Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

[RELEASED] VR Interaction Framework

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by BeardedNinjaGames, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Ice_Time

Ice_Time

How do I fire a ray through the key on the gamepad to trigger events with the ray

2. wwm0nkey

wwm0nkey

I seriously appreciate the response, will test it out and get back to you ASAP

3. wwm0nkey

wwm0nkey

Just tested, didn't seem to work, will try and figure out what's going on

EDIT: Okay so it works now when using the normal 3D pipeline, URP is when it starts throwing a fit.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2022
  4. Nilam1234

Nilam1234

Hello All,
    I need help for play my game in pico devices. I am using VRIF Plugin with oculus integration that is working perfect for oculus Quest and rift.
    But now I am trying to play game in Pico devices.so that I am following step of below reference link :
    https://wiki.beardedninjagames.com/en/DeviceSupport/Pico

But Occur following errors:
    [Assets\BNG Framework\Integrations\Pico\PicoRig.cs(9,9): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'Pvr_UnitySDKEyeManager' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)]

Anyone have an idea to solve it?

Please help me to solve this error. I am trying to solve it from last a week.

trojant likes this.
  5. lonelanrete

lonelanrete

hello. i often get compiler error like this
    Assets\BNG Framework\Scripts\UI\UIPointer.cs(124,48): error CS0103: The name 'curColor' does not exist in the current context
    there are 3 lines error
    Assets\BNG Framework\Scripts\UI\UIPointer.cs(122,20): error CS0103: The name 'curColor' does not exist in the current context
    Assets\BNG Framework\Scripts\UI\UIPointer.cs(123,46): error CS0103: The name 'curColor' does not exist in the current context
    Assets\BNG Framework\Scripts\UI\UIPointer.cs(124,48): error CS0103: The name 'curColor' does not exist in the current context

is there any way to resolve this?

6. adeick8

adeick8

That's because curColor is defined on line 108 inside an 'if' statement. That's an issue with the programming that hopefully BNG should fix. In the meantime, you can fix the compiler error by moving line 108 to line 94.

Change it from this
    Code (CSharp):
    1. vis = gameObject.GetComponent<XRInteractorLineVisual>();
    3. if(xrRay == null) {
    to this:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. vis = gameObject.GetComponent<XRInteractorLineVisual>();
    2. Gradient curColor = null;
    3. if(xrRay == null) {
    and delete line 108 (where it says "Gradient curColor = null; )

Last edited: Jan 16, 2023
  7. adeick8

adeick8

@BeardedNinjaGames
    What is a normal FPS for a VR game to run at?
    I've read that 72 FPS is kind of the minimum target. We have a big project already and we have been hitting low 20s. I tried removing all of our meshes (unchecking them in the scene) so that it is only a Plane and the XR rig, and we were hovering around high 50s - 60 FPS.

Lighting is baked, no real-time lighting. We are using URP. Do you have any suggestions for what may be causing the lag?

8. TymNetwork

TymNetwork

All the effects people add to VR just makes for HIGH DRAW CALLS.
    Putting killer graphic in VR is like trying to reach the speed of a
    FERRARI with a Moped. Why do people think they can make realistic life-like scenes in VR?
    Are you trying to kill the device? All your worthless additions toward realism is just breaking stuff.

9. pantang

pantang

10. XPloadED

XPloadED

Hey do you have any updates on Photon Fusion you talked about a few months ago?
    Currently working on my Thesis project and would love to use VRIF together with Fusion.

11. pantang

pantang

Noo please no photon! Telepathy/Mirror for the world! I know its easier but you got to pay subscriptions