Search Unity

[RELEASED] VR Panorama - render 360 stereo videos

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by olix4242, Jun 25, 2015.

?

What would you like to see added in a future version of VR Panorama?

Poll closed Mar 23, 2016.
  1. Audio Capture Support

40.4%
  2. Side By Side Stereo rendering

28.8%
  3. Automatic 360 panorama metatagging for Youtube H.264 Video Export

30.8%
  1. rmuk

rmuk

Wow, that new video recorder is SERIOUSLY FAST!

When testing it, i get an error "UnassignedReferenceException: The variable hQPlane of VRPanoInterface has not been assigned."

Any idea where that's coming from?

2. olix4242

olix4242

You mean unity recorder with VRPanorama?
    It's coming from a last HQ mode for rendering panoramas that actually isnt supported by RT module. It's harmless.
    Right now I'm working on implementing HQ mode also in RT (before there wasn't any neccesity to have it, as it can't run in realtime). Also, there will be new workflow that comunicates with Unity capturer as soon as it becomes definitive.

3. rmuk

rmuk

Yes i meant the unity recorder. I need to take better stats, but so far it seems like a 3x-5x speed improvement!

olix4242 likes this.
  4. olix4242

olix4242

It could be if you are using HDDs. With SSD should be less. Encoding to PNG costs much time, and encoding to JPG a little bit less. But encoding directly to video natively is always much faster as you don't have intermediary file saving and encoding.
    You shpuld count that RT mode can render in realtime most of scenes, so the most time goes to encoding.

5. rmuk

rmuk

I'm using SSDs and I had been monitoring disk IO, and that didn't seem to be the bottleneck.

6. pechaut

pechaut

Hi,

I'm usinng the plugin to have backgrounds on mobile and mix with real 3d objects.

So, I create a panorama from a complex scene, with dynamic objects deactivated, then I create an empty scene, set the panorama as a skybox (thanks to unity's skyboxShader) import the dynamic objects and the camera at the exact same positions.. but they do not match the positions they should have in the panorama.

Anybody experienced this already ?

7. Unityaware

Unityaware

I need your help please. When I try to attach the "VolumetricFog" script to the VR Panorama Camera none of the fog effects show up. I contacted the VolumetricFog people, but they feel it has to do with a setting in the camera for the fog to show. Could you please tell me what setting they may referring to? Thank you.

8. olix4242

olix4242

Hi, could uou please tell me what asset are you using? Volumetric fog & Mist from Kronnect?

9. Unityaware

Unityaware

Yes, that's the one.

10. olix4242

olix4242

There shouldn't be any problems with that one. It should work right out of a box. Attach a Valumetric fog script, and attach a VR Capture script to your camera, and it should render just fine. I have just tested, and it works fine here on my scene. Could you please give me more info like VR Capture settings and if you are using some other image effects?

11. Anne_Lanting

Anne_Lanting

Hi there,

how do get a stereoscopic panorama work with the native unity vr support (oculus, google vr)

Thanks,

Anne

12. olix4242

olix4242

Not sure what is default orientation for skybox. Probably the best way would be to use inverse sphere for this task. (there is one included in VRPanorama).

13. whrthsdwlknds

whrthsdwlknds

Hi! I just purchased VR Panorama, and I have a scene that contains audio that is different every time the scene plays. How can I get a recording of audio that is synced to what is happening in the video? It looks like the only way to record audio is to first do an audio recording and then do a video recording, but this won't work because the audio will not be the same as what's happening in the video.

14. frg_vadim

frg_vadim

Hi there! Just got your plugin and trying to use it. So far seems like a good addition to our collection, but I have some problems with it:
    • VR Panorama RT(Real-Time?) is intrusive to HTC Vive. What do I mean? When one adds VR Panorama Camera to the scene HTC Vive is losing control over everything, basically, goes black. Which makes it impossible to do something in the headset and record video at the same time. Am I missing an instruction somewhere on how to properly record a vide like that?
    • VR Panorama RT - Seems to not do anything. I add the prefab to the scene, Vive goes black, and no video is rendered in the end. I do not need to mention that error(something is missing somewhere) that is posted above.
    • Would also be great to have some controls to start and stop the capture - Or they're there and I'm not seeing them?

15. olix4242

olix4242

Hi, i don't know how do you use it (some screenshots and description would be helpfull). also, whyat hardware are you using?
    RT Module doesn't have any capturing system - it only draws a panorama on screen. You will have to use a dedicated hardware (capture device9 to capture what goes on on screen. A normal CPu simply can't process hi res compression in realtime.
    How do you use VR Panorama? If you are planing to use it with Vive on, you have to make a separate camera - and set where to output video. Also,there are differences if you are using Vive SDK or not.. Without knowing what you want to do and how you want to do, it is really hard to give help.

16. JigglesDev

JigglesDev

Hi, Loving this product!
    I am gettting a weird brightness effect though on the base of the view, just make sure to look at bottom. Very Noticeable once inside the building (approx 30sec)

No lights attached to any part of the game objects that move.
    Movement is provided by CineMachine/Timeline
    Unity PostProcessing Stack is also used.

Any ideas what it could be?

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  17. WardPeeters

WardPeeters

Before I buy this asset I am wondering if I could use it to make a 360 capture of my 3D scene and use that instead of the scene to increase the mobile performance on the daydream platform. I guess the user wont be able to interact with the scene anymore but in my case this not not necessary. Although I would need objects flying towards the player so he can shoot them. Would this be possible with this method

18. GamerPET

GamerPET

Hey StarWardo!
    I used VR Panorama for the exact same thing. I did a tutorial on my website:
    http://www.gamerpet.com/tutorial/un...vr-panorama-360-pro-renderer-review-tutorial/

The only thing that you can't do is the "player can shoot them" part. I mean you could but it would be a bit complicated and it would require you to use another plugin (AVPro).

VR Panorama basically records your scene into a 360 video. Then you can make an app to play that 360 video.
    In the past I also did interactive 360 videos but as I said... you would need to have a video clip for each possible outcome.

olix4242 and Alverik like this.
  19. JumpingGuy

JumpingGuy

I'm using the most recent Post Processing Stack effects in Unity 2017.1 with my VR camera. All of the effects except for the depth of field are working when rendered out. The depth of field effect is slightly working when rendered via the VR Camera but the results are a toned down version of what I see in the game view. Any tips?

TorbenDK likes this.
  20. cleverfoxvr

cleverfoxvr

My files don't appear to be saving at render. I'm using Windows 10 with 5.6.0f3. The editor window shows the process correctly, but when finished my directory opens and is empty. I've tried both default path and several custom paths on two drives.

21. cleverfoxvr

cleverfoxvr

Nevermind. Figured it out. There was a toggle in the dope sheet disabling the script.

olix4242 likes this.
  22. Nondali

Nondali

Fantastic plugin. I’m having the same problem. JPG-sequence and audio export works really great but i can't get the video encoding part to work.

Could you please tell me how to set this privilegies. I’m running macOS Sierra on a macbook pro.

23. olix4242

olix4242

Bl
    DOF Blur is resolution dependent, so it doesn't scale correctly bith resolution increase. It works in pixel domain, so if it blurs on screen 16 pixels, it will blur those 16 pixels also in vr panorama but in much higher resolution. You can use VRPanoram RT module to tune your effect for rendering, and then use it to render.

JumpingGuy and Alverik like this.
  24. olix4242

olix4242

No, no, sorry.. I saw this later. Are you using eye adaptation? You can't use Eye adaptation for 360 movies, they will break a whole rendering as they can't evaluate a whole scene but only a portions..

Alverik likes this.
  25. olix4242

olix4242

You should probably find a FFMPEG binary (in Assets/VRPanorama/StreamingAssets) and run this command from terminal:
    "chmod u+x"on the ffmpeg-binary (from terminal)

Nondali likes this.
  26. GTk_vin

GTk_vin

Hi,
    I have already purchased VR Panorama 360 PRO Renderer plugin.
    I suppose, this plugin is based on ffmpeg tool.

May I ask few questions about options and licensing:
    1. What option should I use to specify what codec will be used for encoding?
    2. As I see, The muxing script embeds ffmpeg? Is it Ok from ffmpeg license perspective?
    3. Also, by default scripts uses H.264. As I know, it is not free. And one of options is about Open Source projects (but I'm not sure). What limitations should I consider for production ready product? Have you already met such question before?

Kevin.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  27. olix4242

olix4242

Hi Kevin, VR Panorama isn't ment to be used at runtime (it is only editor tool) with compression option, and this means that it hasn't any built-in functionality for this. Only feature that works at runtime is a RT module that outputs unwrapped panorama to screen or captures single frame.
    Output codec is libx264 and you dont' have options to export to other formats - It uses a stripped and custom compliled version of ffmpeg that should meet licencing for this purpose. Also, in a near future, VR Panorama will move completely it's video encoding to Unity native video encoding feature workflow with a help of RT module - this should boost it's performance. (and it can be already used with this workflow).

Alverik likes this.
  28. amtrong318

amtrong318

Hi olix4242
    I gonna use VR Panorama 360 PRO Rebderer package to play 360 video.
    you wrote you can play max 8K video
    It is possible ?
    My video resolution is 2880 x 2880 .
    Can I play this video by using your package
    Thanks

29. olix4242

olix4242

VR panorama is made for capturing/rendering 360 videos, not for playing them.

30. Mr-Vovk

Mr-Vovk

Hi OliVR,

Short question, someone must have asked somewhere already, but I can't find it anywhere...

I'm trying to capture a regular video from my Unity 5.6 scene using a Water4 (Standard Unity Assets - Environments) but I get strange "anomalies" or possible called "transparency issues".

I setup a single sphere placed under the Water4 prefab planes. Everything looks nice in the scene/build/editor, but returns strange results when using PanoramaVR. I tried JPG/PNG/EXR. All the same.

The interesting part is the the equidistant mode works just fine.

Hope I provided enough information to enable you to understand my issue.

Thnx

upload_2017-10-17_19-1-6.png upload_2017-10-17_19-1-29.png upload_2017-10-17_19-17-22.png

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
  31. olix4242

olix4242

It looks like unity water shader (that is quite old) has some problems with handling transparencies (this affect unity 5.6). You should change a water color field and set it's alpha to max - now it has alpha value set to 0).

32. Mr-Vovk

Mr-Vovk

Thank you for the fast replay!

I'm not sure if we understood each other well.

I'm interested in the look of the ocean water presented in the first screenshot (which I will of curse tweek a bit) and will need to have it transparent. So changing the alpha values will not help me much...

I understand that this is an old shader, etc..., and why I wrote here is because I found out it works with all the 360 video settings but the regular 2D. That's why I thought it could be an easy fix / checking a hidden radio button solution thing...

Any additional thought ?

33. olix4242

olix4242

That walue doesn't contdoll transparency. Transparency is cpntrolled with eender textures. Try as I said and see if it works.

34. Mr-Vovk

Mr-Vovk

Turning the ALPHA channel to max on the base color fixes the problem with captured images not looking the way the scene does. But it, sadly, also makes the ocean surface completely opaque. Here is where my level of experience ends and I don't can't find a way to make it transparent some other way...
    Would you be so kind and direct me to the "render texture setting" which will help me solve this issue...

Isn't it interesting that that the captured images, of the transparent ocean, work perfectly in the 360 video, but fail to work in the regular one?

35. olix4242

olix4242

I was writing from mobile before, and I didn't haad a chance to try it out. I've only copy-pasted a solution that solved issue for another user. But that user was using another water from a same package (with refraction).
    I have tested this thing by importing Advanced water that you are using - and I'm unable to reproduce this problem - it renders perfectly on my system (Unity 5.5 Unity 5.6 and Unity 2017.1). I would need some more information on how to reproduce this problem. Probably a scene package would help.

36. olix4242

olix4242

I assume that water has some bug, and it renders after VR Panorama video capture. But this could be also a hardware bug related to water. It doesn't happen in panorama rendering mode, probably because it requires more time to render, and works differently than a standard rendering mode.
    I would try and see if this error happens in both rendering paths (deffered and forward) and if it happens with Use Depth Buffer button on and off. All combinations. also, I would try to change script execution order (reflection scripts on water) and Render Queue on water material.

37. Mr-Vovk

Mr-Vovk

Thank you for a possible ideas and solutions. Sadly it didn't solve my situation.

I attached a few screenshots of the scene and results.

I tried all the different render settings, transparency setting and render queue settings (and possible combinations), but failed to find a solution to the problem.

The capture fails with a simple scene - just a sphere under transparent water prefab. I tried it and it produces same result regardless if using simple or advanced water shader.

Hope you think about other possible solutions, I would be cool if we make this thing work.

EDIT: Tested in Unity 5.6.0f3, NVIDIA K1100 Quadro card,

upload_2017-10-18_14-20-37.png

upload_2017-10-18_13-56-23.png upload_2017-10-18_13-56-42.png

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
    TorbenDK likes this.
  38. Unityaware

Unityaware

I need some help please.I rendered the panoramic video (left and right renders stacked on top of each other), but when playing the movie back in VR (psvr), it still shows up in the headset with two images stacked on top of each other. What other process needs to happen so the rendered video can be viewed properly as stereoscopic VR? Thanks for your help.

39. ngfilms

ngfilms

Hi there, i am recording a 360 mono inside a virtual cinema . the video playback on the cinema screen (using video player) appears really fast ,probably 2X speed. The video is H.264@25P .. i have reduced your fps option to 12 which results in the video stuttering. any suggestions? ( note: with capture mode set to VR pan* , the playback is fine) i need to obviously capture the event as a per frame sequence.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
  40. olix4242

olix4242

Hi,
    I'm sorry, but I don't think that a can help a lot on this - as i don't own PSVR and don't have any possibility to test it or to know it's features and how (and if) it handles 360 videos. I don't think that you have to do anything on VR Panorama side. I can only assume that you might have to put your video into a right folder, or to name your file in a correct way. Gear VR does it like that: you have to add some sort of extension.
    EDIT: after doing some search on google, I found out that apparently, PSVR doesn't support stereoscopic 360 videos. This means that you have to stick to monoscopic 360. Quite a shame from Sony.

Alverik likes this.
  41. olix4242

olix4242

It was responded many times before here on forum ;) Here you can find a script that you have to use on your video.
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/rel...360-stereo-videos.336086/page-19#post-3181969
    Hope this helps :)

Alverik likes this.
  42. olix4242

olix4242

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to reproduce this. I see that you have transparency mode set to ortographic.. but this isn't correct. If you are using a perspective camera, it should be set to perspective. Not sure if this changes anything.

43. Changbai

Changbai

Thanks for developing this awesome plugin. I need some help rendering a specific postprocessing effect.

Using edge detection, outlines are added to the camera via Graphics.Blit() in OnRenderImage()

The outlines show in Game. However VR Panorama only captures the scene without those outlines.

I'm using Outline Toolkit https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/98020 to render the outlines.

outline shows in Game.PNG
    Outline shows in game.

img05892636443784815627731Screenshot.png
    Equidistant Mono image doesn't have outline.

44. olix4242

olix4242

As it seems, this actually isn't a real post processing effect. And, as I see from assetstore, it doesn't support VR (and this is sometimes a pretty good measure for VR Panorama campatibility). I assume that simply, it doesn't support multiple cameras - and without supporting them, it can't work with VR Panorama.
    Unfortunately, there isn't anything that I can do on my side. It's on a developer of that plugin to make it campatible with PostProcessing workflow. Sorry about that :(

45. Changbai

Changbai

I see! No worries :) I've actually just found a *very* hacky way to make this work - at least for the equidistant mono image panorama capture. Add a few additional step to LateUpdate() of VRCapture. This would allow Edge Detect to add outlines to panoramaCam's render texture.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
  46. ngfilms

ngfilms

47. ntbvirusss

ntbvirusss

Hi! Olix4242
    I rendered up to 2K resolution video but when I inject, the quality not good. How to improve it?
    here my rendered video:

My setting in capture image

Attached Files:

48. pahayah

pahayah

Greetings,

Unity Version: 2017.1.0f3

Does anybody know how to resolve stitching issues in a monoscopic 360 capture? I get a lot of popping from distant objects, and straight objects like likes on a highway are not properly lined up.

Please see this video and notice the following issues caused by the stitching errors
    • Buildings popping on stitch lines
    • misaligned highway stripes
    • nonuniform gradient in sky caused by stitching
    What can I do to make clean 360 captures?

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
  49. danclayton

danclayton

Hi, I wondered why there are white squares on the attached rendered PNG sequence, this is causing a transparent region where the object moves over it? How can I remove this so I can then use in after effects to composite over a background in ratio 3840x1920.

Attached Files:

50. amtrong318

amtrong318

Hi Support
    I gonna use this package in my project.
    I have 3d environment package.
    I gonna export this environment with HD 360 video (4K).
    Btw camera should move in real time.
    That is I want mp4 file.
    If possible, I will buy your package.
    Thanks.