Search Unity

1. Engage, network and learn at Unite Austin 2017, Oct 3 - 5. Get your ticket today!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Introducing the Unity Essentials Packs! Find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out all the fixes for 5.6 on the patch releases page.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Unity 2017.1 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Unity 2017.2 beta is now available for download.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] VR Panorama - render 360 stereo videos

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by olix4242, Jun 25, 2015.

?

What would you like to see added in a future version of VR Panorama?

Poll closed Mar 23, 2016.
  1. Audio Capture Support

40.4%
  2. Side By Side Stereo rendering

28.8%
  3. Automatic 360 panorama metatagging for Youtube H.264 Video Export

30.8%
  1. rmuk

rmuk

Wow, that new video recorder is SERIOUSLY FAST!

When testing it, i get an error "UnassignedReferenceException: The variable hQPlane of VRPanoInterface has not been assigned."

Any idea where that's coming from?

2. olix4242

olix4242

You mean unity recorder with VRPanorama?
    It's coming from a last HQ mode for rendering panoramas that actually isnt supported by RT module. It's harmless.
    Right now I'm working on implementing HQ mode also in RT (before there wasn't any neccesity to have it, as it can't run in realtime). Also, there will be new workflow that comunicates with Unity capturer as soon as it becomes definitive.

3. rmuk

rmuk

Yes i meant the unity recorder. I need to take better stats, but so far it seems like a 3x-5x speed improvement!

olix4242 likes this.
  4. olix4242

olix4242

It could be if you are using HDDs. With SSD should be less. Encoding to PNG costs much time, and encoding to JPG a little bit less. But encoding directly to video natively is always much faster as you don't have intermediary file saving and encoding.
    You shpuld count that RT mode can render in realtime most of scenes, so the most time goes to encoding.

5. rmuk

rmuk

I'm using SSDs and I had been monitoring disk IO, and that didn't seem to be the bottleneck.

6. pechaut

pechaut

Hi,

I'm usinng the plugin to have backgrounds on mobile and mix with real 3d objects.

So, I create a panorama from a complex scene, with dynamic objects deactivated, then I create an empty scene, set the panorama as a skybox (thanks to unity's skyboxShader) import the dynamic objects and the camera at the exact same positions.. but they do not match the positions they should have in the panorama.

Anybody experienced this already ?

7. Unityaware

Unityaware

I need your help please. When I try to attach the "VolumetricFog" script to the VR Panorama Camera none of the fog effects show up. I contacted the VolumetricFog people, but they feel it has to do with a setting in the camera for the fog to show. Could you please tell me what setting they may referring to? Thank you.

8. olix4242

olix4242

Hi, could uou please tell me what asset are you using? Volumetric fog & Mist from Kronnect?

9. Unityaware

Unityaware

Yes, that's the one.

10. olix4242

olix4242

There shouldn't be any problems with that one. It should work right out of a box. Attach a Valumetric fog script, and attach a VR Capture script to your camera, and it should render just fine. I have just tested, and it works fine here on my scene. Could you please give me more info like VR Capture settings and if you are using some other image effects?

11. A-Lanting

A-Lanting

Hi there,

how do get a stereoscopic panorama work with the native unity vr support (oculus, google vr)

Thanks,

Anne

12. olix4242

olix4242

Not sure what is default orientation for skybox. Probably the best way would be to use inverse sphere for this task. (there is one included in VRPanorama).

13. whrthsdwlknds

whrthsdwlknds

Hi! I just purchased VR Panorama, and I have a scene that contains audio that is different every time the scene plays. How can I get a recording of audio that is synced to what is happening in the video? It looks like the only way to record audio is to first do an audio recording and then do a video recording, but this won't work because the audio will not be the same as what's happening in the video.

14. frg_vadim

frg_vadim

Hi there! Just got your plugin and trying to use it. So far seems like a good addition to our collection, but I have some problems with it:
    • VR Panorama RT(Real-Time?) is intrusive to HTC Vive. What do I mean? When one adds VR Panorama Camera to the scene HTC Vive is losing control over everything, basically, goes black. Which makes it impossible to do something in the headset and record video at the same time. Am I missing an instruction somewhere on how to properly record a vide like that?
    • VR Panorama RT - Seems to not do anything. I add the prefab to the scene, Vive goes black, and no video is rendered in the end. I do not need to mention that error(something is missing somewhere) that is posted above.
    • Would also be great to have some controls to start and stop the capture - Or they're there and I'm not seeing them?

15. olix4242

olix4242

Hi, i don't know how do you use it (some screenshots and description would be helpfull). also, whyat hardware are you using?
    RT Module doesn't have any capturing system - it only draws a panorama on screen. You will have to use a dedicated hardware (capture device9 to capture what goes on on screen. A normal CPu simply can't process hi res compression in realtime.
    How do you use VR Panorama? If you are planing to use it with Vive on, you have to make a separate camera - and set where to output video. Also,there are differences if you are using Vive SDK or not.. Without knowing what you want to do and how you want to do, it is really hard to give help.