Search Unity

[Released] VoxelMax (Voxel Editor, Converter)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by NanoidGames, Aug 6, 2015.

1. nixter

nixter

That physics simulation looks really good! I'm eager to see how that turns out.

2. NanoidGames

NanoidGames

Just to let you know I am still alive and I am still working on the next update.
    I am also preparing for the Reboot Develop in Croatia, so you can meet me there if you want. :)

The new version with the new physics system runs pretty well on 2014-2016 phones and tablets with solid 50-60 fps.
    upload_2016-4-17_20-28-7.png

Bhanshee00 likes this.
  3. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

I bought this asset a few weeks ago but I have only played with it a little. I have some big plans with it (I can't wait to really dive in!) but I need to wrap a couple smaller stuff up first. My initial impression is highly positive!

I did have one request though. It would be great if you could include a few more examples. Maybe some mini-games like PicaVoxel includes (I ultimately chose this asset over PicaVoxel because I think your asset looks impressive and seemed to me that it would be more performant and meet my needs.)

4. NanoidGames

NanoidGames

First of all, thank you for purchasing voxelmax. And actually you are right, I should probably add some further scenes with simpler cases of using voxelmax. As most of the time I am more focused on new features then actually produce documentation for them. But anyway if you have questions don't hesitate to contact me. :)

If you have any idea what kind of additional demos would be usefull for the system, please share it with me.
    I will do my best to push it into one of the upcoming updates.

StevenPicard likes this.
  5. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

I am looking forward to your update! Two questions regarding the update: Is there an easy way to adjust the power of the explosion\projectile? Will there be a way to find out the health or status of an object (i.e. how destroyed it is?) Let's say points are based on destruction level, or, a vehicle get damaged but after a certain point should be functional since it is too damaged.

Regarding examples: I would like to see a 2.5 level where there is a sprite character running\jumping around and perhaps picking up and throwing things. I would then like to see 3D level with a 3D character run, jump, shooting and interacting with objects around a level. I think these look like they would be my biggest challenges in a voxel environment. You could even do a simple Asteroids or Centipede type game, as well. These examples would give me (and I am sure others) a great opportunity to learn and study your code. I will PM you my game plans so you get an idea of some of the uses your asset will be used for.

Thanks!

6. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

7. NanoidGames

NanoidGames

You can set two property of the VoxelBomb behavior to adjust the explosion power.
    Explosion Radius: Gives you the radius where the bomb makes damage for the objects.
    Explosion Force: Is the force which will be applied for the explosion's particles.

You can also set the
    Max Particle count: Which limits the number of created voxel particles after the explosions.
    Object to Instantiate: If you use this parameter you can use you own prefab instead of the system's voxel particles. So instead of box shaped explosion particles you could even use spheres or cubes without colliders. (or pretty much anything :))

8. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

Wow! That sounds awesome.

9. OneGoodApp

OneGoodApp

Hi,

I'm impressed by your physics demo. I haven't purchased VoxelMax yet. I would like to know:
    1. if there is going to be any API changes with the new release of physics-capable VoxelMax?
    2. would the tank + explosions = physics demo be included in the update package?
    3. when would it be released?

Thank you!

10. NanoidGames

NanoidGames

Hello,

1. I always try my best to keep the system backward compatible.
    2. Yes absolutely.
    3. Hmmm. Please don't take this as a promise, but I plan to publish it June. The original plan was to do it in May, but I might not be able to do that. But anyway it will be in alpha state, right now I already see several ways to improve the system.

I am at the reboot develop conference right now, but after I return I plan to upload a new video of the system's current state. So follow me on twitter or facebook if you are interested.

11. NanoidGames

NanoidGames

The promised new video:

I used this demo to promote VoxelMax on the RebootDevelop conference.
    It was running on a Samsung Galaxy S2 with about the same speed you see on the video.

laurentlavigne and Bhanshee00 like this.
  12. digiross

digiross

How goes the development, I'm needing a voxel solution for my new project and VoxelMax looks great.

13. NanoidGames

NanoidGames

I keep working on the physics part, but I had much less time during the summer then what I would have preferred. :)
    So the current version is much more faster and stable then the previous version, but I did not prepared it for release yet.
    I think it would still need 1-2 week of work, but that means 1-2 months with my current schedule. :( Sry.

Bhanshee00 likes this.
  14. NanoidGames

NanoidGames

I just cut the price of VoxelMax to 20$. Probably you will see the new price within days on the AssetStore.

15. NanoidGames

NanoidGames

VoxelMax is now available for the new 20$ price on the AssetStore.

16. MadPixels

MadPixels

Can you add a voxel size option? Because mesh output is very big and you need to re-scale it every time. Also a outline on voxels option would be great.

Last edited: May 5, 2018
  17. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

Are you still planning on releasing updates for this?

18. NanoidGames

NanoidGames

Sorry guys, but I don't plan to add new features.
    Maybe I will upload some fixes and improvements, but that's all.

This last period was the hardest of my life, and it does not look like I will get more free time for myself anytime soon.
    I hope you will understand.

MadPixels likes this.
unityunity