.

Thank you!

30. rexcheung

rexcheung

Hi,

i just brought this asset. I want to remove the preview image when i took the 360 image.
    i.e. to take 360 image then direct save but no preview. Could you please advise how to do it.
    Also, how i can check if the image saving process has been done?

Rex

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  31. rexcheung

rexcheung

I have similar issue with you now. My current unity is "Unity 2018.2.16f1 (64-bit)". Do you have any idea on how to solve it

32. rexcheung

rexcheung

I found the solution Just remove void OnGUI() at VRCapture.cs is ok

olix4242 likes this.
  33. rexcheung

rexcheung

I guess you should copy all StreamingAssets from "VRPanorama\\StreamingAssets" to your project "StreamingAssets"

Also, please amend vrCapture.cs
    //string ffmpegPath = Application.dataPath + "\\VRPanorama\\StreamingAssets\\";
    string ffmpegPath = Application.streamingAssetsPath + "/";

J870 likes this.
  34. JumpingGuy

JumpingGuy

Has there been any new news on this?

I just imported VR Panorama into Unity 2018.2.2f, running Cinemachine and it seems Unity can't even see VR Panorama right now? Right clicking my main camera doesn't give me the option of "VR Panorama" anymore or "Add Component" doesn't list any VR Pano Related scripts which is very strange.

Been using this for a few years now. First time I've seen it not work / show up at all. Any tips?

I've installed the patch to no avail as well.

Thanks

Jason

35. Tinus

Tinus

Hi! I'm especially interested in getting ambisonic 4.0 audio capture to work, but I'm having some issues. There's a chance I'll figure it out myself, I thought I'd post some hickups encountered along the way.

I'm using the supplied demo scene, with one added audiosource playing some music. I've set my windows system settings to use 4 channel quad output, and Unity as well. Right now, both with the "export ambisonics 4.0" flag off or on, I get a 44-byte wav file with no contents. No warnings or error.

I'm trying this in a project with SteamVR plugin and VR enabled. The first thing I'll try now is a fresh project.

I'm going through the code to figure out where things go wrong, but that will take a while. Any ideas as to what I'm missing?

Additional question: My client has implemented part of their project's audio using the FMOD plugin, which I'm going to guess will not be picked up by the recording process? It's something I'll try today as well.

Edit: in a fresh project, with Unity 2018.11f1 and the latest VRP version from the asset store, I'm still getting a 44byte wav file. Video export works like a charm though.

Edit2: Found it! The demo scene from the package ships with AudioListener component turned off, which means OnAudioFilterRead() isn't called, which means we only have the header written to file. That marks my original question as solved.

Now to see if I can get access to FMODs audio buffers and add them into the stuff we get from Unity. This is outside of the scope of the plugin, of course.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    olix4242 likes this.
  36. Rensoburro_Taki

Rensoburro_Taki

Hello!

QUESTION #1
    Does this plugin support unity's new timeline? Or are there no differences?

QUESTION #2
    How can I play the videos inside from unity? The final video needs to be played synchronously with the realtime rotation values of the camera, because the values are sent in real time to external pneumatic systems?

I plan to buy the plugin, since I feel limited providing dense VR experiences! But, as always, I need certainty in predictable cases.

btw. I bought yesterday CSCAPE and I have to tell you - you are a genius! So smart! Hope to see new features soon! Make it bigger! It's already irreplaceable. Make it even more irreplaceable! =) Top notch, really!

Thanks in advance....

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
  37. fuzzywobs1

fuzzywobs1

Hi,

Bit of an urgent request here (as most people say I imagine).

I need to render out a normal flat 1080p video from Unity, and for some reason this Asset keeps changing my camera to a field of view of a 100 during run time instead of my FOV settings. It's only during runtime.

Any assistance would be much appreciated as I am against the clock!

multimediamark likes this.
  38. badradionz

badradionz

Great asset thank you! There appears to be an issue when rendering out to PNG sequence (tested in multiple versions of Unity 2018.X) it simply stalls and makes no progress after around 100 frames. The good news however is that JPG works fine!

Instructions are clear and post processing stack works great from initial observations. Right now I am a few hours in to an 18 hour render, will update with results

39. Waterlane

Waterlane

Hi - I'm trying the latest version or VR Panorama - using U2018.3 and HDRP - exported a series of 4k 360 jpg images just fine. But the 'encode H.246' seems to do nothing. When pressed a window opens, but disappears strait away and no file seems to be created. Sorry I've no more specific info' - I've read people talking about a patch - should I need this?

Kossinna likes this.
  40. badradionz

badradionz

It crashed @ 1798 of 1800 frames so I had to 'unpause' the play mode in Unity and then it started encoding the video just fine and I was able to inject the spatial meta data.

Looks like an issue with the notify by email option perhaps. vrpano.jpg

41. jamil_M

jamil_M

Hi - like Waterlane I'm using the latest version or VR Panorama - using U2018.2 - exported a series of 4k 360 jpg images just fine. But the 'encode H.246' seems to do nothing. When pressed a window opens, but disappears strait away and no file seems to be created. Sorry I've no more specific info' - I've read people talking about a patch - should I need this?

Waterlane likes this.
  42. Kossinna

Kossinna

Hi, same problem like jamil_m and Waterlane... I have tried it several times without result. (Unity 2017.4.16)
    I've also tried to update the ffmpeg.exe, but it is still the same behaviour...

Waterlane likes this.
  43. multimediamark

multimediamark

We're also having issues recording simple 1080p video capture because it keeps changing the camera to a field of view of a 100 during run time instead of our FOV 60. It's only during runtime. Please, need an urgent response on this.

Also, Resume fromframe setting doesn't work as well.

We're using 2018.2.16f1 version.

44. multimediamark

multimediamark

Looks like changing the camera type to physical fixed the FOV issue.

Now, how to fix the Resume fromframe issue?

stoofnie likes this.
  45. multimediamark

multimediamark

Okay, so apparently we need to disable the VR Panorama Camera first, then start the scene, scroll to the wanted start frame on timeline and enable VR Panorama Camera to start recording.

stoofnie likes this.
  46. Kossinna

Kossinna

found it... this happens if an audio file is in the folder. The ffmpeg throws an exception like "VR_Sequence.wav: Invalid data found when processing Input". Its hard to see this message, cause the window disapears immediately.
    It works without audio capture.

Waterlane likes this.
  47. Mad_ed7

Mad_ed7

I've just installed VR Panorama 360 Pro renderer and when importing standard assets > characters > FirstPersonCharacter all greyed out and inaccessible. When I do import the package, I get console errors that these same items are missing and am unable to export. The project is a 3d animated video within a Stereo 360 space created with Oculus Quill and AnimVR.

Will putting those assets fix my problem?
    Can I even render a Stereo 360 video from 3d animated assets within unity?

48. Waterlane

Waterlane

There seems to be a bug in rendering Physical cameras...
    I'm using Unity2018.3+HDRP
    Here's an example - the image on the left is with a physical camera the right image uses a standard camera.

- For some reason the tree tops seem be to rendered twice? (the sky is an image/hdri).

Attached Files:

49. Waterlane

Waterlane

and I've a general question regarding the frame numbers rendered.
    If I set 30fps and:
    to render 3 frames from frame 1 - only 1 image is rendered.
    to render 10 frames from frame1 - 8 frames are rendered.
    to render 30 frames from frame 1 - 28 frames are rendered.

Can you explain why there seem to be 2 frames missing each time?

50. Waterlane

Waterlane

sorry to be a pain, but I've another issue.
    I've rendered a 4K (3840x2160 30fps) - then tried a 5K (5120x2560 30fps)
    The 4K is just fine but the 5K has a range of flickering (certain areas go light/dark/light etc).

The scene/project is exactly the same - I've only changed the render settings.
    Any suggestions what might be causing this and how it might be fixed?