Search Unity

[RELEASED] Visus - Realistic Eyes and Motion Asset

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by cartridgegamestudio, Jun 6, 2018.

1. cartridgegamestudio

cartridgegamestudio

Visus
    Realistic Eye Models and Motion Script
    Hello everyone, I would like to introduce my Realistic Eye Models and Motion Script Pack for developers who are curious to make games with more alive-like appearance.

Have you ever created a 3D character with great passion and passed it into Unity before?
    If you did, you immediately would feel the awkwardness. They would look unnatural. This unnatural look might have many reasons but in most of the cases it's caused because of eyes. Therefore, I come up with an asset to solve this issue. This asset contains,
    • 4 different prefabs. 3 eye prefab with High and Low poly option and Mobile shader option. Also single prefab for in-game eye movement.
    • 8 different iris texture with game-ready Normal maps. Single texture for eye ball. You can always increase number of textures.
    • 4 different scripts. More explanation can be seen at below.

What is this?

The word Visus means sight in Latin. And this is not a coincidence because Visus is an asset package that gives developers to create characters that look more alive by using the ultimate power of eyes. With Visus, you can increase/decrease pupil size, you can change Iris pattern and you can color Iris with the color you like. This package contains some prefabs, models and most importantly, scripts. There are four different prefabs and four different scripts. Prefabs is ready to use and you can find a demo scene where you can see the whole scripts and prefabs in action.

Details About Scripts and Prefabs
    Prefabs

Prefabs are in ready-to-use state. There are three eye prefabs and single LookBoundary prefab. Two eye prefabs are using same model with different materials. One is for mobile and another one is PBR. Other eye prefab is for Mobile purpose, with Mobile shader and low-polygon model.
    Now there is something important. DON’T COPY-PASTE PREFABS once you place them into scene. This is important. If you want to add new prefab, just go ahead and drag-drop it from Assets folder. Don’t copy-paste. Also, there is another important rule, once you drag-drop something DON’T go and change Pulip settings. Instead RUN ONCE. And then you can do whatever you want. However, if you have no intention to change pupil size beforehand, you can just go and change other settings and change it runtime. To change pupil size, you can access the attached script of the scene object and can call UpdateSize method with float variables ranging between 0.4f and 2.5f.
    Iris Patterns: This field is for adding new iris patterns. Let’s say, you have a new/modified pattern, you can simply drag-drop it onto here.
    Iris Normals: This field is for adding Normal Map for Iris patterns. Make sure that this field’s size is same as Iris Patterns.
    Pupil Size: This is for adjusting the Pupil size beforehand. However, make sure that you run the scene at least once before tweaking this.
    Iris Color: This is for adjusting the iris color. With this, you can create fancy eyes. Once you set a color,press Update Color button to see it’s effect.
    Draw Gizmos: This is for switching visibility of gizmos in editor window. While its on, you will be able to see pupil range.
    Runtime Adjustment: This is for switching on/off Runtime Adjustment. If you set this to false, you won’t be able to change size from slider, however you will still be able to change it via code. For best performance, please leave it UNCHECKED, because otherwise it will constantly check the vertices.
    Change Iris Pattern: This button will change the iris pattern with respect to Iris Array that we specified above.

Scripts
    There is more information about scripts in documentation. Please refer to documentation.

Screenshots

Is there any Documentation?
    Yes. You can see it's documentation in the asset's folder. It's in both PDF and DOCX format.

I have questions about this script. Help me! In such case, don't hesitate to contact with me. I'll be glad to help you

I have a request, but It's far different than this, would you like to hear?
    Absolutely! Just email me or send DM from here. My email is cartridgegamestudio@gmail.com